Character Discussion POLL: Is King a True Swordsman

Is King a Legit Swordsman

• Total voters
Is King a swordsman? Yes, he is.

What determines if a fighter is a swordsman is if their fighting style revolves around swordsmanship and if they're the strongest when they're using a sword.

The character doesn't have to say they are a swordsman for them to be a swordsman. Being a swordsman doesn't mean they can't have skill, ability, or power outside swordsmanship.

Some need to go back and reread what King said or didn't say during the conversation. Better yet, what Oda was trying to tell us from the conversation.

Oda didn't have King say he not a swordsman. That would have been the easiest way to determine whether he's a swordsman or not. Instead, he talked about not limiting himself to a certain style or form in battle. That gives me the impression he is a swordsman but don't expect him to only use swordsmanship during battle. In the One Piece official magazine vol. 6 it states King is a swordsman. Even Zoro can use a scythe skillfully.

I would say he is the same kind of fighter as Queen and Jack:he can use punches,kicks,fire and his devil fruit hax!Other calamities also have their own fighting styles while incorporating blades as well!

If King fights with a sword, he is a swordsman. Saying otherwise is like saying Big Mom isn't fat.

Zoro: I see...so you're some sorta killing machine huh
King: Is there a need for stuff like styles & forms in battle?
Zoro: Well, I guess that's true...!!
Zoro: You didn't refer to yourself as a swordsman after all
Zoro: Do as you will!!
Zoro: I too might just bite your throat off...
Zoro: ...when I deal the final blow on you
Zoro: I can't afford to lose...!!
King: .........
Kawamatsu: Boss Hyogoro...
Kawamatsu: When Hiyori decided to give "Enma" to that man...
Kawamatsu: ...there is a reason I couldn't bring myself to completely stop her...!!

Zoro never discounted King as a swordsman. His comment is referring to his fighting style not limiting itself swordsmanship. It's a response to King questioning Zoro sticking to only swordsmanship.

He is certainly not a conventional swordman, but Law is certainly not a conventional swordman either, but he is a confirmed swordman. Soo what you mean by "true" swordman?
Post automatically merged:

He never says he dosent know them....he just says that he dosent stick by it, meaning his combat style is not restricted to sword techniques.