News One Piece - Stampede Movie 14

Mehhh it wasn't that good

Mihawk appearing was so wtf as well. He came, swinged his sword, said goodbye. That's it lol, why even bothering? And wtf, they had two Admirals there, TWO. And just called another buster call. Wtf

I watched the movie yesterday randomly because I remember I didn't do so yet and I heard it was really good.

To me... it was average.

My opinion in spoilers because I am going more into detail:

The beginning promised a lot! I got really excited about the tournament and so many characters that were shown, wherever you looked. When Law was escaping from someone I thought "HUHHH?? What's going on?!" That question... never really got answered. I mean, he seemingly found out about Bullet and the plan etc. But why would he? Why would he sneak in there? What was his reason??

The tournament started out of nowhere, and it got me excited as the Strawhats went up the Knock-Up Stream and ranked first just as expected. I wanted to see a tournament and hoped it would be great, hoping that there would be more to the chase for the treasure? Yeah no, they arrived at the top, punched around a bit and there's already the treasure.

Suddenly, Bullet interferes, and all this shit goes downhill. It was sudden, odd, and though at first promising what looked like we get a lot of exciting plot, from there on it was just everyone against Bullet, and everyone failed. In the meantime he built up his robot ship, armored it and whatever, just making everything worse and worse, while people try to go against him and fail.

The whole Buster Call thing, yea. It was boring. It was such a side plot that I was tired of it early.

The amount of characters you were able to see, on one side it was nice! on the other side, it flattened the depth of the plot. I would have loved if the Strawhats had more focus. I really liked seeing Smoker and Tashigi, but seeing him distracted all the time by his "important business" to catch the Strawhats even though there was a greater issue at hand... oof.

In the end it was just everyone fighting against Bullet, who just seemed like an overpowered dork blinded by his strength, and he fell way too easily after what seemed impossible to solve at first. But what did I expect. I sure hope the fight against Kaido won't be that awful.

Also: Where did the Worst Generation go to? They suddenly vanished from the plot besides Luffy, Zoro and Law?? They just appeared in the end to escape?

The points I actually liked in between were when they worked together, the dynamics between Smoker and Sabo were good. Also the scene of Garp and Sengoku talking hit nicely, it had just the right dose of nostalgic feeling. Additionally when Zoro saw Mihawk (whatever he was doing there), that was a nice moment as well. Or when Bullet hit Luffy, Kids reactions were just a nice touch as he looked like he thought "Oh damn, if he punches Luffy into the ground that easily, that dude is no joke. Fucking shit!" And eventually, Luffys reaction to the "treasure"... it was just as expected and I loved how he just crushed it like he did in the original story during the Alabasta Saga.

And eventually: What was Lucci even there for? Just to sneak in and look evil and maybe just snatch away the treasure like an idiot? Boring.

This movie gets 3/5 from me. It was fun and enjoyable to watch, but the plot was flat. The fast paced animation were a blessing to my eyes though in contrast to the awful anime that exists.