Post Counts... Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Since the dawn of civilisation, I have been noticing that posts in the various Section Archives or the Ground Floor are not counted.

I acknowledge that subsections like Forum Games are unremittingly spammed and inducting Post Counts could be a double edged sword, however, why not having them count in the Waiting Room or the Archives and similia?

The Waiting Room is a place qualitatively no different than Chapter Threads, whilst the Archives represent what once were former forum threads, before being for all sorts of reasons trashbinned.

In conclusion I maintain that some threads are more meritorious and creditworthy than we think and people aiming at tags and various perks deserve their posts to be counted.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
In summary, there are several threads around where posts don't count and that don't happen to be ostensibly spammed compared to the ones in which they are counted.

It appears plain fair to me to have them counting all posts, in that users put effort to post in there.
I agree. I wondered why my post count so low.. also to add, my bounty doesnt represent how dangerous to the WG I trully am

D

Dragomir

Making threads like the Waiting Room count for posts would require us to have to now moderate that hellhole of a thread, scanning it constantly to crack down on spam. This isn't something that we got time for. It'd be nonsensical. Besides the Waiting Room has its own appeal due to it being a place where folks can mostly post bullshit without being reprimanded–until they start posting serious bullshit. It would lose that appeal and most likely become very uninteresting.

And as for post counts counting, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Are you really doing this again, Final? You know that if non-counting posts are factored in, your own personal count is gonna skyrocket from all the spamming you’ve done in those sections. Just another proposal focused on “benefitting” you in some way rather than the forum at large :kriwhat:
Well both ideas wouldn't just benefit me, particularly this one. After all several members are looking for their tags and this idea would certainly trigger them much faster. 🤔
Post automatically merged:

Making threads like the Waiting Room count for posts would require us to have to now moderate that hellhole of a thread, scanning it constantly to crack down on spam. This isn't something that we got time for. It'd be nonsensical. Besides the Waiting Room has its own appeal due to it being a place where folks can mostly post bullshit without being reprimanded–until they start posting serious bullshit. It would lose that appeal and most likely become very interesting.

And as for post counts counting, lol.
That would simply equate to the induction of a new mod for the Ground Floor section :P

Someone's dream to become mod is about to come to fruition

Status
Not open for further replies.