Chapter Discussion Onigashima Island was from Punk Hazard

The shade above the gate looks similar to the horned-skull-dome on Onigashima Island.

We don't know where Onigashima Island comes from.

Marco said it was rename to Onigashima, so it has a different name back then.

Could the Island supposedly from Punk Hazard and Kaido and King escaped Punk Hazard with it?

It was empty and Kaido built his castle inside the dome.

The shade above the gate looks similar to the horned-skull-dome on Onigashima Island.

We don't know where Onigashima Island comes from.

Marco said it was rename to Onigashima, so it has a different name back then.

Could the Island supposedly from Punk Hazard and Kaido and King escaped Punk Hazard with it?

It was empty and Kaido built his castle inside the dome.
:shocking:

I think that it rather may have been the home or at least an island colonized by the species or subspecies of ancient horned giants that Oars and his family belong to, and that Punk Hazard may have been one of their territories too very long before the main story, with it being the reason why the World Government chose Punk Hazard to host its scientist division base and experiments to recreate giants here, trying to use DNA remnants of the ancient giants skulls and bones to clone back ancient giants or find a process to make normal humans as gigantic and strong as them with the Numbers being the closest result to what they hoped for.

Last edited:
We do know where Onigashima came from, it was part of Wano before the walls around it were created as shown in chapter 1055, and Marco knew about Onigashima even though he had visited Wano 30 years ago, that page you post takes places 26 years ago. It's just an Ancient Giant.

That's probably One of Numbers
That's one of the numbers/experiences of the ancient giants.
It does look like one of the numbers, but from the drawing I don't think it is because I don't see the point Oda repeatedly telling us there are numbers in Punk Hazard. If it really was a number, he could just draw a number/giant like the baby dragons instead of giving us a silhouette.

I think that it rather may have been the home or at least an island colonized by the species or subspecies of ancient horned giants that Oars and his family belong to, and that Punk Hazard may have been one of their territories too very long before the main story, with it being the reason why the World Government chose Punk Hazard to host its scientist division base and experiments to recreate giants here, trying to use DNA remnants of the ancient giants skulls and bones to clone back ancient giants or find a process to make normal humans as gigantic and strong as them with the Numbers being the closest result to what they hoped for.
That's what I'm thinking.

We do know where Onigashima came from, it was part of Wano before the walls around it were created as shown in chapter 1055, and Marco knew about Onigashima even though he had visited Wano 30 years ago, that page you post takes places 26 years ago. It's just an Ancient Giant.
Wait.. did the story really mentioned Onigashima was part of wano before the wall is built?

It does look like one of the numbers, but from the drawing I don't think it is because I don't see the point Oda repeatedly telling us there are numbers in Punk Hazard. If it really was a number, he could just draw a number/giant like the baby dragons instead of giving us a silhouette.

That's what I'm thinking.

Wait.. did the story really mentioned Onigashima was part of wano before the wall is built?
This is Onigashima

Post automatically merged:

Though thinking about it further, I guess you could theorize that the Onigashima skull itself was originally from Punk Hazard, not the island, but still, the implications are that it's just an Ancient Giant peering over the wall, both from the sign warning of Ancient Giants and the growling on the page.

Last edited:
This is Onigashima
But the difference is Sukiyaki's description doesn't have a dome. Sukiyaki also never mentioned about the little island. The Onigashima Island probably came from other places and landed on top of the "little island" later after the wall were built. :kayneshrug:

Though thinking about it further, I guess you could theorize that the Onigashima skull itself was originally from Punk Hazard, not the island, but still, the implications are that it's just an Ancient Giant peering over the wall, both from the sign warning of Ancient Giants and the growling on the page.
You sure the growling sound isn't coming from the baby dragon?

F

Foul Legacy

I'm assuming Onighishima is the dead remain of ancient giant how pulled up the wall as they were called continent pusher or puller something

That was a number. It wasn’t nearly big enough to be the onigashima skull.

We were already told that Kaido bought the numbers from the WG.
My perspective tells me it is very far away and the angle kinda tells me it is high in altitude. Onigashima isn't a huge island and Marco initial descript it as little island.