Character Discussion POLL: Is Luffy having multiple power ups via Haki Bloom within a short time frame good writing

Is Luffy having multiple power ups via Haki Bloom within a short time frame good writing

• Total voters
The guy went from barely 1st commander level (granted Katakuri is kinda mid ngl) to Yonko tier in 2 weeks

So no, it's trash writing from Oda.

This horse shit idea that Haki blooms in critical situations only applies to Luffy, sitting here waiting for Kidd and Law and Killer and Zoro who fought insanely hard to get a haki bloom while Luffy got around 2 already

Its not haki bloom imo, its Luffy beginning to figure out how to use his CoC in 1010, and increase his expertise in current chapter. Kaidou said "you gained access to a powerful weapon" (Luffy used his pool of CoC and apply it as CoC Coating) "but you were carried away. Your technique leaves a lot to be desired"

Tldr imo Luffy always has big CoC pool. And in both 1010 and 1026, the main factor is not haki bloom but Luffy figuring things out just like his statement in 1010

Depends on how its implemented from here on out. But its fine since the power up was tied to his training from udon and the theme of unyielding resolve through out the series as a whole, so it actually has substance.
it's a plot device that makes things anticlimactic because it takes away from the thrill of the fight
I dont know what else you expected then thats not contrived in its own right then something that has been set up since act 2 of the arc and actually pays off in dealing with Kaido.

Depends on how its implemented from here on out. But its fine since the power up was tied to his training from udon and the theme of unyielding resolve through out the series as a whole, so it actually has substance.

I dont know what else you expected then thats not contrived in its own right then something that has been set up since act 2 of the arc and actually pays off in dealing with Kaido.
Wanted something different (even if it was slightly different) from the norm

H

humanbeing

he didn't have any power up per se in this fight. he just realized that he can coat himself in CoC haki, otherwise he already has CoC before and has what it takes to use it too since it is his specialty. his power up in this arc is only his Ryuo (advanced armament) mastering.
if he knew about that he could have used CoC coating right after the timeskip or even before. the moment he realized that, he instantly was able to use it.

Honestly I don't like that now Luffy can copy the ability of his enemy just by looking at it.

It happened with Katakuri's CoO first and now he did the same thing with Kaido.

Yes, you can argue that also in Pre TS he "learned" a sort of Soru just by looking it, but his own Soru (I'm talking about G2 if you didn't understand) wasn't a mere copy, it derived from an application of his DF which was a cool idea

Honestly I don't like that now Luffy can copy the ability of his enemy just by looking at it.

It happened with Katakuri's CoO first and now he did the same thing with Kaido.

Yes, you can argue that also in Pre TS he "learned" a sort of Soru just by looking it, but his own Soru (I'm talking about G2 if you didn't understand) wasn't a mere copy, it derived from an application of his DF which was a cool idea
People memed that zoro went to Naruto universe and got a sharingan for his eye but I think Luffy did.