G

Gorosei Informer

Oh yeah, on the subject of Teach being unable to sleep, does that come from any myths or tales? I wonder if it's a hint to what he really is.
It makes me think of Lovecraft and cosmic horror. I swear I remember hearing about an Eldtrich God who cannot awaken for it would destroy the universe/wipe it out if it woke up? The universe's existence relies on it being asleep or something weird like that?

Ah I found it, Azathoth!:
https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Azathoth

Wait a minute...Blind Idiot God? LOL! Wtf?!

According to Lovecraftian mythology, Azathoth is the omnipotent "Blind Idiot God" or "Nuclear Chaos". It is said to be stuck in endless slumber and is served upon by countless lesser deities that play a maddening tune on innumerable drums and flutes to keep Azathoth from awakening, for if the great "Daemon Sultan" should awaken, even for a few moments, all of existence is said to be doomed as it will signal the ultimate destruction of existence as we know it.

Hmm, that about endless drumming...I wonder?....

Blackbeard is the opposite though, he is rumoured to never sleep as Buggy told Shanks and Luffy mentioned he heard of people cannot fall asleep in a certain country, as its so cold there, that they would die if they fell asleep. Blackbeard's childhood drawing by Oda has him crying under a moon and sitting on snow I believe too. Blackbeard also attacked Drum Island for unknown reasons too.

I'm not sure otherwise though....

I found this though from TV tropes of all places lol:
  • Fatal familial insomnia is an extremely rare genetic disorder which progressively destroys a person's ability to sleep and with it even simple things like short-term memory and maintaining proper orientation in your environment AKA balance. It also induces hallucinations. 7 or more months after its onset, sleep becomes totally impossible, with insanity and death following shortly after.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSleepless

Its under "Real Life" on there.

There are theories Blackbeard doesn't sleep because he's so eternally afraid to let his guard down, that he can't let himself sleep or maybe he has multiple souls inside him somehow. Maybe Xebec's soul too. But he was like this WAY before he got the Yami Yami so it can't be due to that either.

G

Gorosei Informer

Any Ghost Trick fans here btw?

If you've not played it, it's just been re-released today and it's such a FANTASTIC game imo! It's not a "mainstream choice" of game but its a very unique, heartfelt experience with such powerful, emotional writing by the end!

TL:DR is you play as the ghost of a murdered criminal who finds out he can manipulate objects like a poltergeist or w/e and in desperation to remember who he is and his former life, he gets tangled up in saving the life of a young woman and preventing her murder (multiple times I believe) and the murders of many others too!

I'm trying to avoid spoilers but its a beautiful game, a game that really touched me emotionally for MANY years and its by the same creator of Ace Attorney/Phoenix Wright so emotional, heartstring pulling writing is a given!

Fantastic art style and soundtrack too! The gameplay is really neat too! My favourite ghost game ever, followed by Ghost Master and Murdered: Soul Suspect, the latter being a brilliant ghost detective game and a very dark, bittersweet noir story too!

Without any spoilers too, its a game dog lovers will appreciate, especially by the end! I can't say why but Missile really is "best boy", I can't emphasise it enough!

Also I should have really tagged @Doggo of all people, especially not just due to his name but also being a Phoenix Wright fan ofc! Not sure if you've played this too Doggo?