Character Discussion Prior to Kaido should Oda have had Zoro fight someone who was superior to him?

Should Oda have made Zoro fight someone who was superior to him?

• Total voters
Yup. Woulda been cool to see Zoro struggle against a tough opponent before Enma/Kaido.

don’t think anyone will say no to an actual Zoro fight either
So as it shows right now even YC1 is not strong enough to push Zoro to his limits.
Zoro post Mihawk training was so strong, that it would have required bare minimum an admiral for him to be forced to grow. Oda wasn't ready for that.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
This is was my issue as well, as Zoro's opponents were clearly inferior so we never got to see Zoro get pushed to his limits wish I wish I could have seen
Would’ve been very cool if there was any strong samurai aligned with Orochi that Zoro could’ve taken out in Act 1 or 2. Just something to establish Zoro’s limits, so seeing his new feats are even more impactful.
So as it shows right now even YC1 is not strong enough to push Zoro to his limits.
Zoro post Mihawk training was so strong, that it would have required bare minimum an admiral for him to be forced to grow. Oda wasn't ready for that.
Your love for Zoro is deeply concerning

I hoped he would do that, but as far as it looks Oda has chosen for both Sanji and Zoro to never show their full power and limit from the time skip and simply power them up prior to that. It is a move he decided to do for Zoro and Sanji for some reason.

I still prefer Zoro fighting King before Kaido.

I don't like the senzu bean plot but it could've been more acceptable for me if Zoro defeats King in extreme diff and gets the senzu bean after to help the Kaido fight.

I mean, King is great, but it is hard to get hyped about the fight when we've just seen Zoro fight against two Yonko. It was not 1v1 I know, but still.

:kayneshrug:

Yes i like seeing my heroes grow in strength instead of just being there where the plot needs them, its boring and unrelatable.

Now i know the excuse for Zoro being this strong now is that he ''trains offscreen'' but thats just it, i wanna see him grow on screen instead of using a lazy excuse like that.
Post automatically merged:

And that is boring as hell, i dont get why you guys are fine with him jumping several levels offscreen, we could've had so much story to be told with Zoro fighting opponents like that.

Last edited:
Yes i like seeing my heroes grow in strength instead of just being there where the plot needs them, its boring and unrelatable.

Now i know the excuse for Zoro being this strong now is that he ''trains offscreen'' but thats just it, i wanna see him grow on screen instead of using a lazy excuse like that.
Post automatically merged:

And that is boring as hell, i dont get why you guys are fine with him jumping several levels offscreen, we could've had so much story to be told with Zoro fighting opponents like that.
I agree it made Zoro's story very boring and dull, it hurt his character development Post Time Skip

Yup I think oda should have made orochi actually strong as a opponent for Zoro. Orochi, who who's, or smoothie all would have helped the story imo. Like now only pero is the only bmp outside of BM doing anything despite it being a yonko's crew they seem even more incompetent.