Character Discussion Poll: How much character growth has Luffy shown during Post TimeSkip

How much character growth has Luffy shown post timeskip

• Total voters
I don't think Luffy is supposed to change per say. I think he is written more like a folk hero who is supposed to inspire others (meaning both reader and characters).

As I read the story I noticed that the world of OP becomes more complex, but Luffy's core character is supposed to be someone who isn't negatively influenced by external forces. He's always going to bounce back.

Is this the type of answer that you're looking for @bennbeckman

Uh, oh, you're not one of those "Zoro has no character hurr durr!" reader, are you? :seriously:
I am just saying if luffy had no character growth then no straw hat has had any character growth
Because some people have forgotten when luffy risked his life to bring back sanji, save his crew by fighting katakuri

Luffy hasn't had any character growth I thought after Aces death he'd learn not to leap into battle against top tiers until he himself can't see the differences with his CoO but alas here we are Luffy is the same not much has changed.

Kaido literally almost no-shotted 50% of the crew when Luffy arrived all he could do is stand there with his hands out.

Really though the only Strawhats who've gone through character progression is :
* Robin
* Sanji
* Usopp (a little)

I am just saying if luffy had no character growth then no straw hat has had any character growth
Because some people have forgotten when luffy risked his life to bring back sanji, save his crew by fighting katakuri
Luffy always does that every arc lol Luffy hasn't improved as a character he's literally the same jumping into danger thinking of the consequences later.

I don't think Luffy is supposed to change per say. I think he is written more like a folk hero who is supposed to inspire others (meaning both reader and characters).

As I read the story I noticed that the world of OP becomes more complex, but Luffy's core character is supposed to be someone who isn't negatively influenced by external forces. He's always going to bounce back.

Is this the type of answer that you're looking for @bennbeckman
Any answer on here is fine. Im here to promote the discussion from the arguments I had on spoiler page.

My personal thoughts is I wanted to see some personality changes and him grow as a character throughout each arc, I have personally felt he still acts like the same immature person arc to arc

I gave the entrance into Wano as the perfect example. Everyone is low key trying to round up samarai, etc for weeks, with the excpetion of Zoro's one incident, then in a matter of 2 hours Luffy causes a commotion.
Post automatically merged:

Consequences that conveniently never came to bite his ass, at that.
This 100 percent