Prime Shouheikun - Should We Believe The Hype?

How Strong Was Prime Shouheikun?

• Lower?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Btw. wasn't Riboku called the strongest among the three great heavens? But we know Houken is stronger than Riboku in martial might for sure. So Shouheikun being called stronger or as strong as Mobu, doesn't mean he is actualy comparable in martial might to mobu.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Btw. wasn't Riboku called the strongest among the three great heavens? But we know Houken is stronger than Riboku in martial might for sure. So Shouheikun being called stronger or as strong as Mobu, doesn't mean he is actualy comparable in martial might to mobu.
I would agree if not for context. The context of these panels make 0 sense of the context isn’t martial strength:

Like, Shobunkun tells Shouheikun not to ride so far ahead by himself at the enemy, and Kaioku is like “don’t worry shobunkun...when we consider overall ability in warfare and not just combat strength...” lol

Nah, it is Shouheikun’s fighting prowess specifically that is being hyped to oblivion. Kaioku even singles out his martial prowess exactly in the second page here.

I would agree if not for context. The context of these panels make 0 sense of the context isn’t martial strength:

Like, Shobunkun tells Shouheikun not to ride so far ahead by himself at the enemy, and Kaioku is like “don’t worry shobunkun...when we consider overall ability in warfare and not just combat strength...” lol

Nah, it is Shouheikun’s fighting prowess specifically that is being hyped to oblivion. Kaioku even singles out his martial prowess exactly in the second page here.
Yeah, i forgot about these panels. Maybe they are just fanboys of him?:kayneshrug:

Yeah, i forgot about these panels. Maybe they are just fanboys of him?:kayneshrug:
Another person that compared Shouheikan’s strength to Moubu’s is Saitaku, an individual that knew both of these men well.
What is interesting to note is Moubu’s complete lack of reaction to this comparison between himself and Shouheikan.

Compare that to when Saitaku merely brings up the topic of Ouki in the next few manga panels, let alone directly compare his strength to anyone.
It would seem that Moubu initially held far more respect for Shouheikan than he did for Ouki or the Qin Six in general.

If Hara decides to portray Shouheikan as he did in the one off Chapter 398.5 Moubu and the Chu Prince.
Then it is quite within reason for Shouheikan to end up being equal or near equal in martial prowess when compared to Moubu.

I can't accurately recall the small specific comments regarding power scaling anymore. But in terms of how I felt Shouheikun was presented in the story generally, then yes, we should certainly believe the hype. In current time I don't think he'd be as strong as Moubu, be it in raw physical strength or otherwise, simply because of how ridiculously OP he would be. Moubu, although not being retarded, isn't exactly known for his brain. Strength and endurance is Moubu's everything, and there would simply be too big of a gap among the two if Shouheikun was just as strong even today as Moubu.

Them being equal at one point, before Shouheikun focused more heavily on strategy would make more sense to me. Either way still a monster both on and off the battlefield.