General & Others OP Manga Sales Declining

People have Rose tainted views of The Pre Timeskip

I remember reading Sanji calling Usopp an idiot for thinking that Luffy died to Crocodile. Then I saw Mr Morj say that The Strawhats reacted worse to Crocodile defeating Luffy than when Kaido did, even though Chopper had a mental breakdown which he didn't do in Alabasta where he and Usopp kept their cool

This proves that a lot of people are speedreaders , Including the Clown Morj himself

Then you have people talking about how the Strawhats struggled more against Pre Timeskip Antagonists when I reread the Manga several times, Pre Timeskip Antagonists were literally defeated just as easily as The Flying Six Lmao, East Blue villains were clowned hard, Enel and Moria's Crews were Looney toon level clowns and you had Wapol and Foxy. Even the CP9 and Baroque Works weren't that threatening especially with the clown tier Key game that a supposed team of professional assassins decided to play

the fact that a lot of users expected Wano to be 90% Hypermasculine Seinen looking Samurai fighting each other proves that a lot of people flatout don't understand One Piece and think it should be like some shitty Frank Miller comic
Nope you are wrong.
In One Piece before timeskip there was danger in the air, while after Wano there is clown air. This never happened before. What I could say? Queen who helped Luffy training? Younko who lose memory this is riddicules shit.
Also talking about flying six, I'm not saying that defeat em is bad, I'm saying that it was written bad. Oda made it beliaveble before timeskip, while right now it's became true shit writening.
How it could be that I call WCI first half as good and not me only, while WCI second half plus Wani overrrall -trash. And I'm sure that others feel same way.

Well… I’m gonna be honest with you here. As someone who does buy merch and volumes, times are fucking hard and I’m not wasting my hard earned cash on the retarded Kinemon plotline, the Flunky 6 or the headache-inducing antics of Yamatrash. Sales should pick up a little bit after 1033 and if Oda continues to deliver on hyped up fights like Sanji vs Queen.
If you're reading it then you should be paying. You can't afford $10 every three months, or you really are that shitty about the entertainment you consume?

2021 Oricon Sales Chart is out and One Piece got sixth place with only 7 million ++ sales which is lower than prior sales.

Lol and it happen during Wano arc, one of the most hype arc ever.

:josad:
That's what Oda got for focusing on Momoron bitching, Otameh stealing precious panels, Kin the flatulent, Meme being Meme, casualty-free war, nearly half of the SHs getting the cold shoulder, half-assing Cook vs Queen, lolnoping Jack & Peros out of the story, and Hokage duels. :lusalty:

Most of the A9 should have died on the rooftoop. Momoron should never have been this important. Kaido should never have been made a simp. Orochi should never have been wasted. Kaido vs A9, King vs Marco, and everything Jack did should never have been offscreened. :few:

One Piece sales have been dropping since the New World began and the reason is obvious to see when reading the manga.

Oda can never deliver what he promises. After Marienford, expectations were soaring, which resulted in a huge sale on Fish Men's Island. In Punk Hazad it is already possible to see how One Piece did not fulfill the expectations of the New World.

It's possible to notice how One Piece sells more at the beginning of new arcs by the hype, but as the story progresses people get disappointed and drop One Piece.

The most notorious case is Whole Cake, which went on to sell 4 million copies per volume and ended up selling half. One Piece lost half of the audience it had at the time, and this is not unexpected as WCI is one of the worst written One Piece arcs.

One Piece sales have been dropping since the New World began and the reason is obvious to see when reading the manga.

Oda can never deliver what he promises. After Marienford, expectations were soaring, which resulted in a huge sale on Fish Men's Island. In Punk Hazad it is already possible to see how One Piece did not fulfill the expectations of the New World.

It's possible to notice how One Piece sells more at the beginning of new arcs by the hype, but as the story progresses people get disappointed and drop One Piece.

The most notorious case is Whole Cake, which went on to sell 4 million copies per volume and ended up selling half. One Piece lost half of the audience it had at the time, and this is not unexpected as WCI is one of the worst written One Piece arcs.

2009-2012/2013 were backdrop sales.
You can go back and see that individual volumes still sold around 3 million in the year they came out (and 500k to a million afterwards) but the backdrop sales catapulted OP to the 20 and 30 million range sale.
The real drop started with 2015 or 2016 where you initially could see a drop of around 500k per volume, which was attributed to new Marineford fans thinking that the entire manga is like MF and thus dropping it.

Lmao I actually starting giving away some of my OP volumes, and will likely sell the rest, let alone buy them again :suresure:

Honestly I feel insulted and retarded if I’m buying a volume that involves a Tama plotline
You got me fucked up. And if you are someone that honestly enjoyed that Tama plotline, that’s hella suspect

If you're reading it then you should be paying. You can't afford $10 every three months, or you really are that shitty about the entertainment you consume?
She has a point, why would someone spend money they worked for on shitty content? It’s not about the money, but about the principle. The Chopper, Tama, Sanji Plotlines were like a slap in the face

people are just getting tired of oda's plotline, like recycable plots, empty statement, LOL since when was the last time someones daughters tries to help them against the enemy , also the WG factions like this cp0 thing who said they will stay idle and let the chips fall where they may, now making move, isnt fujitora did this before? still didn't even bring up the stupid deus ex machina plot like the Tama one , and also people doesnt die no fatality, they just go knock out then goes back in the next chapter.

Honestly, this sanji vs queen and zoro vs king fights are really dope and may improve sales, the problem is that was so much time for this shits to happen, like 100+ chapters to finally have some serious thing is tooooo much. Even storywise wano was trash, not even a single major reveal, just more questions e teasing, it tires.

I'm not even hyped for Luffy vs Kaido for some reason i can't explain why. :kayneshrug:

It was cut short because of the sales Tanking.

It's kind of a shame because Oda clearly had big plans for it but the Japanese really don't want any arc without at least Luffy around
Doubt thats the reason. Reverie lasted only 5 chapters,written weeks before,i doubt they had enough time to verify the sales of those chapters in those weeks. I think the plan was always to give us some hints and hype about the Reverie,then continue that story during the chapters between the Wano acts.