Anime Discussion Pokémon Horizons: The Series

Is Cap a based Pikachu?

• Total voters

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Good to know that... Heard the new Pikachu in the series is powerful as well... I wonder how would the new Pikachu fare against Ash's (the version in the last episode they were in) in a battle... By the way, is the series' universe and time continuity the same as Ash's?
The Pikachu is strong, but I'd say the others are at that level too.

It is currently not known whether this is an AU or the same universe, but the current headcanon is that it is the same. There is a small evidence of it, being that it also has Pokemon Nurse Joy. Looking at it this series will have still a long way to go, so maybe they save the real references or cameos for later down the line. Fans want that Ash cameo and it can easily happen at any moment in the story.

The Pikachu is strong, but I'd say the others are at that level too.

It is currently not known whether this is an AU or the same universe, but the current headcanon is that it is the same. There is a small evidence of it, being that it also has Pokemon Nurse Joy. Looking at it this series will have still a long way to go, so maybe they save the real references or cameos for later down the line. Fans want that Ash cameo and it can easily happen at any moment in the story.
Apologies but I'm not really sure how to interpret your comment regarding the new Pikachu... Are you saying that the new Pikachu is as powerful as some other trainers in the series, but is below Ash's Pikachu's level?

If it's the same universe then how would Ash cameo be incorporated? Because from the looks of the new series, it's different from Ash's series in a sense that HZ is focused less on hardcore official battles but more focused on a storyline...

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Apologies but I'm not really sure how to interpret your comment regarding the new Pikachu... Are you saying that the new Pikachu is as powerful as some other trainers in the series, but is below Ash's Pikachu's level?

If it's the same universe then how would Ash cameo be incorporated? Because from the looks of the new series, it's different from Ash's series in a sense that HZ is focused less on hardcore official battles but more focused on a storyline...
Hard to say if it is stronger than the OG Pikachu, I haven't watched journeys after halfway through xd
But Friede also has a Charizard and I feel like his Charizard is stronger than his Pikachu, but his Pikachu seems to be more social.
And Amethio seems to be on par with Friede and Charizard. Captain Pikachu is certainly getting his ass whooped in some fights lol, noone seems to be invincible in this series.

As for the Ash Cameo, it is possible that this plays a few years or a decade after Ash's story. So he could appear at any time as some kind of influencer or just as background character for the memes. Probably grown up and slightly changed design. I feel there are many ways to do so, varying from full on background cameo, to flashback, to grown-up advicegiving character.

Hard to say if it is stronger than the OG Pikachu, I haven't watched journeys after halfway through xd
Captain Pikachu isn't stronger than Ash's Pikachu, Ash defeated 3 Champions in Pokmeon Journey one of them being Cynthia, and Ash's Pikachu also defeated Leon's Charizard.

As for the Ash Cameo, it is possible that this plays a few years or a decade after Ash's story. So he could appear at any time as some kind of influencer or just as background character for the memes. Probably grown up and slightly changed design. I feel there are many ways to do so, varying from full on background cameo, to flashback, to grown-up advicegiving character.
Ash will most likely just make a special guest appearance in a future episode similar to how sometimes Brock or Misty had made special guest appearances, and I highly doubt they are going to age up Ash, they are probably going to keep him the same age like always.

Last edited:
But Friede also has a Charizard and I feel like his Charizard is stronger than his Pikachu, but his Pikachu seems to be more social.
And Amethio seems to be on par with Friede and Charizard. Captain Pikachu is certainly getting his ass whooped in some fights lol, noone seems to be invincible in this series.
Now that's interesting... Since you mentioned Friede (I assume he's the new Pikachu trainer) has Charizard, is he on par with Leon's Charizard?

Who and how is the most powerful trainer in the HZ series?

Captain Pikachu isn't stronger than Ash's Pikachu, Ash defeated 3 Champions in Pokmeon Journey one of them being Cynthia, and Ash's Pikachu also defeated Leon's Charizard.
Technically, he defeated like 5 over the course of the series (Iris, Wallace, Steven, Cynthia, Leon), depending on how you treat the former 2... Captain Pikachu is the new Pikachu I assume, so how is this Pikachu not stronger than Ash's because of beating Leon's Charizard? No trainer in HZ series is on par with Leon?

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Now that's interesting... Since you mentioned Friede (I assume he's the new Pikachu trainer) has Charizard, is he on par with Leon's Charizard?

Can Leon terrestallize?

I'd assume those that showed terrestallization are the strongest in Horizons. Maybe Friede and Amethio on screen, strength also comes from teaming up with your nemesis in order to fend off a legendary pokemon.

But it is obvious that the bloodline from Lucius will be the strongest trainers. There is also the big boss of the Explorers.
Post automatically merged:

actually...Liko's grandmom is also a candidate

Last edited:

Technically, he defeated like 5 over the course of the series (Iris, Wallace, Steven, Cynthia, Leon), depending on how you treat the former 2... Captain Pikachu is the new Pikachu I assume, so how is this Pikachu not stronger than Ash's because of beating Leon's Charizard? No trainer in HZ series is on par with Leon?
Yeah no right now I highly doubt Friede's Charizard on par with Leon's and for now no I don't think his Pikachu is anywhere near the same level as Ash's, we need to remember that Leon wasn't just the Champion but during Pokemon Journey he was also considered the strongest trainer in the world.

And now that Ash has defeated Leon, he is now the strongest trainer in the world.

Friede is a strong trainer and both his Charizard and Pikachu are strong but right now it's too early to say that they are on the same level or even stronger than Leon or Ash, heck right now Friede doesn't even seem to have any other Pokemon so far.

As for who is the most powerful trainer in HZ? So far we don't know but if I had to guess, it's probably either Geeta or Gibeon.

I'm not counting Lucius who is dead.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Yeah no right now I highly doubt Friede's Charizard on par with Leon's and for now no I don't think his Pikachu is anywhere near the same level as Ash's, we need to remember that Leon wasn't just the Champion but during Pokemon Journey he was also considered the strongest trainer in the world.

And now that Ash has defeated Leon, he is now the strongest trainer in the world.

Friede is a strong trainer and both his Charizard and Pikachu are strong but right now it's too early to say that they are on the same level or even stronger than Leon or Ash, heck right now Friede doesn't even seem to have any other Pokemon so far.

As for who is the most powerful trainer in HZ? So far we don't know but if I had to guess, it's probably either Geeta or Gibeon.

I'm not counting Lucius who is dead.
did Geeta appear in the series? :beckmoji: isn't that a preview character?

did Geeta appear in the series? :beckmoji: isn't that a preview character?
She is going to appear in the next episode, whether you like Geeta or not, it's obvious that as the Champion of Paldea, she is most likely going to be the strongest trainer so far in HZ.

The only character I could maybe see being stronger than her is Gibeon.

Finally! New arc, new opening, and new ending for Pokemon Horizons.:finally:

This new arc is probably going to be really good, we got to see a few of the school staff members, as well as the Champion and Elite Four.

It also looks like Ann will be getting a bit more focus in this new arc.

And when it comes to the Explorers, it seems like Sango, Sidian, and Chalce are going to get more focus in this new arc as well.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I also watched the episode We back baby!

This was peak, I love the new OP and ED and I will for sure also miss the old ED.
This series is slowly becomming like One Piece with an ever extending cast and everyone plays a role or has something going on. Love this lol.

Also that ending scene with Friede was pretty crazy, what is he up to?

:endthis:

Friede is the Shanks of the story, he is quite on a mission.

Also after 45 episodes finally Anne is reunited with Liko. New best girl candidate for sure.
:moonwalk:

There is a huge theory in japan that says Anne is related to the Explorers and possibly the daughter or granddaughter of the big chief there.
Would be great if she becomes some sort of rival to Liko in this arc. :kuzanshut:

Yeah Pokemon is back and it is more peak than ever :funky::funky::kata::kata: