Fanclub Paleo Posting.

Since this forum is dead from a severe lack of One Piece, I thought now would be the perfect time to talk about dead things in general. :risicheck:

Chiefly, the gloriously wide variety of extinct creatures that once roamed this most bountiful planet. :brootea:

So to distract us from the pain of None Piece and the agony of threads such as "Does Doffy want to drop the soap so he can get dressed down in Impel Down?" then I welcome you to Paleo Posting, a place to get rock hard for bones. :datas:

Anyway, the main idea I have to start this thread off is to share some of my favourite Paleo YouTube channels as these channels are run by paleo enthusiasts that are an excellent source of free information because my goodness, are good paleontology books both difficult to find and generally expensive.

The first channel I am going to shamelessly promote is The Paleo Professor.
Previously going by the name of Pangaea Productions, The Paleo Professor is quite a newly established channel on the YouTube block but is no less talented than the more established channels, which if this thread gets some interest and doesn't become as dead as this forum has been throughout this month long break, I will be happy to tell any inquisitive folk about these other channels. :catpole:

The Paleo Professor has created videos covering specific groups of extinct creatures such as the genera of Ophthalmosaurus, Estommenosuchus and Postosuchus as well as the clade Dicynodontia.

Here is his Postosuchus video for an example of this type of video.
11 minute video.

However, the series that convinced me to subscribe to his channel was his series on the evolution of early Synapsids and Therapsids, covering the rise and fall of the precursors of the mammals that ruled the Earth during the Permian period, before the rise of the Dinosaurs.
9 minute video.
11 minute video.
12 minute video.
14 minute video.

In addition to the quality paleo content, Paleo Professor's top notch editing, pleasant background music (reminds me of Mass Effect 1) and good narration make for a surely entertaining viewing experience because trust me, these different channels can have widely varying quality of narration. :catsweat:

Besides YouTube content, feel free to talk about paleo content be it documentaries or fictitious shows (within reason, like Jurassic Park or 65, not Kung Fu Dino Posse. I still want dinosaurs and stuff to be animals, not talking anthropomorphs).

Tagging.... Ah smeg, who's even going to be interested in this? Time to throw some shots in the dark I guess. :araboss:

Random tags:
@Warchief Sanji D Goat @JoNdule @Admiral Maynard @The White Crane @FutureWarrior123 @God Buggy @Elder Lee Hung @Blackbeard @SakazOuki @NikaInParis @ZenZu @Sentinel @Satoru Gojo @Yo Tan Wa @SmokedOut

and last but certainly not least @Saint Ethanbaron V TokOO Slugma cause if I get him to like my post then with his name, it looks like four different people liked my post. :smart:

Since this forum is dead from a severe lack of One Piece, I thought now would be the perfect time to talk about dead things in general. :risicheck:

Chiefly, the gloriously wide variety of extinct creatures that once roamed this most bountiful planet. :brootea:

So to distract us from the pain of None Piece and the agony of threads such as "Does Doffy want to drop the soap so he can get dressed down in Impel Down?" then I welcome you to Paleo Posting, a place to get rock hard for bones. :datas:

Anyway, the main idea I have to start this thread off is to share some of my favourite Paleo YouTube channels as these channels are run by paleo enthusiasts that are an excellent source of free information because my goodness, are good paleontology books both difficult to find and generally expensive.

Previously going by the name of Pangaea Productions, The Paleo Professor is quite a newly established channel on the YouTube block but is no less talented than the more established channels, which if this thread gets some interest and doesn't become as dead as this forum has been throughout this month long break, I will be happy to tell any inquisitive folk about these other channels. :catpole:

The Paleo Professor has created videos covering specific groups of extinct creatures such as the genera of Ophthalmosaurus, Estommenosuchus and Postosuchus as well as the clade Dicynodontia.

11 minute video.

However, the series that convinced me to subscribe to his channel was his series on the evolution of early Synapsids and Therapsids, covering the rise and fall of the precursors of the mammals that ruled the Earth during the Permian period, before the rise of the Dinosaurs.
9 minute video.
11 minute video.
12 minute video.
14 minute video.

In addition to the quality paleo content, Paleo Professor's top notch editing, pleasant background music (reminds me of Mass Effect 1) and good narration make for a surely entertaining viewing experience because trust me, these different channels can have widely varying quality of narration. :catsweat:

Besides YouTube content, feel free to talk about paleo content be it documentaries or fictitious shows (within reason, like Jurassic Park or 65, not Kung Fu Dino Posse. I still want dinosaurs and stuff to be animals, not talking anthropomorphs).

Tagging.... Ah smeg, who's even going to be interested in this? Time to throw some shots in the dark I guess. :araboss:

Random tags:
@Warchief Sanji D Goat @JoNdule @Admiral Maynard @The White Crane @FutureWarrior123 @God Buggy @Elder Lee Hung @Blackbeard @SakazOuki @NikaInParis @ZenZu @Sentinel @Satoru Gojo @Yo Tan Wa @SmokedOut

and last but certainly not least @Saint Ethanbaron V TokOO Slugma cause if I get him to like my post then with his name, it looks like four different people liked my post. :smart:
None Piece is peak fiction, just like Paleo. :smoothy:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Never saw this channel before, but I'll give it a watch. Is he an enthusiast or does he work in the field?

And if we're sharing, then I've got a few too.

https://www.youtube.com/@commondescent6426/videos

^^^ Two paleontologists who run a podcast and spend most of their time split between covering recent news & the topic in question. The first 30 episodes are a little rough, but they get real good at 45~ onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/@skeletoncrew8122

^^^ Five paleontologists who mostly break down the appearances of dinosaurs in the game, Jurassic Park Evolution 2. Though they go on wild tangents. They're newer than the first link, but their recent videos has them getting more confident in themselves, making for a better watch.

11 minute video.

9 minute video.
11 minute video.
12 minute video.
14 minute video.

Random tags:

AL is going to merge this with the politics thread and you know it, there's no topic more political than this topic and due to lack of a religion thread this merging event is inevitable.

Also:
I love this word.

11 minute video.

9 minute video.
11 minute video.
12 minute video.
14 minute video.

Random tags:

WE TALKIN ABOUT DINOSAURS???:steef:

AL is going to merge this with the politics thread and you know it, there's no topic more political than this topic and due to lack of a religion thread this merging event is inevitable.
I doubt that, it probably won't, evolution gets the thumbs up from the likes of the Pope anyway, this is a Fanclub and not a thread, the Muslim Fanclub is still independent from the political thread and talking about dead animals is surely no more political than talking about alive ones. :myman:

Now stop talking nonsensical politics and start talking about dead animals dang nabbit. Lol.
WE TALKIN ABOUT DINOSAURS???:steef:
Long answer: Dinosaurs and other extinct creatures.

Short answer: Hell yeah. :araboss:

I don’t like the megalodon

It just reminds me of those shitty shark movies.
Post automatically merged:

Like have y’all seen the trailer for The Meg 2? Where a megalodon teleports out of nowhere and kills a T-Rex, despite megalodon living millions of years after the dinosaurs.

I doubt that, it probably won't, evolution gets the thumbs up from the likes of the Pope anyway, this is a Fanclub and not a thread, the Muslim Fanclub is still independent from the political thread and talking about dead animals is surely no more political than talking about alive ones. :myman:

Now stop talking nonsensical politics and start talking about dead animals dang nabbit. Lol.

Long answer: Dinosaurs and other extinct creatures.

Short answer: Hell yeah. :araboss:
The dodo is extinct. Let's talk about the dodo.

The dodo is extinct. Let's talk about the dodo.
Indeed. The Dodo is perhaps the most iconic creature that embodies multiple evolutionary trends in a single cute critter. :myman:

Such trends include:
I) Birds trending towards flightlessness when inhabiting an island with less competition than mainland habitats.

II) Birds occupying ecological niches that are usually occupied by other creatures such as mammals.

III) Insular/Island Gigantism, an evolutionary trend where creatures that are typically smaller in mainland habitats are freed from those ecological constraints and can grow into much larger forms.

Islands typically harbour the most bizarre array of creatures and are microcosms for observing the ways in which life can quickly adapt to new and peculiar settings.

Which neatly brings me over to another Paleo YouTuber that I am quite fond of, good ol' Paleo Analysis. :finally:

Much like other paleo YouTubers, Paleo Analysis covers various extinct genera and species such as his videos on the big cat lineage Homotherium and the giant carnivorous armadillo, Macroeuphractus.
14 minute video.

He has two iconic series on his channel which I follow him for.

First is his series "Lost Worlds", in which he covers those wonderful island ecosystems I mentioned before. So far he has fully covered:

I) New Caledonia, a unique island habitat that is unusual amongst islands for being a sliver of an ancient landmass instead of being a newly created landmass. What this means is that New Caledonia is a refuge for basal lineages of plant that lived throughout the time of the dinosaur and have since gone extinct everywhere else. A true botanist's paradise. :feelsokeman:
23 minute video.

II) Hateg Island, a now long gone Late Cretaceous island that hosted miniature dinosaurs which had undergone Insular/Island Dwarfism. Sauropods the size of cows, Iguanodonts the size of sheep, Ankylosaurs the size of pigs and the apex predator of the island was a giant pterosaur. A world truly lost to time. :catsweat:
15 minute video.

Paleo Analysis's other flagship series "The Complete History of the Earth", follows the timeline of Earth's past, starting from the Hadean Eon and working up towards the present day. He has completed the Paleozoic Era (rise of life and before dinosaurs) and will be starting the Mesozoic Era (basically the dinosaur era) soon.

Here is one of those videos covering the earliest Period of the Paleozoic Era, the Cambrian Period.
16 minute video.
As well as another covering the worst mass extinction event of all time, the Great Dying. An event where over 90% of life on Earth was wiped out.
19 minute video.

Be warned that Paleo Analysis has a bit of a weird sense of humour involving a gimmick character called "Tim" but it is easy enough to ignore.

Experimental tag list (let me know if you want off of it).

Tagging:
@GrandmasterChef Zonji @Admiral Maynard @Monkey D Theories @TheInvincibleKatakuri @God Buggy @Blackbeard @SakazOuki @NikaInParis @RayanOO @Saint Ethanbaron V TokOO Slugma @Kurozumi Bepo @ConquistadoR @Yo Tan Wa @FutureWarrior123 @SmokedOut @Mr. Reloaded @Warchief Sanji D Goat

Indeed. The Dodo is perhaps the most iconic creature that embodies multiple evolutionary trends in a single cute critter. :myman:

Such trends include:
I) Birds trending towards flightlessness when inhabiting an island with less competition than mainland habitats.

II) Birds occupying ecological niches that are usually occupied by other creatures such as mammals.

III) Insular/Island Gigantism, an evolutionary trend where creatures that are typically smaller in mainland habitats are freed from those ecological constraints and can grow into much larger forms.

Islands typically harbour the most bizarre array of creatures and are microcosms for observing the ways in which life can quickly adapt to new and peculiar settings.

Which neatly brings me over to another Paleo YouTuber that I am quite fond of, good ol' Paleo Analysis. :finally:

Much like other paleo YouTubers, Paleo Analysis covers various extinct genera and species such as his videos on the big cat lineage Homotherium and the giant carnivorous armadillo, Macroeuphractus.
14 minute video.

He has two iconic series on his channel which I follow him for.

First is his series "Lost Worlds", in which he covers those wonderful island ecosystems I mentioned before. So far he has fully covered:

I) New Caledonia, a unique island habitat that is unusual amongst islands for being a sliver of an ancient landmass instead of being a newly created landmass. What this means is that New Caledonia is a refuge for basal lineages of plant that lived throughout the time of the dinosaur and have since gone extinct everywhere else. A true botanist's paradise. :feelsokeman:
23 minute video.

II) Hateg Island, a now long gone Late Cretaceous island that hosted miniature dinosaurs which had undergone Insular/Island Dwarfism. Sauropods the size of cows, Iguanodonts the size of sheep, Ankylosaurs the size of pigs and the apex predator of the island was a giant pterosaur. A world truly lost to time. :catsweat:
15 minute video.

Paleo Analysis's other flagship series "The Complete History of the Earth", follows the timeline of Earth's past, starting from the Hadean Eon and working up towards the present day. He has completed the Paleozoic Era (rise of life and before dinosaurs) and will be starting the Mesozoic Era (basically the dinosaur era) soon.

Here is one of those videos covering the earliest Period of the Paleozoic Era, the Cambrian Period.
16 minute video.
As well as another covering the worst mass extinction event of all time, the Great Dying. An event where over 90% of life on Earth was wiped out.
19 minute video.

Be warned that Paleo Analysis has a bit of a weird sense of humour involving a gimmick character called "Tim" but it is easy enough to ignore.

Experimental tag list (let me know if you want off of it).

Tagging:
@GrandmasterChef Zonji @Admiral Maynard @Monkey D Theories @TheInvincibleKatakuri @God Buggy @Blackbeard @SakazOuki @NikaInParis @RayanOO @Saint Ethanbaron V TokOO Slugma @Kurozumi Bepo @ConquistadoR @Yo Tan Wa @FutureWarrior123 @SmokedOut @Mr. Reloaded @Warchief Sanji D Goat
I think I'm moving to New Caledonia.
And also keep nerding! :kata:
The break week will be over in no time :catsweat:

I think I'm moving to New Caledonia.
Indeed, New Caledonia is a truly wonderous place. A roughly 80 million year old natural time capsule that became a great ark for many an ancient lineage.

It is also where reptilian pet favourites such as the Crested Gecko and the New Caledonian Giant Gecko come from.
That is a large lad. :catsweat:
And also keep nerding! :kata:
The break week will be over in no time :catsweat:
Aye aye. :madmonk:

Anyway, folk ain't got to worry too much about me shamelessly promoting YouTubers on this thread forever. I only have three more that I really want to give a shout out to. Lol.

Great thread Owl bro.:steef:

I happens to be a dinosaurs enthusiast.:araboss:It's mostly comes from my gameplay of Ark Survival Evolved which is a dinosaur survival game.

My favorite dinos are Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Velociraptor, Carcharodontosaurus, basically most predators in general.

As for favorite herbivore dinosaurs, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Triceratops.