Fanclub Portgas D. Ace FC

Do you think Ace spoke to Whitebeard Pirates members about his trip to Wano ?

• Total voters
Beautiful :amazing:

So fellow Ace fan, the latest chapter blessed us with some new information concerning our boy, so wanted to ask a few things :optimistic:

> First of all, it was mentioned that Ace and Yamato(Kaido's daughter) fought together in the past, with Luffy reminding her of Ace after a short battle with him

So what do you think was the nature of their relationship ? :choppawhat:

> Secondly, it is the second time someone who knows both compares Luffy to Ace

For which reason exactly do you think it's the case ?

In either case, i'm loving the fact that Oda keeps creating these mirror parallels between Luffy and Ace, especially considering Ace's trip in Wano initially seemed minor(it was just introduced in a single panel that he went there, and learnt how to make Straw hats like the one he made for Oars), so i'm pleasantly surprise to see Oda really going deeply into this since it implies that we might get more flashbacks of Ace's adventure in Wano down the line :myman:

And the more Ace, the better :ace:
@Bogard
I feel like you brother, every time Ace is mentioned I'm glad. After almost 70 chapters he is mentioned again!!!

Regarding your questions, I answer the following:
1. I believe that the relationship between them was friendship. I think she remembers him in a good way. By fighting together they became friends. In OP we have seen characters who have developed a friendship because they have fought many times together. I think it wasn't a romantic relationship. And I hope is that Oda doesn't come out with the argument that Ace confused Yamato with Oden. I feel like he was more observant than Luffy. That would be a very easy solution to justify Withebeard's absence from Wano...
2. Yamato's final words give me to understand the same as you think my brother, that she considered Luffy to be strong as Ace and that, like his older brother, Luffy contained himself when fighting. And if Yamato remembers those fights that much it is because they were meaningful to her and because she probably considered Ace a worthy fighter (in strength, how he fight and behavior) Also, I think she saw personality qualities in him in those fights...like kindness maybe? But... why was Ace holding back when fighting? I have that unknown. I hope Oda answers it.

About Ace's participation in Wano, I always thought it had to be more than just being at Villa Amigasa making hats and having friends with Tama. We know that Ace was like Luffy, because he doesn't go unnoticed anywhere. And Yamato confirms that we will see some Ace fight with her and other characters as well. I think Ace tried to help the people of Wano because he didn't rest easy when the weak suffered ... But maybe they told him about Toki's prophecy and maybe Yamato convinced him not to do anything at the time. Also being realistic, 4 years ago Ace by himself couldn't have done much for Wano (he didn't even have many allies like Luffy). About flashbacks, Oda tends to display shorter flashbacks first before displaying a longer one. I think that will be the case for Ace.

@Bogard, I suggest creating a new poll on either of these two questions you asked.

So dramatic!!! :(

Yo Bo! I requested to be added some time ago but I'm not on the list yet :catsweat:
Please @Bogard add them ;w;

Last edited: