We tend to glorify nostalgia to the point we forget its dark side. Japanese animation is just a way bigger industry now than it used to be back then. We had hot garbage in the 80s and 90s, but it wasn't so much in your face since we had less access and we would naturally filter out the trash that no one wanted to see. Now that we live in the streaming era, garbage like Rent a Gf or whatever incest fantasy degeneracy that comes to mind is at the front and center of Anime culture.
True that, but I also feel like the old era of anime had considerably more good stuff than now.

True that, but I also feel like the old era of anime had considerably more good stuff than now.
Makes sense, there was less money in the industry so more pressure to actually make a quality product. Funnily enough, the last few anime I've watched are Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Bubblegum Crisis. All older stuff (mostly cyberpunk), not much interest in anything more modern. Have had AOT on the list for a while though so might give that a shot eventually.

Makes sense, there was less money in the industry so more pressure to actually make a quality product. Funnily enough, the last few anime I've watched are Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Bubblegum Crisis. All older stuff (mostly cyberpunk), not much interest in anything more modern. Have had AOT on the list for a while though so might give that a shot eventually.
Did you read "BLAME!"? Only read the first chapter or so but I hear it's good, I think it's a cyberpunk manga.

Spoilers from Tik tok:

Kizaru is depressed and has decided to leave the marines. A new marine admiral is shown talking to Akainu. Akainu is angry that Kizaru is leaving the marines but has a flashback where he melted his best friend( identity hasn't been shown only that the face and body is melting ). He burns his desk in anger.
Straw hats are partying and nearing Elbaf suddenly a huge storm starts all of a sudden and a big black ship with a man in silhouette is standing on it smiling. We only see the teeth and it is similar to the man in rocks' god valley flashback.
@Mr. Reloaded @NikaInParis @Sir Yasheen @DarkestKnightofSpoilers

- Devon can copy any appearance she touched, she transforms into Saturn's hybrid form, but can't change between his human/full zoan form
- She controlls S.Gator, S.gecko, S.Hawk