Chapter Discussion Overall which Celestial Punch is Better? Kuma’s or Luffy’s?

The Better Punch?

• Total voters
PG’s Thoughts:I think we have 2 Iconic double page spreads here but I will say, Things people should factor in, Writing, Execution, Art, IMPACT, Story etc. When you factor all of these things which is Better?

Still Luffy’s for me because of the context.
It was the first time seeing the Celestial Dragons in all their deplorable-ness, and the stakes were high because the consequences would be beyond what the Strawhats could handle.

It also set Luffy apart from the Supernova in the auction hall who doubted if he would seriously do it.
Also with the build up with zolo and bonney scene

I give it to Kuma's punch since it has so much personal weight and more buildup behind it

But Luffy's punch was really awesome and inspired Kuma to begin with, so you gotta hand it to him

I give it to Kuma's punch since it has so much personal weight and more buildup behind it

But Luffy's punch was really awesome and inspired Kuma to begin with, so you gotta hand it to him
LOL as if he needs much inspiration after what was done to him
He saw really bad stuff before Luffy was born

I'm going with Luffy's punch. Kuma's was great too, but Luffy's felt more like a character and story defining moment. It also happened at a time when we were first learning about the Celestials so it came off as more of a shocking moment considering the context. Kuma's attack was kind of expected the moment he arrived at Egghead to protect Bonney, but still epic in its own way.

Luffy's anger for Charloss shooting a friend of his vs Kuma's rage for Saturn sabotaging his whole life and trying to sabotage his daughter's for years.
Luffy nonchanantly walked up to punch Charloss, who at the end of the day is a pathetic weakling. Kuma saved his daughter, serving as a shield as he did his whole life, and punched Saturn right in the face while he was in his Awakened form (Kuma wasn't even supposed to be sentient and alive at this point, Saturn triggered his self-destruction switch).
Oda's style became clearly dirtier during the years, so Luffy's hit is more clean without a doubt, but Kuma's panel properly conveys the pure rage of a man who lived his entire life suffering because of the system his enemy rapresents and enforces.
Again, Kuma's is more brutal.
Again, Kuma's comes from a totally different level of retribution. Luffy was doing a noble act but Hacchi was his friend from, like, a day (?).

Kuma wins on all fronts.
You can say Luffy if you feel nostalgic tho.