General & Others One Piece What If: What if Sanji decided to use the raid suit instead of destroying it

Again resistance to fire does NOT mean fire cannot be used ontop of it. It simply means that the clothing will not be DAMAGED by fire. Very simple. His clothes are resistant to receiving damage by fire. That's it

What is fire resistance of a material?

A fire resistant material is one which is designed to resist burning and withstand heat. An example of a fire-resistant material is one which is used in bunker gear worn by firefighters to protect them from the flames of a burning building.

Fire resistance means so resistant to fire that, for specified time and under conditions of a standard heat in- tensity, it will not fail structurally and will not permit the side away from the fire to become hotter than a specified temperature.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fir...oid-tcl-rvo2b&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Yes, and I've addressed this to my point #2, please read that first.
Even then, RS might withstand normal fire / DJ, but will it be able to contains blue flame? We know that some special bullet can penetrate RS, which means that it's material is far from invincible. It might not able to.

Besides, I'm not sure if you forget or chose to ignore it.
There is an acceleration machine/floating devices in the shoes area, and we only know that the one with fire resistant feature is the RS skins. Again, whatever device that is, I doubt it can withstand blue flames.
Post automatically merged:

but his speed can make him turn into invisibility (imo both are the same).
Although the end result is the same, there is a huge difference in the process. For example, ultraspeed invisibility requires Sanji's own stamina, and a lot. It also requires some spaces because it's originated from mobility. If Sanji is restricted, like Aramaki's branch, he can't use that invisibility.

On the other hand, ultraspeed invisibility means the enemy's CoO must be very good to locate Sanji, so it's much harder to counter.

Some of us want Sanji to have both, because they have different advantages and disadvantages.

but his speed can make him turn into invisibility (imo both are the same).
Although the end result is the same, there is a huge difference in the process. For example, ultraspeed invisibility requires Sanji's own stamina, and a lot. It also requires some spaces because it's originated from mobility. If Sanji is restricted, like Aramaki's branch, he can't use that invisibility.

On the other hand, ultraspeed invisibility means the enemy's CoO must be very good to locate Sanji, so it's much harder to counter.

Some of us want Sanji to have both, because they have different advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:
Yes, and I've addressed this to my point #2, please read that first.
Even then, RS might withstand normal fire / DJ, but will it be able to contains blue flame? We know that some special bullet can penetrate RS, which means that it's material is far from invincible. It might not able to.

Besides, I'm not sure if you forget or chose to ignore it.
There is an acceleration machine/floating devices in the shoes area, and we only know that the one with fire resistant feature is the RS skins. Again, whatever device that is, I doubt it can withstand blue flames.
Again cap. Something not being able to withstand fire contradicts your argument. Since it not being able to withstand fire means fire CAN be used in the first place. Regardless of whether his suit can withstand his flames or not doesn't particular matter since my point was that it was incredibly stupid thinking that he CAN'T USE FIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE HIS SUIT IS FIRE RESISTANT. THAT WAS DUMB. RESISTANCE TO FIRE IN NO SUCH WAY EVEN SCIENTIFICALLY WOULD EVER MEAN FIRE CANT BE USED ON OR WITH AN OBJECT THATS RESISTANT TO IT. FIRE RESISTANCE MEANS THAT THE SUIT (NOT SHOE BOOSTERS) CANNOT BE DAMAGED. NOT THAT FIRE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUCTION WITH SAID SUIT

RS is fire resistant and Sanji's fire is generated via friction, so no DJ.
Seems like someone forgot that this was their original point

Regardless of whether his suit can withstand his flames or not does not particular matter since my point was that it was incredibly stupid thinking that he CAN'T USE FIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE HIS SUIT IS FIRE RESISTANT. THAT WAS DUMB. RESISTANCE TO FIRE IN NO SUCH WAY EVEN SCIENTIFICALLY WOULD EVER MEAN FIRE CANT BE USED ON OR WITH AN OBJECT THATS RESISTANT TO IT. FIRE RESISTANCE MEANS THAT THE SUIT (NOT SHOE BOOSTERS) CANNOT BE DAMAGED. NOT THAT FIRE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUCTION WITH SAID SUIT

Last edited:
Again cap. Something not being able to withstand fire contradicts your argument. Since it not being able to withstand fire means fire CAN be used in the first place. Regardless of whether his suit can withstand his flames or not doesn't particular matter since my point was that it was incredibly stupid thinking that he CAN'T USE FIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE HIS SUIT IS FIRE RESISTANT. THAT WAS DUMB. RESISTANCE TO FIRE IN NO SUCH WAY EVEN SCIENTIFICALLY WOULD EVER MEAN FIRE CANT BE USED ON OR WITH AN OBJECT THATS RESISTANT TO IT. FIRE RESISTANCE MEANS THAT THE SUIT (NOT SHOE BOOSTERS) CANNOT BE DAMAGED. NOT THAT FIRE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUCTION WITH SAID SUIT

Seems like someone forgot that this was their original point

Regardless of whether his suit can withstand his flames or not does not particular matter since my point was that it was incredibly stupid thinking that he CAN'T USE FIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE HIS SUIT IS FIRE RESISTANT. THAT WAS DUMB. RESISTANCE TO FIRE IN NO SUCH WAY EVEN SCIENTIFICALLY WOULD EVER MEAN FIRE CANT BE USED ON OR WITH AN OBJECT THATS RESISTANT TO IT. FIRE RESISTANCE MEANS THAT THE SUIT (NOT SHOE BOOSTERS) CANNOT BE DAMAGED. NOT THAT FIRE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUCTION WITH SAID SUIT
Again resistance to fire does NOT mean fire cannot be used ontop of it. It simply means that the clothing will not be DAMAGED by fire. Very simple. His clothes are resistant to receiving damage by fire. That's it

What is fire resistance of a material?

A fire resistant material is one which is designed to resist burning and withstand heat. An example of a fire-resistant material is one which is used in bunker gear worn by firefighters to protect them from the flames of a burning building.

Fire resistance means so resistant to fire that, for specified time and under conditions of a standard heat in- tensity, it will not fail structurally and will not permit the side away from the fire to become hotter than a specified temperature.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fir...oid-tcl-rvo2b&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Hmm, not sure if I'm starting to go dumb or start to forget things or something, but here's my thoughts.

- I always believe that fire resistant stuff are hard to combust//ignite/lit/whatever.
- And Sanji's theme is science, so there must be a scientific element about his fire, which is to sparks the fire, he needs frictions. Then other things can be left out to magical explanation, like his emotions as fuel or haki as defense mechanism.
- Because his suit is fire resistant, it is impossible for it to combust and sparks fire. Thus in my opinion, RS can't be used to generate fire.

Even if he can do it, he requires so much friction it might destroy the RS instead. I see our misunderstanding lies in my last point.

Hmm, not sure if I'm starting to go dumb or start to forget things or something, but here's my thoughts.

- I always believe that fire resistant stuff are hard to combust//ignite/lit/whatever.
- And Sanji's theme is science, so there must be a scientific element about his fire, which is to sparks the fire, he needs frictions. Then other things can be left out to magical explanation, like his emotions as fuel or haki as defense mechanism.
- Because his suit is fire resistant, it is impossible for it to combust and sparks fire. Thus in my opinion, RS can't be used to generate fire.

Even if he can do it, he requires so much friction it might destroy the RS instead. I see our misunderstanding lies in my last point.

Now the only think I disagree with is the friction thing.
Oda literally states that Sanji no longer needs to spin (cause friction) to generate fire. He doesn't even do so when he is using hells memories. He simply ignites with his strong emotions. If you are going the scientific route (which makes the most sense) then the only scientific response needed is that he can ignite himself because he has lunarian DNA bio engineered into his system. All the vinsmoke kids are genetically modified. What makes Sanji greater is that he has emotions and that his emotions fuels his bioengineered abilities
Hell Sanji can even ignite himself underwater

Now the only think I disagree with is the friction thing.
Oda literally states that Sanji no longer needs to spin (cause friction) to generate fire. He doesn't even do so when he is using hells memories. He simply ignites with his strong emotions. If you are going the scientific route (which makes the most sense) then the only scientific response needed is that he can ignite himself because he has lunarian DNA bio engineered into his system. All the vinsmoke kids are genetically modified. What makes Sanji greater is that he has emotions and that his emotions fuels his bioengineered abilities
Hell Sanji can even ignite himself underwater
Now that you mention it and I'm thinking about it again, it is indeed probable to use DJ in RS.
But he didn't use it against Page One because he needs to hide his identity (that's why he used the RS). If he used flaming legs, it's possible someone notices him, not many people use this style.

What do you think of Sanji doing it so fast we just don't see it? Skywalk is tapping the ground several times.
PreTS gear 2 requires pumping pose, but PostTS doesn't.
What if Sanji's friction requires very minimal movement or ultra speed movement?

Sanji's character is a good mix of Haki, Science, and DF (kinda, because of his fire). So if the science part of him is "assigned" to gene modification, and haki/magic to the flame, it is indeed possible.

I unironically wish for a black flame (to match black leg epithet), but since this isn't scientifically sane, Haki infused flame would be fine too.

Now that you mention it and I'm thinking about it again, it is indeed probable to use DJ in RS.
But he didn't use it against Page One because he needs to hide his identity (that's why he used the RS). If he used flaming legs, it's possible someone notices him, not many people use this style.

What do you think of Sanji doing it so fast we just don't see it? Skywalk is tapping the ground several times.
PreTS gear 2 requires pumping pose, but PostTS doesn't.
What if Sanji's friction requires very minimal movement or ultra speed movement?

Sanji's character is a good mix of Haki, Science, and DF (kinda, because of his fire). So if the science part of him is "assigned" to gene modification, and haki/magic to the flame, it is indeed possible.

I unironically wish for a black flame (to match black leg epithet), but since this isn't scientifically sane, Haki infused flame would be fine too.
1. We saw Sanji light his foot without moving several times post tineskip.

2. Soru is the rokoushiki technique that requires one to hit their feet on the ground 10 times in a second. Not geppo/skywalk/moon walk.

3. Yes sanji is a good mix between haki (life energy) and science.

4. Yes haki infused flame would indeed be very sick.

Honestly this is how I look at Luffy Zoro and Sanji.

Luffy went the whole haki and magic route (devil fruits are magic)

Zoro went the whole haki and spirit energy route (explains connection with blades, the afterlife, the grim reaper and asura)

Sanji went the haki and science route (flame leg tied to his generic modification being amplified by his emotions via Haki)

Why? And how? The Germa train literally every day. Heck, they probably all have CoO and CoA.
Sanjis greatest strength comes from his passion. This passion and his personal code are heavily connected to his willpower. Hence why his CoO is strongest when people need protection or help. Without his emotions he would no longer care if people needed help. He’d become nothing more than a warrior of science

Sanjis greatest strength comes from his passion. This passion and his personal code are heavily connected to his willpower. Hence why his CoO is strongest when people need protection or help. Without his emotions he would no longer care if people needed help. He’d become nothing more than a warrior of science
That only assumes that the Raid Suit was dulling his emotions or would have eventually.