• Millennium Falcon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fantasia

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
How would you guys rank all the major Berserk arcs?

From worst to best, my ranking would probably go somewhat like this:

5. Black Swordsman Arc. This arc isn't necessarily bad, it's just not onpar with the rest in quality imo. Whenever I reread the arc, I find it to be a bit of a slog to get through but it does have some memorable moments like Guts' encounter with the Godhand. It showed just how much potential the manga had imo

4. Fantasia Arc. I think this arc is dragged down by parts like all the chapters focusing on Bonebeard. The arc for this art is amazing, and the setting is very unique for Berserk. It has some of the best moments, like Rickert slapping Griffith, and the reveal of the previous Godhand. Personally, the most heart breaking moment in manga takes place in this arc, when Casca screams after seeing Guts. I may raise this arc higher or lower depending on how it ends, but I think 4 is the best spot for it.

3. Conviction Arc. Coming straight out after the Golden Age, I feel like this part of the story had a lot to live up to, and I think it delivered well on it. Seeing Guts' traveling party start to form is neat, and moments like Griffith returning are iconic. I've expressed my dislike over Mozgus as a character before and my opinion hasn't changed, but he's a serviceable antagonist.

2. Millennium Falcon. This arc is just fucking amazing when it comes to art. There's so much amazing shit in this arc. I loved the whole Kushan invasion plotline and seeing Griffith defeat him was probably the most epic and terrifying thing I've ever read in manga. Arc also had the Berserker Armor, and some developments with Farnese which I liked personally. The arc ending with the Great Roar was perfect.

1. Golden Age. I love this arc to pieces, every moment of it. Seeing Guts' complicated relationship with Griffith, him falling in love with Casca, Griffith establishing himself as a big figure in Midland only to fumble his spot, Zodd's first appearance, the Skull Knight appearing, it was just amazing, and it ending on Eclipse, was just perfect. I don't think there's anything quite like the Eclipse in manga, Guts lost everything. The art in this arc is also superb as usual

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Seth @ConquistadoR @AdmiralKinyagi @Da evil Who @TeachMarshall @Shiroyru @RayanOO @General Duke Hyuo etc, etc don't know anyone else who would be interested in this.

1. Conviction: golden age feels the most nostalgic, but conviction is peak fiction for me. Rosine's battle is the most memorable, we see Guts at his most ruthless. Big fan of the holy see, Farnesse was a great antagonist and the way Guts Miura captures the hypocrisy that lies within extremist religious groups was phenomenal. Mozgus was smashing his head on the floor was peak fiction, he's not power hungry, at least not for himself, he's just driven by a twisted faith. The character interactions between Guts, Farnesse and Mozgus were truly something.

2. Golden age, the good old days :catcry:

3. Black swordsman, I preferred Guts lone adventures over the others

4. Falcon

5. Fantasia was mid

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed Fantasia so much.
Correct me if I’m wrong but it was the arc with Sea Cucumber Monster, cucumber monster people, mermaid intro, and eventually Casca Dream Mini Arc in Elfhelm?

Man the Dream subarc was surreal; the art, events, intensity, characterization, metaphors, and plot together culminated into such a powerful piece of Berserk for me. And that led into what’s going on most recently.

It was such a beautiful way to β€˜end’ Berserk
In the background Griffith had just entered the Human World in his human form with his apostles, and was just crafting a powerful Kingdom, and THE Only Kingdom. If Golden Age was the Climax of the Past, this would be the Climax of the entire story for me. The highest high

1. Fantasia/Millenium Falcon
2. Golden Age
3. Conviction
4. Black Swordsman