Character Discussion Performance of the SHC (Egghead)

Who had the best performance?

• Total voters

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Performance of the SHC in Egghead:

Luffy - great as always

Zoro - did his job as the first mate, great performance

Sanji - had some great moments, good job (his only L is Vegapunk's death but it was against Kizaru so come on)

Jinbe - didn’t have a fight but I loved his interactions with Zoro. Did everything right

Franky: has some great moments alongside Sanji. He’s underrated and deserves more recognition

Robin: great character arc for her.

Nami: had some good moments and led the Robin Protection Squad

Brook: nothing special. Had his little moment with the Sunny but was a background character. He fell down since WCI which is sad
He’s more like a support character now :(

Chopper: I don’t remember anything special. He was nonexistent in this arc. He had fun in the beginning of the arc though

Usopp: is like a dead character since Dressrosa. More tears than action

Share your opinion and who was the best?
I excluded Luffy from the poll because it would be unfair.
I agree with this for the most part. But I'd say Franky was lowkey MVP even on par with Luffy at points.

Zoro was fine
Sanji was mostly fine
Franky was amazing
Jinbei was whatever
Goofy was abysmal relative to Wano, also cringe
Rest didn’t do shit or were off-sided so badly

Imo Sanji met expectations on most aspects, he showed the expected leadership skills, the most known of his character traits and was constantly involved in important events against the strongest villains of the arc, often saving people and giving the audience a glimpse of what he can do and how far he can go strengthwise in the future.

By far the letdown involving Sanji was post 1107, Oda made everyone think Luffy and Sanji would fight Kizaru onscreen, then what we get in 1108 feels completely different, almost like some stuff got offscreened, Kizaru just vanished for whatever reason, Saturn moved from his previous spot. A huge letdown from Oda here.

Franky exceeded the most expectations by far because most believed he would be sidelined but he one shotted a Vice Admiral and apparently used CoA for the first time, was constantly involved in battles against strong foes. Things looking promissing for Franky.
(although some people pointed out he would get more focus this arc cuz of science stuff and he did, which is good)

Luffy was ok but i don't think he exceeded expectations, he obviously has the best perfomance strengthwise, as he should, but i would say he showed his limitations quite considerably in this arc, as a Younko, like when he was completely worned out like never before against Kizaru and at being constantly overwhelmed by some of the Gorosei and realizing he needs quite a lot of outside help against them (Hello Mars). Gear 5 is still annoying as hell, unreasonably goofy, tension killer who makes Luffy go from a cool looking idiot who sometimes looks super goofy into a complete clown.

Zoro didn't met all the expectations i guess, mainly due to the waste of time with Lucci, which was nonsense because so far we didn't got an explanation for that, and despite showing he can definitely beat up Lucci for good, not having him laying down on the ground at the end like Zoro always does feels odd for Zoro's standards. At least he got a cool clash with Nusjuro, as most people would expect since duh they are swordsmen.

Jinbe's role was getting bossed around by Nami then by Sanji while working as Zoro's taxi so idk. Definitely didn't met the expectations i guess, but i don't see that much of a problem here.

The rest didn't do nothing that much impressive to be mentioned, although Nami is always involved to help the M3 at leading and she also showed an impressive feat with Zeus, based on her own standards for overall strength, of course.
:shocked:
That would have been cool. Strawhats vs admiral. But I didn't care it didn't happen.

Luffy didn't meet expectations tbh, he should've performed much better. Beating an admiral shouldn't be a thing at this point. Also he failed his promise to Axe guy and as captain too (giants made their escape feasible). Also I thought we ain't running anymore.
Zoro didn't meet expecations either. Diffuse talk with Lilith at the start which Oda simply forgot. He humiliated Kaku which was fine, he humiliated Lucci (along with Luffy) which shows the disproportionate growth of Luffy-Zoro and Lucci-Kaku. Humiliated S Hawk. A lot of offscreen. One a brief clash with Venus with zero in and output. No contact to Kizaru, which could have been a thing after saboady.
Sanji behaved like an idiot, starting with underestimating Lilith/ laughing about zoro protecting the ship. Dog things. Bad reaction time against Lucci. Eye diff. Laser block was nice. After that rather muh.
Franky the gigachad. I don't have to say more.
Brook, very sad how he gets treated after his crucial role in WCI.
Jimbei was a taxi - did he do anything else really?
Nami and Usop: useless crying as usual
Who was Robin again?

Overall meh performance for the strawhats.