Powers & Abilities Possible Kaido's awakening form?

Kaido looks like have same patern as some Zoan awakening from wich is black clouds in this Form.

Comparing to Lucci's awakening form it really has similiar patern.

Kaku

Even tho Kaido doesn't have flying Scarf on his back but it's still possible that Those form is Kaido's Awakening form.
Or what if Kaido already awakened his fruit in the first place.

Last edited:
If you look at Kaku's neck, which actually is similar to Kaido's dragon body in shape, it has black flames as well. The problem is that Lucci and Kaku flames (awakening) have a really distinct pattern Kaido flames lack.

This was an outer shell, he didn't change his body. If we have to force an awakening on him, it's more likely that he did when his face in hybrid form slightly changed.

This was an outer shell, he didn't change his body. If we have to force an awakening on him, it's more likely that he did when his face in hybrid form slightly changed.
That's fair enough but also look at Momo's Dragon form his flame on his body doesn't have black colour, if Kaido has blue Skin then didn't his flaming hair would also like Momo's wich light colour.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe. But I think Kaido would have simply been too strong with awakening, that's why he didn't get it.
He was already the strongest character in the verse and Luffy needed 3 power ups to beat him. Awakening would have been too much
What if Kaido already awakened this whole time.

That's fair enough but also look at Momo's Dragon form his flame on his body doesn't have black colour, if Kaido has blue Skin then didn't his flaming hair would also like Momo's wich light colour.
Black stuff in the manga can be revealed to be light coloured in the anime and colour manga version, I wouldn't think about it too much. Think about Queen's hair.

His awakening was when his facial features slightly change later on in the fight. This was even confirmed when his later drawn with a different colour to his normal hybrid. He probably forced out awakenings only temporarily with sake or something. Kaido has those clouds in his full dragon form and even Yamato had them as well as G4 Luffy even though the latter 2 were not awakened. So those clouds don't necessarily have to be there to know its a awakened form. Its all inconsistent and Oda probably didn't know himself and only during Wano decided to make it out like clouds=awakening. I believe hopefully it will eventually be confirmed within a vivre card what his and Big Moms awakening was, but the only distinction we have now is Kaidos facial features change and him looking more bigger, beast like, bigger fangs etc etc during certain attacks and then lighter blue during the ending of the Kaido fight. I believe this was supposed to be his awakening, or it'll be pushed in that it was this.

Nah it's just a technique of the fruit: basically a magma suit, that he can withstand thanks to his scales. A very creative usage of his fruit's basic powers.

The only way he could retrospectively tap into semi-awakening territories is, if there's a tech, where an awakened Zoan user can sacrifice some human traits, like 100% control over your mind, for more animalistic raw power or something and Lucci's version for example would then be the fully mastered, fully controlled humanzied version of Zoan awakening, while the Jailor beasts and Kaido's big nosed buff version are perhaps then the more beast based versions.
Which that we could assume that Kaido, with his big nose buff form, tapped into that semi controlable, more animalistic stage.

Other than that, he simply was not awakened. His fruit is likely based on a guardian deity. Their interests just did not allign. You will see Momo awakening that shit.

Black stuff in the manga can be revealed to be light coloured in the anime and colour manga version, I wouldn't think about it too much. Think about Queen's hair.
In manga cover Kaido got black in Colored manga version and on volume Cover.
Not to overthinking on that case but can be considered as inconsistencies but Kaido case are consistent.

His awakening was when his facial features slightly change later on in the fight. This was even confirmed when his later drawn with a different colour to his normal hybrid. He probably forced out awakenings only temporarily with sake or something. Kaido has those clouds in his full dragon form and even Yamato had them as well as G4 Luffy even though the latter 2 were not awakened. So those clouds don't necessarily have to be there to know its a awakened form. Its all inconsistent and Oda probably didn't know himself and only during Wano decided to make it out like clouds=awakening. I believe hopefully it will eventually be confirmed within a vivre card what his and Big Moms awakening was, but the only distinction we have now is Kaidos facial features change and him looking more bigger, beast like, bigger fangs etc etc during certain attacks and then lighter blue during the ending of the Kaido fight. I believe this was supposed to be his awakening, or it'll be pushed in that it was this.

Gear 4 can be considered as Hibrid form of Nika wich is has the cloud scarf on his back also.
The Major example is Lucci and Kaku's awakening.
But I'd aggre with inconsistencies due to other cases like Impeldowns zoan guard whose also have awakening form.

But it's hard to belive that Kaido can talk about Awakening in front of Luffy while he can't do the same thing, it also wouldn't make any bit of sense that some ID guard can awakened their Zoan fruit while Kaido can't.
Infact Kaido understand how awakening Works but we know there's no single of his crew known to already mastering this feat.

The only mythical zoan awakening we know it is Nika.

So Kaido awakening would be something completely new based on his DF model b
What about Yamato?
Lucci and Kaku zoan awakening isn't new based model just with black flame.

Last edited: