Controversial OPtards need to stop downplaying the demon slayer manga

I think JJK has significantly better fights, characters, and pacing than One Piece.
Post automatically merged:

Demon Slayer, like Attack on Titan before it, is an average manga that got mega popular cause of a stellar anime during the right time.

It's simplistic, to the point and easy to follow. Plenty people are bitchy cause of how popular DS has gotten. Same people complained about MHA and JJK spike.
This screams someone who didn’t get very far into AOT.

team fights in demon slayer shits on one piece's "team fights"
it's embarassing how a woman writes a way better battle manga than a man that who assisted with Rurouni kenshin

team fights in demon slayer shits on one piece's "team fights"
it's embarassing how a woman writes a way better battle manga than a man that who assisted with Rurouni kenshin
Too bad that story wise is a completely mess and that the ending is one of the worse endings ever on par with SNK. Also, did you see that art-style? Dayum.

Dude, almost everything these days is an imitation. They look which stories are popular with audiences and imitate them to write new stuff for the sole purpose of generating money.
No wonder most content is soulless and unoriginal.
Yes, they are just packed with 'cool' looking fights after fights which is enough for many people. Having stellar animation is a big advantage. They will never be as popular as they are now without that godly animation.

B

Ballel

I
Yes, they are just packed with 'cool' looking fights after fights which is enough for many people. Having stellar animation is a big advantage. They will never be as popular as they are now without that godly animation.
I just wish that we could get such good animation for original and interesting stories instead.

D

Deleted member 10278

Did people not read the original post lmao
“The last several hundred chapters” not the entire joint lol. No one would make a case that Demon Slayer is better than One Piece in its entirety but you could compare the last couple of arcs’ quality with Demon Slayer MHA and any other modern title of the like and argue that those titles are better.
But I do agree with some folks that most of the modern Shonen titles that are popping off aren’t as good as advertised, save Chainsaw Man (that series is actually good).

Did people not read the original post lmao
“The last several hundred chapters” not the entire joint lol. No one would make a case that Demon Slayer is better than One Piece in its entirety but you could compare the last couple of arcs’ quality with Demon Slayer MHA and any other modern title of the like and argue that those titles are better.
But I do agree with some folks that most of the modern Shonen titles that are popping off aren’t as good as advertised, save Chainsaw Man (that series is actually good).
The big difference between post skip vs pre skip OP is that pre-skip OP is more of an adventure story whereas post skip OP is a full on battle shonen that tries to be an adventure story and fails at both.

The arcs have no brevity. Whereas a MHA or KNY arc is very short and focused on Deku/Tanjiro's growth, OP arcs can be nearly 100 chapters. Battles simultaneously are the conclusion and focus of post-skip OP while also taking a back seat to other plots.

This leads to issues like Luffy vs kaido, where Oda needs to spam nonsensical power ups in short succession to make Luffy on kaido's level, because for the past 500 chapters, he rather focus on stupid irrelevant characters like Kyros and Rebecca.