General & Others RANT: People's pathetic argument defending the latest chapter

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
have to add something & to disagree with some of this..
but yeah... wano is very far from being the best war, in fact wano is the worse in some aspect..

- Most dramatic :
Water 7 - Enies Lobby : luffy vs usop, robin i wanna live, merry final voyage & death.. back to back drama
Wano : only yasuie death is good, others are bad (forced drama and repetition of old story)

- Most adventurous :
Skypiea (agree) & imo, probably Zou arc also very adventurous..
Wano : only adventure part is how to get to wano, once u get there nothing feels adventurous anymore..

- Best Fighting / Action (mini scale fight) :
Enies Lobby : luffy vs luci & blueno, zoro vs kaku, sanji vs jabra, nami vs califa, etc.. every fight is well choreographed
Wano : some fight are dragged eternally, yet some fight are forced to end too quickly, many fake KO/death (well.. nothing to say about this LOL) and backing up over and over in short period of time.. No good choreography yet.. except: Bigmom somersault and doing some FF7 Limit Break on Kid.. LOL)

- Best War (wide scale war) :
Marineford (agree) : some fights went offscreen, but it's normal.. there are so many admiral/yonko level characters involved and their ability will destroy wide scale environment, so it's impossible to choreographed every single fight or single duel without interruption..
And also.... Marineford is a RESCUE mission, they go there to SAVE Ace's Life.. (enemy want to take something from protagonist)

Wano : some fight went offscreen (it's also normal) BUT, compared to Marineford, Wano is seriously still lack of big names and wide scale destruction.. And Wano war is opposite of marineford, it's a RAID mission.. they go to war to TAKE DOWN Kaido to restore kozuki clan. (Momo's life at stake ? no.. it's the direct consequences because this time, protagonist want to take something from enemy.. besides momo is free now.. nothing at stake anymore).

If oda really want Wano war outshine Marineford.. i expect Oda should involve more big names and parties into the fight.. and war still far from over, Kaido defeat is just the beginning of the real danger..

My personal head-canon:
- Momo fail to stop onigashima from crash landing, and half of Wano population is dead (thanos-ized)
- CP0 & Marine (including sword) making a move taking advantages of the chaotic situation, successfully kidnap robin, and forced a ROUND 2 war.
- Kurozumi clan still has much more card in their sleeve and probably forced a ROUND 3 war. (They maybe somehow connected to Shiki or Blackbeard)
I absolutely concur about Momo and the CP0.

It's hard to imagine Momo will not succeed given the current implications and I can even see him dealing with Orochi next. A clash between Shogun like I had predicted since many months ago. And I guess Robin probably still being unconscious is a point in favor of the CP0 too.

I thought Pedro and Yasuie were recent examples of Oda managing deaths well whilst keeping them impactful but then he has Kinemon, Kiku and Kanjuro seem like they'll die just to have them survive or continue on with fatal injuries.

Atleast Kanjuro seems like he's on his final breaths, if he's even still alive, but Kinemon split in half thanks to Law never putting him together or not doing it right, I guess, and Kiku's probably going to make it too (I don't mind but no need to have her get stabbed and lie bleeding out if she'll be fine anyway). Not a fan of the fake-outs and I can understand people not minding them or becoming desensitized to them but they still irritate me.

Kinemon's death was really good and impactful, Kanjuro's was a quick, decisive end to a villain that just kept coming back and had close ties to Kinemon and Kiku's was a tragic end for someone really sensitive and incapable of harming those close to her despite her desire to finish off Kanjuro but then all of them either survive or stick around a bit longer. Ashura Doji's probably good too but atleast he didn't have closing words and flashbacks making it seem like he's really gone.

Hopefully, Oda stops this and the final war just has important, permanent deaths even if there aren't many.

It's not even so much about them suriving as it is basically Oda having his cake and then eating it.
Pell, Pound, Bon Clay and such all had meaningful death scenes with themes of self sacrifice, so them surviving ends up just somewhat souring those scenes in retrospect.

In Kinemon's case innever believed he wss actually death, as he was never given the dramatic fanfare that those others did, or even Pedro for that matter.

But not only does Kinemon survive, but Oda has to reveal it in the silliest way possible. We're in a war against a yonko crew that is already lacking a lot when it comes to a sense of danger, and then Oda has to brig Kinemon's fart gag again.

Well, I enjoyed the Law & Kidd part, but yeah, the death cope outs not to mention the lame "poot joke", was too much. Hopefully next chapter Oda redeems himself. Some Zoro vs King would be a start.