Questions & Mysteries Question for Japanese readers, is Aokiji a subordinate of Blackbeard or an equal?

The others sentences are fine, the only thing we should care about is the word "加担" that has multiple meanings : it could be colleague, associate, partner in crime or just tied up.
For now, i will just go with "tied up" that means gorosei heard some rumors that kuzan has links with BB.

Last edited:
Isn't viz translation of that commodore tho?
Update I found the raws and they use "提督" which is a way of saying both Admiral and Commodore. That being said, its also a Kanji that Oda has never used before for the navy ranks. It means "teitoku" in romanji if you want to look it up. That being said, for the naval ranks Oda has used Taisho and Junsho for Admiral and Commodore respectively.

So Viz isn't wrong, just that every other translator has used admiral but Viz chose to use Commodore likely as a way to not confuse readers between Naval Admirals and Admiral Teech. Because english doesn't have these two words for "Admiral."

Since you guys responded to him too @Zoro D Goat @Hiragaro

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The others sentences are fine, the only thing we should care about is the word "加担" that has multiple meanings : it could be colleague, associate, partner in crime or just tied up.
For now, i will just go with "tied up" that means gorosei heard some rumors that kuzan has links with BB.
So it's possible Kuzan may not be working with Teach at all, and that they just had some run ins.