Post merge

Remove post merge?

• Total voters
B

Ballel

Ok then why there is post merge in place where it don't even count?

Beside who cares about post count? 😭😭😭
Some weirdos do apparently.

But well, the real problem is that people don't know that automerge kills notifications.
There are so many replies that I missed, sometimes I come back to an old thread and see that someone has quoted me half a year ago.
Because I want to avoid this, I always have to wait until someone posts after me. Or when it's a less active thread I delete my previous post, copy it and paste it in the new post so both users are tagged in the same post.

My whole worstgen existence is literally defined by the eternal battle against the Automerge fail.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Remember when the posts wasn't actually merged before but A LOT of users abused the hell out of it and was constantly spamming which forced us to go back to merged posts

Me too
Exactly this.
We just implemented to automerge because of huge trolling and missuse, not by one or two users. Then later, we tried again to deactivate it, same situation happened again. So i am not sure why it should go different now.

@lee33 "Beavis and Butthead" - Calling us names doesnt make us any interested in your opinion. You instantly make sure your opinion will be ignored like that.

Exactly this.
We just implemented to automerge because of huge trolling and missuse, not by one or two users. Then later, we tried again to deactivate it, same situation happened again. So i am not sure why it should go different now.

@lee33 "Beavis and Butthead" - Calling us names doesnt make us any interested in your opinion. You instantly make sure your opinion will be ignored like that.
Again it is really annoying when posting

You should at least remove it from fanclub section

Not like i understand what's so bad about it

It is so outdated, let ppl post their thoughts freely, not like the whole forum is trolling

Remember when the posts wasn't actually merged before but A LOT of users abused the hell out of it and was constantly spamming which forced us to go back to merged posts

Me too
Exactly this.
I remember and honestly, I would take spam over never getting a notification in a merged post. I can put spammers on ignore. I can't find a merged post that quotes me in a big arse thread.

Besides, we could just punish the individual spammer that spams drivel over punishing the whole forum with a dumb feature. They spam too much in a thread? Thread ban that arse. Do it enough times, they'll get the message.

At the very least, find a way to make so that post merges don't murder notifications. If that was done then folk wouldn't find them so irritating.
Post automatically merged:

Wait, automerge killing notifications is a thing? What the hell-
Yep, let's see if you even get notified of this one. I bet not.:funky::funky::funky:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I remember and honestly, I would take spam over never getting a notification in a merged post. I can put spammers on ignore. I can't find a merged post that quotes me in a big arse thread.

Besides, we could just punish the individual spammer that spams drivel over punishing the whole forum with a dumb feature. They spam too much in a thread? Thread ban that arse. Do it enough times, they'll get the message.
Its nice you like it more, since you dont have the work to deal with the spam, endless postings, threadbanns etc.. But honestly, we have a real life too and at some point, some "quality of life"-implements for the team are well taken too. So... "do it enough times" is easy said, but can be hard annoying, specially keep track of it.

@Nana I get your point, but we had this situation at least 2 times and it went downhill right away. People also can post their thoughts freely, they just should keep it in one posting, not several followed up, i dont get the problem with that.

I look deeper if i find a solution that fits both, but the automerge-function really stopped alot of spamming. And we tried it without.

Its nice you like it more, since you dont have the work to deal with the spam, endless postings, threadbanns etc.. But honestly, we have a real life too and at some point, some "quality of life"-implements for the team are well taken too. So... "do it enough times" is easy said, but can be hard annoying, specially keep track of it.

@Nana I get your point, but we had this situation at least 2 times and it went downhill right away. People also can post their thoughts freely, they just should keep it in one posting, not several followed up, i dont get the problem with that.

I look deeper if i find a solution that fits both, but the automerge-function really stopped alot of spamming. And we tried it without.
U know that auto merge won't stop spamming?
U know certain users will still post meaningless stuff

But this ain't kindergarten, everyone is annoyed by it, just put stricter rules for spamming, or idk why it is even a problem
If someone annoyed by someones post they can report them

Nope. Posting long ass post is not pretty, it can get messy