Character Discussion op characters rejecting glory

mihawk rejected the yonko title cause it simply doesnt interest him and it would be a pain to his peace

garp rejected the admiral title cause it would steal his freedom and he would have to serve the celestial dragons

whitebeard rejected going for the onepiece cause he wasnt interested in it

are there any such examples where legends like these could have had something great but chose not to ?

they arent legends and what they could've achieved isnt as big but similar trait:

Sanji can be king of germa
Sabo also could've been king
Marco can join RHP
Maybe there are more🤔
hmm its more on how the onepiece world views them

being a yonko , admiral and getting to the onepiece
all 3 of these are heavily respected in the op verse

sanji becoming the king of germa aint as good as these like u said but its still very good
sabo being a noble can give him a lavish life but that certainly isnt how the theme of onepiece is and what oda wants people to be

It seems to me every "Greatest" (Someone with a Throne or Top Rank/Title) have a Rival (Friendly) who Rejected being in Similar Position

WB Rejected "Pirate King" Throne --- Roger Didn't
Garp Rejected "Fleet Admiral" Throne --- Sengoku Didn't
Mihawk Rejected "Emperor" Throne --- Shanks Didn't
Ace Rejected "Warlord" Throne --- Jinbe Didn't

So i'm gonna assume that:

Dragon have a Rival who chose not to Join Revos Army
Garling or Imu have a Rival who chose not to Join Holy Knights or Celestial Dragons
God of Elbaf have a Rival who chose not to Join Elbaf Royalty
Xebec had a Rival who chose not to join Pirate Island
... etc

It seems to me every "Greatest" (Someone with a Throne or Top Rank/Title) have a Rival (Friendly) who Rejected being in Similar Position

So i'm gonna assume that:

Dragon have a Rival who chose not to Join Revos Army
Garling or Imu have a Rival who chose not to Join Holy Knights or Celestial Dragons
God of Elbaf have a Rival who chose not to Join Elbaf Royalty
Xebec had a Rival who chose not to join Pirate Island
... etc
oh yeah
ace rejecting warlord position is also a good example

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳

mihawk rejected the yonko title cause it simply doesnt interest him and it would be a pain to his peace

garp rejected the admiral title cause it would steal his freedom and he would have to serve the celestial dragons

whitebeard rejected going for the onepiece cause he wasnt interested in it

are there any such examples where legends like these could have had something great but chose not to ?
luffy rejected being the leader of the SH grand fleet and they kinda forced him to be

hmm its more on how the onepiece world views them

being a yonko , admiral and getting to the onepiece
all 3 of these are heavily respected in the op verse

sanji becoming the king of germa aint as good as these like u said but its still very good
sabo being a noble can give him a lavish life but that certainly isnt how the theme of onepiece is and what oda wants people to be
Yup those were no where near as good as what were mentioned but i just wanted to point them out

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
What? Only reiju is ahead of him, the other 4 are born on the same day the name is just random thing, neither is older so no one is in the line

only way to have a rightful king is in a free for all, i'll do you a good and throw his all brothers at and sanji will still solo lol
except they clearly are since not only does judge not consider them failures they are also numbered and named by order of birth

Yamato rejected Shogun title and basically becoming kaido's successor, ultimately the next BP captain and yonko.

Dragon will probably have rejected a VA position or something. I don't think he had an admiral offer at this young age but it certainly would've been a step in his hypothetical navy career.

Rayleigh could've stepped in as captain after Roger's death and would be a senior yonko like WB was if he had done so.
Post automatically merged:

This pretty much nails the most obvious ones each with their pendants. Except jimbei all the other ones are conquerors (yes Hawkeye isn't confirmed yet but come on). That makes me wonder if aces pendant is not jimbei but someone else but I can't think of any one.

Last edited: