Episode Discussion "Only Haki transcends all" discussion about what Kaido said

I think when Kaido said that, because it's kinda true, Roger who was PK never had a DF but only mastered the 3 types of haki and was the most powerful swordsman in his time, and when he said that, because he was kinda right about a DF power only won't rule the world but at the same time he was wrong cause there are broken DF's like Uta, Sugar, Baccarat (Non-Canon), Ain (Non-Canon)...etc, and other powers that can rule the world such as Ancient Weapons as Shirahoshi has Poseidon and if she can have full control of it she can rule the seas.

Also when Kaido said that, he was heavily utilizing both of his DF powers and Haki as well, and when he said this to Luffy, reason why he said that is because we kinda shouldn't take what he said seriously that much, cause he was fighting Luffy, and you know, when you fight your enemy, you use trash talk to play mental warfare games with your opponent, Kaido was playing mind games with Luffy when he said that.

Thoughts?

the most powerful swordsman in his time
Now watch the cope of Hakiman and gunslinger come up.
Post automatically merged:

Kaido was playing mind games with Luffy when he said this.

Thoughts?
Nope.
Haki transcands all was just a reply to luffy abusing his df powers. Kaidou thought luffy got cocky with New abiltiies and Landed a new Death destroyer or ragnarok on his head I don't remember which one but Even Strong Haki can Match Broken Devil fruit awakening.

And for the haki transcends all part.
Haki is unidirectional , For DFs they are broken , a few of them but some might not work similarly against some other opponent. No matter how overpowered. Take luffy and enel into account. But Haki is more towards equally hurting all kind of Devil fruit and it's hax.

Now watch the cope of Hakiman and gunslinger come up.
Post automatically merged:

Nope.
Haki transcands all was just a reply to luffy abusing his df powers. Kaidou thought luffy got cocky with New abiltiies and Landed a new Death destroyer or ragnarok on his head I don't remember which one but Even Strong Haki can Match Broken Devil fruit awakening.

And for the haki transcends all part.
Haki is unidirectional , For DFs they are broken , a few of them but some might not work similarly against some other opponent. No matter how overpowered. Take luffy and enel into account. But Haki is more towards equally hurting all kind of Devil fruit and it's hax.
Why was Roger never called WSS :choppawhat:

Why was Roger never called WSS :choppawhat:
There can be only one "Actual" Strongest at a time.
- WB took on the reigns and then went past his prime but still carried the title.
- Kaidou took the reigns and then went past the prime and still carried the title.
- Mihawk came currently he is holding the title.

None of the titles existed at the same time.

Moment Mihawk got his Strongest Title which is still unclear on when it happened. Kaidou wasn't the strongest anymore , Either he started to decline or started to grow weaker than his prime.
During the fight of Onighishima Kaidou is 55/58 i guess.

I consider early 40s as their prime.

Though scale varies by a lot at the same time too.
Luffy and zoro , either of them will achieve strongest title in 20s only.
Admirals currently are in 50s , which start of decline of prime.

There can be only one "Actual" Strongest at a time.
- WB took on the reigns and then went past his prime but still carried the title.
- Kaidou took the reigns and then went past the prime and still carried the title.
- Mihawk came currently he is holding the title.
Holy copium lol

You're pulling this "there can be only 1 aCtUaL strongest at a time" straight from your ass.

Mihawk is simply the wss. A title that is encompassed within both the WSM and WSC titles. Those titles directly supersede the WSS title.

None of the titles existed at the same time.
Mihawk testing his strength against old cancer WB means that WB was above him. So WSM and WSS existed at the same time. Then after WB died, Kaido had the WSC title for 2 years. Which again, existed along with and superseded wss title.

And Mihawk is not the strongest alive either. Else oda would not need to specify wss and most skilled swordsman etc every time he has appeared in post skip.

I take it as it was said Haki transcends all. Sure in the world of op there are strong dfs but with strong haki those fruits powers won't work what so ever they will be nullified . A strong df user with strong haki though i would say is fair game and is a back and forth battle between the two, ultimately with the superior haki winning in the end.

I've seen a lot of discussion here on this quote, like it's some complex question as to what Kaido meant: "Oh, he's coping" or "Oh, this confirms Haki invalidated DF powers."

This by itself is a vague statement. What does "transcend all" even mean? But what everyone seems to totally ignore is that we get context for this statement on the previous page.

In the end, a strong Devil Fruit power isn't enough to conquer the seas.
All he is saying is that to be King of the Pirates, a Devil Fruit is optional, but strong Haki is mandatory. You can't rely on a Devil Fruit alone. That's it. It's not that deep, and we've known this for a long time because Roger didn't have a Devil Fruit. This is also proven true in Kaido and Luffy's final clash. Luffy won because he infused Bajrang Gun (a DF attack) with ACoA. Haki doesn't invalidate fruit powers. Kaido himself is literally using his hybrid Zoan form in this scene. Power is additive; they don't compete with each other. You just can't only use a Devil Fruit to become King.

Why was Roger never called WSS
Mmmm, good question, just cause he was called PK then it doesn't mean he'd be called "World's strongest...something"? probably, cause PK is a generic title, but then again a question, which title is more glorified/important/more cool? PK, WSM, WSC, WS-Swordsman, WS Amputee, WS Woman...etc? if you asked me, I think WSM, there will be another Roger, there will be another Kaido...etc but there will never be another WB probably.

Mmmm, good question, just cause he was called PK then it doesn't mean he'd be called "World's strongest...something"? probably, cause PK is a generic title, but then again a question, which title is more glorified/important/more cool? PK, WSM, WSC, WS-Swordsman, WS Amputee, WS Woman...etc? if you asked me, I think WSM, there will be another Roger, there will be another Kaido...etc but there will never be another WB probably.
Why not call him WSS in the Oden flashback, before he became PK?

Haki is necessary to become King of Pirates because you will have ALL competitors coming after you - DF merchants, Hakimen, Swordsmen, whatever.

This is what Kaido ultimately meant: finding One Piece means you need Haki strong enough to compete with top tier DFs and Hakimen.

Haki alone, however, isn't enough to make you the strongest. Whitebeard and Kaido both have extremely powerful DFs and top tier Haki. They were called the strongest among men and creatures. BB has compensated for his mid-Haki with two extremely powerful DFs and has risen to Yonko status.

Haki alone can't make you the strongest. Only DFs + Haki, or multiple DFs are capable of granting that.