Speculations Rarely occurring mother mode asspull

All options are right. Add:"Oda doesn't know how to handle female characters and doesn't want to show them getting hurt. He also believes that women can't be genuinely evil. "
Then we have Flampee... Is that her name? The one who made joke of both Luffy and Katakuri.

Oda is tired of the manga. The Raid, and Wano itself, have been lame, Oda just put references to japanese mythology and think thats good.

The SH in the raid have no clear objective and just run aroud without knowing what to do. Mostly of the readers would love if Oda focus more on individual chapters of the SH fighting the Beast Pirates, but he keep putting focus on Wano characters that no one cares about.

And of all the problems, BM seems to be the biggest one for me. He dont know what to do with her, she should be a as dangerous as Kaido, but have become a character that everyone know will do nothing, but is too strong for someone to just defeat and take out of the plot, soo he keep creating this things to make her less of a threat and put her away from the main plot until late in the arc, as he know that if her and Kaido join and go full against Luffy and cia there's no way for the alliance to win.

Even with all this problems, i think at the end he want to make her betray Kaido and have a good use for her more late in the arc. Kaido and BM have been part of the Rocks, and this theme of betray and the idea that "all pirates alliances end in betray" have been show since Luffy alliance with Law. Pehaps more late in the arc BM will find Kaido road poneglyph and seeing a good opportunity, as Kaido will be weakend after fighting Luffy, she will try to take him out, and the fight between the two will be the thing that will weakend the Emperors enought for the Supernova to defeat them. The problem is, until this time came Oda dont know what to do with her.
This is pretty much accurate. Although I have issues with betrayal plot.

So far Rocks Pirates didn't seem at all to have a betrayal. Either it wasn't like that but it looked like a betrayal or Oda is keeping as a secret. We have no mention so far of who betrayed who and how. By WB saying I would guess Rocks members wanted different things so they didn't worked out well at God Valley which lead to them being defeated by Garp and Roger alliance.

I wish much more to Kid betray this alliance then BM or Kaido betray each other. Law can't do it anymore. If he was to betray he would just not went to Wano.
Post automatically merged:

She's not genuinely evil, just an immature superficial teen.
Guess what. Kids are genuinely evil. And teens are their worst version.

judging by the noticeable drop in quality in one piece in general, i'm actually not surprise by the current illogical things that happens in wano, and i'm sure there's even more to come
oda has written big mom's character to be unpredictable, which is a lazy decision imo, so that he can pull anything he wants from her, and readers are forced to accept it because it makes sense because ThaT'S WhaT hEr CHaRacTer iS All aBOut
onigashima has been riddled with plot conveniences, and clutch moments, out of all the places big mom chould've end up at, she exactly appeared before tama's group
oda is old, sick and tired, it makes sense his writing will suffer from that
It is not that Oda has made Big Mom unpredictable, instead it is the opposite Oda has made her very predictable. Everyone knew that her mental instability was going to be used in order to help the straw hats, it was just a matter of when. So far Oda has used Big Mom mental instability as a plot device solely to help the straws, first it was the hunger pains which nerfed her thus helping the straw hats, then she lost her memory which helped the straw hats and now this which is helping the straw hats. It is very predictable.

Last edited: