Who's winning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for hosting! It was a lot of fun to play! And Gen 1 OU… isn’t that just Taurus Starmie and Dragonite lmao

Gen 1 OU is dominated by Tauros, Snorlax, Chansey and Starmie, then there's Exeggutor, Alakazam, Zapdos, Rhydon & Gengar as other staples.

Then there's Cloyster, Jynx, Jolteon & Slowbro as like mid mons and Victreebel + Dragonite as dangerous wrap abusers who lack consistency tho.

At least its a million times better meta that actually values consistency and skill (as seen with the same guys on Smogon and so on dominating for years) than whatever this Natdex nonsense with some random Ubers suddenly allowed mid tour was (never took Natdex seriously in general in my time on Smogon tournaments).

Emil

Certified Memelord

End post:​

Firstly I gotta apologize for the shoddyness of the way this tourney was run, yes this was my first time ever hosting and it showed lmao.
This tourney was definitely a learning experience for me, and now I've got a general idea of what to do and what not to do.
I want to thank everyone for their patience, and apologize to anyone who was annoyed by how things were run.​

I allowed the some of the obviously broken Pokemon to mostly spice up the game and in hopes of giving the less experienced players a fighting chance. But alas only the more experienced competitors took advantage of this.

Final thoughts:
Overall I was quite happy with how things turned out! Disappointed at the amount of people who spammed legendaries on their team with no real rhyme or reasoning, but everyone had fun! That's what counts.
Was also quite surprised at the variety of Pokemon used, I expected most people to bring cookie cutter OU Pokemon on every team. And while yes while there were a lot Gliscor's and Darkrai's, there was a ton of uniqueness in the midst. Special shout-outs to @Sir Yasheen and @Naomi for not just going against "cookie cutter" but doing it while also bringing serious teams.
Next tourney will just be ranbats (easier to manage) but in the future I'm hoping to host a Gen 1 OU tourney should be great.

Thank you everyone for playing!
congrats champion! @Sir Yasheen

thanks for the game and congrats to the winner!

next time i'll use more than 2% of my full power

@Sir Yasheen's team has balance, tanks in defense and spe def, Weavile for Speed, Rillaboom with his priority grass slide on grassy terran and a special attacking menace under boosted sun.
I haven't seen much of this thread but that team is great and it showed when he won. Great job!!

I hope next time I don't get bullied by my seniors and get to play 😭

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!

Firstly I gotta apologize for the shoddyness of the way this tourney was run, yes this was my first time ever hosting and it showed lmao.
This tourney was definitely a learning experience for me, and now I've got a general idea of what to do and what not to do.
I want to thank everyone for their patience, and apologize to anyone who was annoyed by how things were run.​

I allowed the some of the obviously broken Pokemon to mostly spice up the game and in hopes of giving the less experienced players a fighting chance. But alas only the more experienced competitors took advantage of this.

Final thoughts:
Overall I was quite happy with how things turned out! Disappointed at the amount of people who spammed legendaries on their team with no real rhyme or reasoning, but everyone had fun! That's what counts.
Was also quite surprised at the variety of Pokemon used, I expected most people to bring cookie cutter OU Pokemon on every team. And while yes while there were a lot Gliscor's and Darkrai's, there was a ton of uniqueness in the midst. Special shout-outs to @Sir Yasheen and @Naomi for not just going against "cookie cutter" but doing it while also bringing serious teams.
Next tourney will just be ranbats (easier to manage) but in the future I'm hoping to host a Gen 1 OU tourney should be great.

you implying that my team wasn't serious?
:okay:

Final thoughts:

Big Thank you for Hosting the Event ,imo it went really smooth :pepemwai:

These are some fun activities to do here on the Forum aside from waging War on some Mangas ,and i hope we get more of this in future :finally:

Congrats to @Sir Yasheen for winning the tournament :holdw:

sadly you haven‘t faced me ,we all know how this would have ended

Maybe next time :pepebusi: