I always expected this kind of relationship with Garp, doesn't seem that moving to me so far expected more drama.
Agreed tho, Kuzan has always been the most poorly handled Admiral, his character is all over the place
The panels were ice cold though
I like Kuzans story arc. He’s just a dude in search of his own sense of Justice.

Marienford was all about how pirates can be Justice if they win and the marines can be evil if they lose. And oda has really emphasized that recently with common citizens turning against the marines as well. Kuzan followed the WGs idea of Justice and it forced him to take part in genocide and allowed a maniac like Sakazuki to take control leading kuzan to give up on their Justice. And when teach offered him a place to find his own Justice and achieve his own dream he took it.

I wouldn’t say it’s all over the place I think it’s the perfect story for his character.

See, this is why i can't think highly of the good OP secondary characters, this whole ambiguous aura around Kuzan is absolutely irrelevant because Oda's writing is so narrow minded that Kuzan's goal would inevitably align with SHs anyway.

That's why i do not approve of such needless drama, and prefer pragmatic straightforward characters like Sakazuki.
True. In the end Kuzan will just be a plot device weakening Teach at the worst time because we all know his guilt for Ohara will inevitably lead to him doing something for Robin even though he already let her live and considering the circumstances that was more than enough. Even spared her pre ts as well.

See, this is why i can't think highly of the good OP secondary characters, this whole ambiguous aura around Kuzan is absolutely irrelevant because Oda's writing is so narrow minded that Kuzan's goal would inevitably align with SHs anyway.

That's why i do not approve of such needless drama, and prefer pragmatic straightforward characters like Sakazuki.
Meh, the story would be boring as fuck if everyone was like Sakazuki, as much as I like him.
If any I think Oda should have skipped all fodder shit in the chapter and focus solely and Kuzan vs Garp with them being reminiscent of their past while slugging it out.

I like Kuzans story arc. He’s just a dude in search of his own sense of Justice.

Marienford was all about how pirates can be Justice if they win and the marines can be evil if they lose. And oda has really emphasized that recently with common citizens turning against the marines as well. Kuzan followed the WGs idea of Justice and it forced him to take part in genocide and allowed a maniac like Sakazuki to take control leading kuzan to give up on their Justice. And when teach offered him a place to find his own Justice and achieve his own dream he took it.

I wouldn’t say it’s all over the place I think it’s the perfect story for his character.
I mean Blackbeard is pretty much lesser of two evil of world government.
‘Blackbeard is pretty much guy with muh agenda and crazy guy screaming I will change the world .

People say but Blackbeard have a crewmate as rapist meanwhile marines defend celestial dragons who may be rapists and torture people for giggles.

Kuzan acted like he was better than Sakazuki in Ohara, which is bullocks considering both are carrying out orders to nuke the island and exterminate every single breathing scholar, who are citizens anyway. Kuzan himself ends up killing his friend Saul and scaring the shit out of a little girl traumatizing her in the process

His justice changes from burning justice to lazy justice.
20 years later he says he'll spare the SHs, then decides to kill them on a whim lmao
After he gets tricked by a 17 year old boy, Kuzan decides to hand a retard like spandam a golden denden mushi
That is insane, how would you trust someone like that with nuking an island

Best thing to happen to his character was Akainu beating the shit out of this broken justice persona, at least now he can think straight

I mean Blackbeard is pretty much lesser of two evil of world government.
‘Blackbeard is pretty much guy with muh agenda and crazy guy screaming I will change the world .

People say but Blackbeard have a crewmate as rapist meanwhile marines defend celestial dragons who may be rapists and torture peolle for giggles.
It’s not that Blackbeard is the lesser of two evils, but that with Blackbeard kuzan has the freedom he never had with the WG to enact his own Justice.

With Blackbeard Kuzan is Kuzan. He’s not being forced to follow orders but is allowed to do what he thinks is best for his dream. While at the same time being connected to Blackbeard means he can’t be hunted if his Justice and dream is against the WGs goals.

I think BBs ship that emphasizes freedom really was perfect for him. He doesn’t need to like Blackbeard or any of the other TCs as long as they all work towards their own goals together that’s all that matters.

Kuzan acted like he was better than Sakazuki in Ohara, which is bullocks considering both are carrying out orders to nuke the island and exterminate every single breathing scholar, who are citizens anyway. Kuzan himself ends up killing his friend Saul and scaring the shit out of a little girl traumatizing her in the process

His justice changes from burning justice to lazy justice.
20 years later he says he'll spare the SHs, then decides to kill them on a whim lmao
After he gets tricked by a 17 year old boy, Kuzan decides to hand a retard like spandam a golden denden mushi
That is insane, how would you trust someone like that with nuking an island

Best thing to happen to his character was Akainu beating the shit out of this broken justice persona, at least now he can think straight
Yeah he should have done like Akainu with the full of civlians and kill the little girl instead
^He clearly was testing the straw hats lol, a flash freeze would have one shot them all
Only real bad writing is him giving golden den den mush to a moron like Spadam, i cannot explain this in good faith.

Kuzan's character makes perfect sense if you sees him as a guy that was very hardcore into justice at first (a proto-Aramaki) but Ohara affected him more than he thought it would.

Yeah he should have done like Akainu with the full of civlians and kill the little girl instead
^He clearly was testing the straw hats lol, a flash freeze would have one shot them all
Only real bad writing is him giving golden den den mush to a moron like Spadam, i cannot explain this in good faith.

Kuzan's character makes perfect if you think he was guy that was very hardcore into justice at first (a proto-Aramaki) but Ohara affected him more than he thought it would.
Honestly I doubt Kuzan ever expected Spandam to use the buster call. Even Spandam never wanted to and merely did it by accident.

The point of the golden snail seemed like a way solely to subdue robin and test the Straw Hats to see how far they’re willing to go to protect this girl who he’s felt responsible for for 20 years.

Youre acting like nuking 99% of an island is okay, but the rest 1% is a big no. Both are equally criminal, and the worst of all is the guy who issued the buster call Sengoku lmao
Akainu's justification was that if a single scholar escaped, all the sacrifices would've been for nothing
And his worst fears became a reality, 20 years later Aokiji nuked an island with god knows how many casualties

Being a high ranking marine carries many responsibilities, it is not a child's game, they do not know that fairy condom will free the world eventually. So this isn't really about right or wrong, and Kuzan definitely has no right to question what Akainu did after the marines murdered all these scholars in cold blood, and to top it off Kuzan killed a friend on the spot lol