Character Discussion POLL: Is King a True Swordsman

Is King a Legit Swordsman

• Total voters
fuji and law are confirmed swordsmen by oda so yeah they below mihawk
let s not talk about shanks because mihawk is waiting for someone stronger than him
Like I said, we can talk about it without any dogma, something that insecure swordpiece fans love

For sure they're less capable with swords, but they're fruit users that he never fought, who knows, let's talk about it.
After all, the WSM and the WSC had to fall, nothing lasts forever, eg. Zoro will be better than Mihawk at some points

The point is: swordsman is a thing, carry a sword and having a mixed combat style is another thing and the last chapter just made it clear, literally, like it or not, I just accept it and move on cause it's nothing new

Like I said, we can talk about it without any dogma, something that insecure swordpiece fans love

For sure they're less capable with swords, but they're fruit users that he never fought, who knows, let's talk about it.
After all, the WSM and the WSC had to fall, nothing lasts forever, eg. Zoro will be better than Mihawk at some points

The point is: swordsman is a thing, carry a sword and having a mixed combat style is another thing and the last chapter just made it clear, literally, like it or not, I just accept it and move on cause it's nothing new
buddy u either a swordsman or not
ur a swordsman ur below mihawk
king is not a swordmsan simple
a blind swordsman fujitora
law was called also a swordsman by oda + law was about in punk hazzard to teach tashigi about what makes a swordsman
cabaji said he s a swordsman yet he fought with kicks fire beyblades etc
the fk so hard to understand well shankstards lol :suresure:
u wanna tell me only in op there are only 3 swordsmen alive? mihawk vista and zoro :gokulaugh:

buddy u either a swordsman or not
ur a swordsman ur below mihawk
king is not a swordmsan simple
a blind swordsman fujitora
law was called also a swordsman by oda + law was about in punk hazzard to teach tashigi about what makes a swordsman
cabaji said he s a swordsman yet he fought with kicks fire beyblades etc
the fk so hard to understand well shankstards lol :suresure:
u wanna tell me only in op there are only 3 swordsmen alive? mihawk vista and zoro :gokulaugh:
Author, chapter 1023: a character who has a sword isn't automatically a swordsman

Me: a character who has a sword isn't automatically a swordsman, what a surprise

You: overreacting, laugh emoticons, lack of correlation, making fun of others' opinion, calling others shankstard (I appreciate both Shanks and Mihawk, how strange)

It's ok, breathe

Author, chapter 1023: a character who has a sword isn't automatically a swordsman

Me: a character who has a sword isn't automatically a swordsman, what a surprise

You: overreacting, laugh emoticons, lack of correlation, making fun of others' opinion, calling others shankstard (I appreciate both Shanks and Mihawk, how strange)

It's ok, breathe
Buddy u def got the iq of the room temperature lmfao
King is not a swordsman simple
Fujitora is a swordsman Law is a swordsman even with other abilities is that hard to understand?
Cabaji is a swordsman even with the tricks he has They are all below Mihawk.Ofc this chapter also showed having a sword doesnt make u a swordsman.:crazwhat:

Buddy u def got the iq of the room temperature lmfao
King is not a swordsman simple
Fujitora is a swordsman Law is a swordsman even with other abilities is that hard to understand?
Cabaji is a swordsman even with the tricks he has They are all below Mihawk.Ofc this chapter also showed having a sword doesnt make u a swordsman.:crazwhat:
Again, I will explain it with simple words

Step 1: having a sword doesn't make you a swordsman. And even you understood, fine

Step 2: that means, Mihawk is by definition a better fighter than any other swordsman. Alright, since step 2 you agree with me.

Step 3: Mihawk and who ever will be the next WSS are/will be better than any other swordsman until a better one will defeat them. That imply that they are not AUTOMATICALLY better fighter than other type of fighter, it depends on individual feat and qualities

Step 4: so, who's a swordsman at this point? Once Zoro said "I will defeat evereyone who calls himself a swordsman", then we have what Vivre Card or other volumes say.

To me, the 2 particular examples, Law and Fujitora, are an example of hybrid characters, have been taught swords skill is a thing, being a swordsman is another.

How many times did Law defeated a strong enemy using sword skills? He is above all a fruit user who can use a sword. But this is my opinion and Vivre Card define him a swordsman. I'm fine with that, I saw people here denying Kaido is the strongest creature, we can have different opinion on things if they're not that clear.

The point you're missing is that: Law and Fujitora are just two examples, maybe wrong, but what's now undeniable is that if a character with a sword, who doesn't call himself or who isn't called a swordsman, isn't automatically inferior to the WSS.

Maybe we will have some better example in the future. Atm the strongest being usually are not swordsmen (Roger, WB, BB, Kaido, Big Mom, Aokiji, Akainu, Kizaru, Garp, Sengoku, Luffy), only few swordsmen are really strong (Mihawk, Zoro, Shanks, Fujitora though I don't agree with it) so it's not that easy to find examples if Oda doesn't write someone worth it.

The only example is Big Mom ATM

Again, I will explain it with simple words

Step 1: having a sword doesn't make you a swordsman. And even you understood, fine

Step 2: that means, Mihawk is by definition a better fighter than any other swordsman. Alright, since step 2 you agree with me.

Step 3: Mihawk and who ever will be the next WSS are/will be better than any other swordsman until a better one will defeat them. That imply that they are not AUTOMATICALLY better fighter than other type of fighter, it depends on individual feat and qualities

Step 4: so, who's a swordsman at this point? Once Zoro said "I will defeat evereyone who calls himself a swordsman", then we have what Vivre Card or other volumes say.

To me, the 2 particular examples, Law and Fujitora, are an example of hybrid characters, have been taught swords skill is a thing, being a swordsman is another.

How many times did Law defeated a strong enemy using sword skills? He is above all a fruit user who can use a sword. But this is my opinion and Vivre Card define him a swordsman. I'm fine with that, I saw people here denying Kaido is the strongest creature, we can have different opinion on things if they're not that clear.

The point you're missing is that: Law and Fujitora are just two examples, maybe wrong, but what's now undeniable is that if a character with a sword, who doesn't call himself or who isn't called a swordsman, isn't automatically inferior to the WSS.

Maybe we will have some better example in the future. Atm the strongest being usually are not swordsmen (Roger, WB, BB, Kaido, Big Mom, Aokiji, Akainu, Kizaru, Garp, Sengoku, Luffy), only few swordsmen are really strong (Mihawk, Zoro, Shanks, Fujitora though I don't agree with it) so it's not that easy to find examples if Oda doesn't write someone worth it.

The only example is Big Mom ATM
Bro there is no hybrid swordsman u either a swordsman or not
Zoro in the entire series been fighting swordsmen with fruits and tricky abilities
Zoro in this chapter also said he will bite king's throat to win he doenst care
Zoro against Killer took his weapon a schyte from him and used it to beat him is Zoro a hybrid to now? Zoro also has no swordstyle
Zoro also punched and kicked many times

Bro there is no hybrid swordsman u either a swordsman or not
Zoro in the entire series been fighting swordsmen with fruits and tricky abilities
Zoro in this chapter also said he will bite king's throat to win he doenst care
Zoro against Killer took his weapon a schyte from him and used it to beat him is Zoro a hybrid to now? Zoro also has no swordstyle
Zoro also punched and kicked many times
Bro, Zoro will beat King even if he doesn't call himself a swordsman cause he is stronger, as a swordsman and as a fighter and I like it

I'm saying another thing: world strongest swordsman is automatically stronger than any swordsman, not than any character that just has a sword.
In that eventuality, you have to consider the single characteristic of the two fighter

Mihawk is stronger Fujitora? If you follow the vivrecard, yes, automatically.

Mihawk is stronger than Big Mom? Not automatically, it can be (because X, Y...) or not (because A, B... )

And so it goes

Bro, Zoro will beat King even if he doesn't call himself a swordsman cause he is stronger, as a swordsman and as a fighter and I like it

I'm saying another thing: world strongest swordsman is automatically stronger than any swordsman, not than any character that just has a sword.
In that eventuality, you have to consider the single characteristic of the two fighter

Mihawk is stronger Fujitora? If you follow the vivrecard, yes, automatically.

Mihawk is stronger than Big Mom? Not automatically, it can be (because X, Y...) or not (because A, B... )

And so it goes
Im not arguing Mihawk>big mom since by this chap she isn t a swordsman
Im arguing Law and Fuji because they fall under Mihawks title since they are swordsmen

King is a swordsman to an extent ig but his style isn't precisely what you'd call swordsmanship..

If you'd consider Ohm a swordsman then yea why not king..

If its stated that king is a swordsman and Ohm isn't, seeing how they mirror such an eccentric style with the swords right down to the sword's multi-utility,i'd say its a discrepancy in general and King isn't a swordsman since an early renowned figure like Ohm isn't a swordsman..

Hope thats a fair answer.
Post automatically merged:

@bennbeckman please add another option in the poll for folks with varying opinions
Post automatically merged:

And Law himself despite how versatile he is.

The only chance King is not a swordsman is that he perhaps does not care enough about fighting with swords unlike we projected.
But unlike law or even Fujitora.. King is using kicks lmao..

Law and fuji have been using their swords for DF too primarily..

Idk if having a DF makes you less of a swordsman

And Law himself despite how versatile he is.

The only chance King is not a swordsman is that he perhaps does not care enough about fighting with swords unlike we projected.
Or maybe he is not confident in his sword skills, CoC-coated sword slashes are great. Maybe an indication that King does not have CoC? A lot of people here were speculating that Zoro will learn CoC coating in this fight.

Or maybe he is not confident in his sword skills, CoC-coated sword slashes are great. Maybe an indication that King does not have CoC? A lot of people here were speculating that Zoro will learn CoC coating in this fight.
even if king doesnt have coc coating which i doubt he has
zoro can still learn it against him all he has to think is what about kaido said