Fanclub Portgas D. Ace FC

Do you think Ace spoke to Whitebeard Pirates members about his trip to Wano ?

• Total voters
My favourite cover from Ace's novel in OP Magazine.

http://instagr.am/p/B938wFQIi6x/ I love his smile :amazing:

http://instagr.am/p/B6vdLxpFgSc/

http://instagr.am/p/B1imfvQlgWL/
Sometimes it really pisses me off when people say Ace was foolish for running back and fighting Akainu

I think that is just the character he is, he values the reputation of people he respects/his saviour more than he values himself. In fact, Ace's wish was to find a purpose and a reason that his life is worth living since he hated himself because of his bloodline. It is people like WB and the WB crew that gave him this purpose and defined who he is. They showed him that they are willing to brave Marineford against all three admirals, on a risky mission where sacrifices are inevitable, just to retrieve him.

As a result, Ace was furious when Akainu insulted WB because WB is more than just his captain. It is a person that gave his life a meaning. Especially when WB was about to die, Ace would regret it in the future if he didn't do anything about Akainu shittalking WB in Whitebeard's last few moments.

And I think people need to realize that Ace knew he wasn't going to go in, bitch slap Akainu and leave. He wasn't planning to kill Akainu but to get him to shut up. What he didn't realize was Akainu would sneak up on Luffy instead

He also isn't the only character that fought people for badmouthing their friends. Shanks did the same thing in chapter one - even though it was against Higuma who was a fodder - , but Luffy also defended his crewmates so many times when people badmouthed them including against Celestial Dragons, Cracker, Arlong....etc

The fact that Ace turned back to fight Akainu made me appreciate his character more. It resonated with me because it takes a lot to have a person who has the courage to take on the world to defend someone else's reputation.

:yonjidoggy::yonjidoggy:

I've been thinking about this for a while, what did you guys think about Ace's decision to turn back and fight Akainu?
@Kiwipom was never able to answer you Kiwi-chan question, but now I'll answer it through a Twitter thread I made:

Last edited:

I don't remember if I said it here before, but I'd like to see Deuce in manga. Based on what I saw in the novel, I think he was a good crewmate. Do you think we'll see something of him and perhaps more of the rest of the Spade Pirates in the manga?
@Finalbeta @Zoro D Goat @NeutralWatcher @Bogard @Kiwipom and someone
(I ask a question to do more than just post photos here xD)
I really hope he will enjoy the Akainu fight!! That would be so epic. I don't want Luffy to fight him alone, definitely not!!

Bogard

You can't win

I don't remember if I said it here before, but I'd like to see Deuce in manga. Based on what I saw in the novel, I think he was a good crewmate. Do you think we'll see something of him and perhaps more of the rest of the Spade Pirates in the manga?
@Finalbeta @Zoro D Goat @NeutralWatcher @Bogard @Kiwipom and someone
(I ask a question to do more than just post photos here xD)
Ace's crew in general was very loyal to him and vice-versa. Ace had enough willpower to stand back after a 5days battle with Jinbei and fight Whitebeard to protect his crew, and when got beaten by Whitebeard, they came back to try to save him

With that said, we already saw a glimpse of the Spade pirates in Tama's mini-flashback with the ones in the background of the second panel named Aggie68 and Mihar, who also seemed close to him

So judging by the link Ace had with Tama/Luffy, i think it's definitely possible we might get to see more of them, and thus Masked Deuce as well portrayed as his firstmate

They integrated the Whitebeard crew with Ace later, so i wonder what happened to them afterwards

Also love his ship design

:ace:

In either case, i have no doubt we'd get to know more and more about them from the simple connections Ace has with the main character and main antagonists. It's just a matter of when