Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

Finished the Usopp episodes now, so fucking good!
Way better than the previous episodes, I didn't even cringe at these ones but I was completely immersed and actually really enjoying them LOL!

The cast are phenomenal especially Kuro here. Dude was actually menacing, horrifying and nailed the role perfectly, it felt like he was the "real Kuro" genuinely for me.

Kaya is so well cast, along with Kuna, Kid Zoro and Koshiro.I was laughing so hard and shocked by how brutal Kuina was and the actual swordplay/choreography was extremely impressive especially given how young they were too.
Kid Zoro was so convincing and compelling, I nearly teared up for him. Zoros flashback was so fucking well handled here imo.

Even Sham, Buchi and Merry were brilliant too! The SHs felt a lot more like the SHs for me here and the scenes of Kaya and Nami, Luffy and Usopp, Zoro trying to escape the well and kicking ass, being extremely badass, impressive and epic vs Sham and Buchi, Usopp and Kaya, even Koby and Helmeppo genuinely has me grinning and happy in a way I've not felt in a very long time.

I'm really enjoying the new scenes, storyline and thus character development for Koby, Helmeppo and Garp. This is doing so much for their characters and they are also extremely well cast, especially Koby and Helemeppo.

Garps Scottish accent and him being more serious, less goofier and jollier has been jarring for me but I do think the actor is doing a brilliant job regardless. Would love to see how he handles Marineford especially.

The soundtrack and cinematography have been phenomenal for me too. No live action production has felt as faithful and immersive as this show, since Rurouni Kenshin from what I've seen?

You can tell Oda had a massive involvement with this and the team working on the show, including the cast really understand, respect and even enjoy the source material.

I'm really enjoying the Buggy and Arlong storyline too as well as their castings too. The fishmen look perfect to me, along with best clown @Rottkins @CoC: Color of Clowns and Arlong, along with Buggy are turning out to be absolute menaces.

From what I've heard, Krieg is barely involved and that is extremely disappointing, especially if Gin is neglected or worse, straight up omitted pretty much.
I'll find out in the next 2 episodes ofc but I've been hearing Baratie is VERY different and cut out quite a lot including Sanjis big farewell scene with him kneeling and bowing too?

I saw a clip of Mihawk vs Krieg and that looked amazing, they absolutely delivered but it's either Matt or Steven who is a huge Mihawk stan too at least? So it's expected naturally? I think it was Matt?

So glad to hear we're getting a season 2 for this now too. I expected we would regardless but actual confirmation is greatly reassuring and uplifting too. If its gonna cause another month break and or more breaks in general, as well as Oda comprising his attention on the story of the manga and thus quality of it, I'm seriously gonna hate the live action like never before though ironically.

I really want to see Drum Island, Alabasta, Jaya, Skypeia, Marineford and Thriller Bark now, although that lowkey may need a miracle, especially for them to be done "Justice".

I was laughing at the sheer irony of how kid Kuina was IMMENSELY more impressive than Smoothie and especially Tashigi here and thus relishing the possibility of Tashigi actually getting the respectful, iconic, badass depiction she deserves, as well as our goat, Smoker ofc.

If only Kiri was alive to see live action Tashigi and this badass Kuina too, sigh...I'd love to see what the LA team would do with Smoothie, Amande, Big Mom, Black Maria, Kiku, Ulti, Yamato, Gin Rummy etc but especially Hiyori, Kiku and Smoothie too. Alas we can dream though ofc lol.

I also would love to see live action Perona, how they sound change and improve Absalom and Hogback drastically as needed (if they don't get omitted or if Thriller Bark even gets adapted) but also Zoro's legendary nothing happened moment ofc.

I also would love to see the supernovas and admirals adapted and fleshed out far more. Garp, Koby and Helmeppo are benefiting immensely from it imo and despite a lot of the fanbase in general apparently disliking the chess scenes with Garp and Koby or even thinking them unnecessary, I really like them personally.
It's quite a nice storytelling technique/trope especially for getting insight into character psyche and motivations and the Japanese love it too, as Oda has used chess symbolism and terminology in OP before and Naruto had its wonderful shogi scenes with Shikamaru, his dad and Asuma too IIRC?

I love this live action anyway, it's really cheering me up during the darkest, lowest and most difficult time of my life so far and its nurturing my love for one piece, why I loved the show originally, why I absolutely adored the SHs including our goofy Luffy and future pirate king ofc too

The humility of this adaptation and early one piece is absolutely divine, exceptionally and enriching tbh. Its so beautifully humble, unpretentious and far deeper than it seems, like a puddle that is far deeper than it horst appears too. A mini ocean/lake/pond etc in disguise even.

Odas writing as well as from the Netflix team, the strength of the characterisation and the charisma of his characters, the passionate, devoted, compelling and convincing acting from the cast really all just shine spectacularly, along with the PHENOMENAL music especially the familiar songs and some new songs like wealth, fame, power and the absolutely HEART POURINGLY beautiful My Sails Are Set from the extremely talented and perfectly suited and chosen for this show, the singer Aurora!

This has taken me back to when I first got into one piece 20 years ago and I genuinely cannot express how happy I felt and how much I was actually grinning with this show. I'm really starting to understand some of the more truly passionate and proudly obsessed fans like Tekking, Ohara Artur and Uzumaki Khan, as well as some of you here too ofc.
I really felt like a kid again, well a teenager I guess but an enthralled, hyped up teenager who just discovered the most amazing new world, story, characters etc to unashamedly obsess over for decades now!

God bless the live action team, Oda, everyone involved from every single part of the production of this show for every single part of it regardless. I fucking love this cast and could not have asked for better!

I keep forgetting to mention that I'm really enjoying the humour in this show too. Inaki has really made me laugh with Luffy and I adore his portrayal of him, I can't even imagine how Oda must feel especially seeing his honorary son, his life's work, joy and pride brought to life like this and so beautifully authentically and passionately!

The Strawhats actors are so great especially Jacob with Usop and Inaki with Luffys but Mackenyru and Emily are really growing on me now too with Zoro and Nami ofc.

Apologies for the huge essay/blog anyway but I had so much to get off my (treasure) chest and I've still not said everything either LMAO!
I'm so glad I lived to see this happen anyway regardless.

:lumazed::hapnoel::lawsigh::ace::zosmug::kailaugh::queenmoji:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the Usopp episodes now, so fucking good!
Way better than the previous episodes, I didn't even cringe at these ones but I was completely immersed and actually really enjoying them LOL!

The cast are phenomenal especially Kuro here. Dude was actually menacing, horrifying and nailed the role perfectly, it felt like he was the "real Kuro" genuinely for me.

Kaya is so well cast, along with Kuna, Kid Zoro and Koshiro.I was laughing so hard and shocked by how brutal Kuina was and the actual swordplay/choreography was extremely impressive especially given how young they were too.
Kid Zoro was so convincing and compelling, I nearly teared up for him. Zoros flashback was so fucking well handled here imo.

Even Sham, Buchi and Merry were brilliant too! The SHs felt a lot more like the SHs for me here and the scenes of Kaya and Nami, Luffy and Usopp, Zoro trying to escape the well and kicking ass, being extremely badass, impressive and epic vs Sham and Buchi, Usopp and Kaya, even Koby and Helmeppo genuinely has me grinning and happy in a way I've not felt in a very long time.

I'm really enjoying the new scenes, storyline and thus character development for Koby, Helemeppo and Garp. This is doing so much for their characters and they are also extremely well cast, especially Koby and Helemeppo.

Garps Scottish accent and him being more serious, less goofier and jollier has been jarring for me but I do think the actor is doing a brilliant job regardless. Would love to see how he handles Marineford especially.

The soundtrack and cinematography have been phenomenal for me too. No live action production has felt as faithful and immersive as this show, since Rurouni Kenshin from what I've seen?

You can tell Oda had a massive involvement with this and the team working on the show, including the cast really understand, respect and even enjoy the source material.

I'm really enjoying the Buggy and Arlong storyline too as well as their castings too. The fishmen look perfect to me, along with best clown @Rottkins @CoC: Color of Clowns and Arlong, along with Buggy are turning out to be absolute menaces.

From what I've heard, Krieg is barely involved and that is extremely disappointing, especially if Gin is neglected or worse, straight up omitted pretty much.
I'll find out in the next 2 episodes ofc but I've been hearing Baratie is VERY different and cut out quite a lot including Sanjis big farewell scene with him kneeling and bowing too?

I saw a clip of Mihawk vs Krieg and that looked amazing, they absolutely delivered but it's either Matt or Steven who is a huge Mihawk stan too at least? So it's expected naturally? I think it was Matt?

So glad to hear we're getting a season 2 for this now too. I expected we would regardless but actual confirmation is greatly reassuring and uplifting too. If its gonna cause another month break and or more breaks in general, as well as Oda comprising his attention on the story of the manga and thus quality of it, I'm seriously gonna hate the live action like never before though ironically.

I really want to see Drum Island, Alabasta, Jaya, Skypeia, Marineford and Thriller Bark now, although that lowkey may need a miracle, especially for them to be done "Justice".

I was laughing at the sheer irony of how kid Kuina was IMMENSELY more impressive than Smoothie and especially Tashigi here and thus relishing the possibility of Tashigi actually getting the respectful, iconic, badass depiction she deserves, as well as our goat, Smoker ofc.

If only Kiri was alive to see live action Tashigi and this badass Kuina too, sigh...I'd love to see what the LA team would do with Smoothie, Amande, Big Mom, Black Maria, Kiku, Ulti, Yamato, Gin Rummy etc but especially Hiyori, Kiku and Smoothie too. Alas we can dream though ofc lol.

I also would love to see live action Perona, how they sound change and improve Absalom and Hogback drastically as needed (if they don't get omitted or if Thriller Bark even gets adapted) but also Zoro's legendary nothing happened moment ofc.

I also would love to see the supernovas, and admirals adapted and fleshed out far more. Garp, Koby and Helmeppo are benefiting immensely from it imo and despite a lot of the fanbase in general apparently disliking the chess scenes with Garp and Koby or even thinking them unnecessary, I really like them personally.
It's quite a nice storytelling technique/trope especially for getting insight into character psyche and motivations and the Japanese love it too, as Oda has used chess symbolism and terminology in OP before and Naruto had its wonderful shogi scenes with Shikamaru, his dad and Asuma too IIRC?

I love this live action anyway, it's really cheering me up during the darkest, lowest and most difficult time of my life so far and its nurturing my love for one piece, why I loved the show originally, why I absolutely adored the SHs including our goofy Luffy and future pirate king ofc too

The humility of this adaptation and early one piece is absolutely divine, exceptionally and enriching tbh. Its so beautifully humble, unpretentious and far deeper than it seems, like a puddle that is far deeper than it horst appears too. A mini ocean/lake/pond etc in disguise even.

Odas writing as well as from the Netflix team, the strength of the characterisation and the charisma of his characters, the pasdionate, devoted, compelling and convincing acting from the cast really all just shine spectacularly, along with the PHENOMENAL music especially the familiar songs and some new songs like wealth, fame, power and the absolutely HEART POURINGLY beautiful My Sails Are Set from the extremely talented and perfectly suited and chosen for this show, the singer Aurora!

This has taken me back to when I first got into one piece 20 years ago and I genuinely cannot express how happy I felt and how much I was actually grinning with this show. I'm really starting to understand some of the more truly passionate and proudly obsessed fans like Tekking, Ohara Artur and Uzumaki Khan, as well as some of you here too ofc.
I really felt like a kid again, wella teenager I guess but a enthralled, hyped up teenager who just discovered the most amazing new world, story, characters etc to unashamedly obsess over for decades now!

God bless the live action team, Oda, everyone involved from every single part of the production of this show for every single part of it regardless. I fucking love this cast and could not have asked for better!

I keep forgetting to mention that I'm really enjoying the humour in this show too. Inaki has really made me laugh with Luffy and I adore his portrayal of him, I can't even imagine how Oda must feel especially seeing his honorary son, his life's work, joy and pride brought to life like this and so beautifully authentically and passionately!

The Strawhats actors are so great especially Jacob with Usop and Inaki with Luffys but Mackenyru and Emily are really growing on me now too with Zoro and Nami ofc.

Apologies for the huge essay/blog anyway but I had so much to get off my (treasure) chest and I've still not said everything either LMAO!
I'm so glad I lived to see this happen anyway regardless.

:lumazed::hapnoel::lawsigh::ace::zosmug::kailaugh::queenmoji:
it is perfect review :D

G

Gorosei Informer

it is perfect review :D
Ah tyvm! Glad you liked it so much, I'm honoured! A lot of people did too going by the likes as well apparently, ty all so much haha!

I was dying to talk about it, to express how I felt after those 2 amazing episodes imo. I genuinely was so enthralled, so on the edge of my seat with Kuro's make- @Mr. Reloaded -truly-proud-betrayal too! I REALLY cannot wait to see how they would handle Crocodile, Baroque Works and those fucking awesome, badass and hilarious fights, funny moments and characters they provided too!

Imagine how hard the Nami vs Doublefinger fight could go, even way beyond than how already gritty and brutal the fight was in the anime and manga?! Also imagine Zoro vs Daz Bones/Mr 1 with this kind of brutality, realism and amazing swordplay and choereography in general?! I'm so fucking excited by the potential, I might legit have an Uzumaki Khan style freakout lmfao!

I've only watched 4 episodes so far, only half of it ofc so I'm gonna do a 2nd review for the 2nd half and thus also giving my overall thoughts on the LA adaptation VERY soon too! Can't wait! I'm really looking forward to some certain scenes too!

I'll also confess, I saw half of episode 5, Baratie part 1 so far and I am LOVING Taz as Sanji already! The characterisation of him, Zeff and Gin so far is fucking great and I'm really enjoying it so far! The Baratie set looks SPECTACULAR and EPIC, truly magnificent and grand (line - grand line cook even lmao) and I am loving the jazzy music it has going on too! So fitting for our goat Sanji ofc!

Speaking of which too, you can really see the results, the blossoms of Taz's INTENSE and thus truly dedicated and passionate training for the role! Sanji was so fucking cool at taking down that random pirate and Foolbody I mean Fullbody, it felt like when I first saw Sanji in action in the anime and also when I played as him for the first time in the games, especially Pirate Warriors 3 and was just absolutely blown away! To this day, Sani has my ABSOLUTE favourite fighting style in any series/form of media and I love that Oda doubled down on Diable Jambe in the manga which I already LOVED to HELL (pun intended) but gave it the ultimate upgrade we yearned for after SO LONG too!

Shit man, the only way I could improve Sanjis fighting style aside from haki now, is to give him full Rokushiki (A leg based Shigan would be interesting somehow lmao), maybe an Okama form for the memes, a new Raid Suit courtesy of Franky and Vegapunk BUT especially to give him explosive kicks somehow and flaming rankyakus, I NEED those regardless! Sanji kicking people and making them explode as he hits them would be SO BADASS! Explosive combustion or w/e?

I REALLY love the depiction of Godhawk BestHawk Fraudhawk Monkehawk Painthawk DadHawk MiGawk so far too! Even better than I hoped for! His actor is doing it perfectly and he looks so good! That scene of him fighting as he talked to Garp on some kind on transmitter was so damn good, especially when he sliced Kriegs ship and then cut Kriegs bullet 300 style too! Mihawk the Leonidas of Swordsmen LMAO! "BABOONS, TONIGHT WE FIGHT IN HELL!"
Can't wait to see Zoro facing Mihawk in this adaptation now especially too!

I also saw a clip of when Mihawk goes to Shanks in the LA and the banter was HILARIOUS, it made me love Shanks' actor and thus casting in that moment, absolutely sold on his delivery and personality, plus felt like classic Pirates of the Carribean vibes with Jack and Will or Barbossa for example, in fact I do get POTC vibes from this adaptation here and there, especially Mihawk too.

Krieg looks great, I like his actor for him too and its a shame thats all we seem to get of him, idk if there's more of him later but I doubt it? It seems like he's dead but hopefully just defeated instead? At least Mihawk didnt fucking savagely cut him up like Zoro did to Mr 7, Zoro is UNHINGED here LMAO! (Although far more realistic ofc and also more terrifying and haunting knowing that Zoro knows how to control what he cuts and only cuts what he wants to and thus kills when needed.)

They've absolutely nailed this so far and Gin's actor is doing a great job so far too, very convincing!

LMFAO, I just wrote a long ass post reviewing only half an episode so far too, GG, 10/10!

This live action is something else though man, SO much better than I expected and thus antipicated and I am so glad for it! This genuinely is the best time to be a One Piece fan after all!

:kobeha::risitameh:w:saden::risitasad::luffylaugh::zosmug:

Shit I messed up my tag of @Mr. Reloaded lol, damnit!
Post automatically merged:

This aged so fantastically well too, love to see it!:

Lmfao I also typed Zoro as Zoo by accident before!

Last edited by a moderator:

If only Kiri was alive to see live action Tashigi and this badass Kuina too, sigh...
I love that they picked kid actors who knew how to fight. Kiri would have noticed that Zoro is more about brute force while Kuina is more effective, and using his strength against him. It also feels different when its real people fighting.

Its obvious that the Netflix series is trying to make women look more pro active, and less weak in this version. Tashigi's character could be the biggest beneficiary if they play their cards correctly. It would be great if she is portrayed more of an equal to Mosshead. You can still heavily imply that Zoro is stronger without making her a sore loser.

You can have Zoro meeting Tashigi in a similar fashion except Nami is tagging along. Our navigator will notice that its the first time she sees him completely lose his cool which would connect nicely to their drinking game scene. I hope Smoker and Tashigi have more prominent roles in season 2 much like Garp and Koby. I am willing to bet Ace will have a bigger part as well.

During Covid, rewatching One Piece really kept me going. Its message about not giving up in the hardest times. The likable cast, humor and the sense of adventure are such a contagious positive force in these uncertain times. I with interacted Emily/Kiri during lockdown and we both cheered each and shared our love for Zoro and Tashigi.

The barrel scene was even better than the original. Its hard not to feel emotional when they cut to the moments when they were kids. One Piece is about growing up and sill embracing your inner child. You know your show is the real deal when newcomers cried at this moment.

Odas writing as well as from the Netflix team, the strength of the characterisation and the charisma of his characters, the passionate, devoted, compelling and convincing acting from the cast really all just shine spectacularly, along with the PHENOMENAL music especially the familiar songs and some new songs like wealth, fame, power and the absolutely HEART POURINGLY beautiful My Sails Are Set from the extremely talented and perfectly suited and chosen for this show, the singer Aurora!
The Arlongs actor gave an incredible performance. Dan Murell mentioned that its incredible that he was able to take his character seriously despite his costume.

Avril Lavigne did have a couple of songs for FIlm Z. I love Aurora's song but the Japanese version sounds like an anime ending we never got.

I really felt like a kid again, well a teenager I guess but an enthralled, hyped up teenager who just discovered the most amazing new world, story, characters etc to unashamedly obsess over for decades now!

I really enjoy watching Youtubers discovering the series for the first time. Its like being a kid again. They all love Luffy's unhinged contagious positivity especially in these dark times. Zoro and Mihawk becoming instant favorites. New fans shipping Mosshead and the navigator like older fans. People being touched by Sanji and Nami's backstories. Usopp has an undeniable chaotic creativity. I love how they made his love for Kaya official.

Inaki does something similar to Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man by making us believe that his wacky world could exist in our reality. The stretchy kind line was perfectly delivered. The Straw Hats are a bit like the Japanese's version of the Avengers. The funniest scene for me is when he up and tells Kaya that he is a pirate.

Last edited:
Matt Owens (One Piece Live-Action producer) published Eiichiro Oda's exclusive drawing for Mr. 7!!

http://instagr.am/p/Cx6S8piyzt2/
I pitched a lot of ideas to Oda in our first meeting. One was about how to introduce Zoro in an action based scene to show off what he can do before we meet him in Shells Town. In an old SBS (fan Q&A) Oda mentioned that Zoro was previously recruited by Mr. 7 of Baroque Works and killed him in combat. This was exactly what I was looking for: something within canon while never actually shown in the manga itself. Oda turned to one of his editors and said: “Did I say that?”

The next day I was presented with this drawing. The only time Mr. 7 has been fully drawn by Oda. He said he was impressed by my knowledge of his world and he liked the idea. Holding onto this felt like I was carrying the Holy Grail. The first of many great conversations and interactions with the man himself. Someone I’m honored to call a collaborator and a friend.