One Punch Man Chapter 162 : Greatest Hero

Rate The Chapter!

• Total voters
This fight don't feel organic.. Saitamas character was off here..I really liked webcom plot and fight..
Skipping Garou vs S Class was a huge mistake imo. It was a good way to actually make Garou look like a villain. I was fine with Garou vs Sage Centipede, but in hindsight, it looks like that fight was a replacement for Garou vs S Class, which I’m not ok with

This fight don't feel organic.. Saitamas character was off here..I really liked webcom plot and fight..
I do agree Saitama provoking him seems outta character. But I guess he realised after Garou showed some feats that hes the only worth while figher around.

When Saitama sees someone with strong potential he does act different...since he does want a good fight at the end of day.

Either way, I like the fight so far. I just hope for best drawn cheography.

Honestly I’m very worried that ONE/Murata’s decision to skip Garou vs S Class will tank this arc.

I think that they should have had Fubuki heal all the S Class, even Tatsumaki, and then have the S Class fight Half-Monster Garou. Have Tatsumaki focus all her power on restricting Garou’s movements, then have the rest of the S Class present gang up on Garou. Garou would still be able to move and land a few hits, but his speed would be greatly nerfed by Tatsumaki’s psychic binding, enabling the S Class to land hits on him and avoid his attacks (which would have less power behind them anyways due to his lowered attack speed). It would be a tough fight, but Garou would eventually be cornered and forced to fully monsterize, at which point he stomps the S Class like he did in the webcomic. Then Saitama vs Garou happens.

Also Fubuki vs Psykos should have happened. Doesn’t Fubuki have to be arrested for the sake of the next arc?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Honestly I’m very worried that ONE/Murata’s decision to skip Garou vs S Class will tank this arc.

I think that they should have had Fubuki heal all the S Class, even Tatsumaki, and then have the S Class fight Half-Monster Garou. Have Tatsumaki focus all her power on restricting Garou’s movements, then have the rest of the S Class present gang up on Garou. Garou would still be able to move and land a few hits, but his speed would be greatly nerfed by Tatsumaki’s psychic binding, enabling the S Class to land hits on him and avoid his attacks (which would have less power behind them anyways due to his lowered attack speed). It would be a tough fight, but Garou would eventually be cornered and forced to fully monsterize, at which point he stomps the S Class like he did in the webcomic. Then Saitama vs Garou happens.

Also Fubuki vs Psykos should have happened. Doesn’t Fubuki have to be arrested for the sake of the next arc?
I think the damage is done and the tone is set, the whole fanservice in between with Metal Bat and Garou doing heroic things broke the constant rage and buildup for the finale, and now Saitama is acting like a mentor purposefully aggravating him.

The reason Saitama vs Garou was great in the webcomic was because he was the only one able to see through Garou's bs and he did it in typical Saitama fashion (he was here to complain about the noise his neighbours were making, not actively trying to convert Garou back for some kid). The battle against the S class was crucial for this too.

At this point just give me some cool looking panels and call it a day.

@Bango🍅 tag me next time.
When I thought manga is overtaking webcomic in term of content the past few chapters just proved me wrong.
OPM 2021 was peak one of the best stretches of chapter i have ever read.
But in 2022 it is becoming mid.I am not liking Garaou characterisation and not even that hyped for fight.
The art is only good forte for past 5 chapters.Hope Murata brings 2021 OPM back.