Y'all didn't account for the fact that Shanks clashed with the guy who beat the shit out of Sakazuki while nerfed though
Post automatically merged:

It's true, I and others said it before, and if he's too strong for the story then why even make him an antagonist? Lol
People have poor reading comprehension. Oda said that if the main character had a powerful df like Lakainu then the OP would end in 1 yr. If Luffy was a magma man he'd have been the PK by now.

Y'all didn't account for the fact that Shanks clashed with the guy who beat the shit out of Sakazuki while nerfed though
Post automatically merged:

It's true, I and others said it before, and if he's too strong for the story then why even make him an antagonist? Lol
If you some others said it before that mean y all are probably right:risitasad:

Now let's look at what Oda said: "Luffy worries me the most since he defeats main villain right away unless I make him stranded before he arrives at the ennemy. So, when you create a protagonist in manga, it's not a good idea to make him too strong because one piece would come to an end within a year."

Alternate reality piece:"if Akainu was the protagonist, the series would suck and get axed within a year":risitavirus: