Questions & Mysteries Oukotsu vs Kanmei - More than meets the eyes?

What happened?

• Kanmei 1-shot Brrrrrrrtttt

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • More than meets the eyes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One of the events that I find to be mysterious in KINGDOM is the event taking place many years before the main story, Oukotsu of the Qin 6 vs Kanmei of Chu.

The known information we have of this event is that a young Kanmei was able to beat Oukotsu of the Qin 6. Not just beat him, but 1-shot him. This being the sole panel we have of that event, and all from Kanmei's Pov.

In the panel above we see Kanmei using his sword to slash down Oukotsu who misses his Axe swing. This is the same Oukotsu who has been stated to be the strongest physically out of the Qin 6, much like Moubu is out of the current era. So we essentially can consider him to be the Moubu of the previous era, if tryna do parrallels or w.e. But still, there are few things that bother me about this issue.

1st. Kanmei being able to 1-shot him just doesn't make any sense, unless Oukotsu was Shoumou level at best.
2nd. Kanmei's 1-shot was done by a weapon he uses when not going full power, his sword. His full power weapon is the mace.
3rd. As a Qin 6, Oukotsu would have weight of a general and all that other good shit as well to amplify his martial prowess.

For comparison, Houken wasn't able to 1-shot a tired out exhausted Duke, this is while Houken used his main weapon the glaive.

So I believe there's a larger context that is missing in this situation, which is why we only see the panel of the slash from Kanmei... rather than a full scene of the fight. Unlike the situation with Kyou-Houken where we do get the full scene and we see that Houken used the "step on the foot" to gain advantage over Kyou in order to kill her. Or Ouki 1-shotting Houken, we see the entire sequence.

What could that context be?
- Distracted during the clash
- Wasn't fully healthy from the start due to various reasons
- The slash was him getting caught off-guard

Thus, I would like to know what y'all think. Did he truly get 1-shot by a weaker Kanmei not going all out? Is there more to the scenario? If there is, what could it be?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
babe wake up, new Xione thread dropped!

My interpretation is that Kouen employed some sort of strategy/tactic that had two objectives and both were accomplished.

1. Distract Oukotsu and put his army into a horrible position.

2. Get Kanmei close enough to deal with the distracted Oukotsu without taking noticable damage beforehand. Oukotsu's troops were probably quite powerful if we look at Moubu's and Kanmei's as reference.

Still an amazing performance from Kanmei and an underwhelming performance from Oukotsu, but if Oukotsu had focused on him solely, it would have been high diff imo.

- Wasn't fully healthy from the start due to various reasons
Neither Oukotsu or Kanmei seem to possess any wounds or blood in that picture(ignoring Oukotsu getting slashed for obvious reasons). However.... I do think it's possible that Oukotsu had already fought for several days against the Chu army and was exhausted beforehand and was unprepared to fight a warrior of Kanmei's caliber. Maybe Kanmei avoided fighting before that point, and Oukotsu was surprised when such a powerful fighter took the stage so late into the battle(i'm picturing 3-4 days of warfare)

I saw an interesting theory a while back that just like how Kanmei was defeated by Shouheikun's tactics and Moubu's martial power, Oukotsu lost to Kouen's tactics and Kanmei's power.

I don't think there is a mystery to this
I think it's as Kanmei said, Oukotsu wasn't injured or tired either.
He probably underestimated Kanmei and didn't fully commit to the fight, got severly injured and retreated
In a rematch he'll do much better but still lose

Last edited: