Rate Kingdom Overall

What's your rating?

• Total voters
Shin gives a speech to his unit later on that almost made me scream out loud as if I was there lol. Others reading this comment will know exactly what speech I’m talking about.
Damn, I will probably bite my tongue so I don't scream lol. Right now I'm basically at the beginning of Gekishin vs Riboku. (Gekishin flashback goes like brr lol). One thing that I always liked is the evolution thing, doesn't matter what's the evolution itself, I just enjoy the progress of something that I like. So it goes without saying that I basically cheer at Shin's promotions like it affects me irl lmao. Plus the panels... Man I really didn't expect so see so many good panels, the art overall is awesome but when double pages appear it goes even further beyond, Plus Ultra like some people say. (A commanders view is probably one of my favorite panels so far, and it might go down as one of my favorite panels but in all of manga.) Shit's simply spectacular.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Damn, I will probably bite my tongue so I don't scream lol. Right now I'm basically at the beginning of Gekishin vs Riboku. (Gekishin flashback goes like brr lol). One thing that I always liked is the evolution thing, doesn't matter what's the evolution itself, I just enjoy the progress of something that I like. So it goes without saying that I basically cheer at Shin's promotions like it affects me irl lmao. Plus the panels... Man I really didn't expect so see so many good panels, the art overall is awesome but when double pages appear it goes even further beyond, Plus Ultra like some people say. (A commanders view is probably one of my favorite panels so far, and it might go down as one of my favorite panels but in all of manga.) Shit's simply spectacular.
I think Hara is very under appreciated as an artist. Some of his art is straight up beautiful.

Okay so I will tell you something that is not a spoiler, but something that many readers miss (I’m proud to say I did not miss this)

But this badass motherfucker that Hara drew in Chapter 1 is in fact Great General Shin towards EOS (Hara has confirmed it)

I started it a few days ago thanks to @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung and I gotta admit that it's honestly amazing. Currently at chapter 252 and so far so good. I'm definitely enjoying it quite a lot. I obviously can't read it all in one go because I'm going to get tired pretty fast and I will probably miss a lot of stuff too. So I'd rather take it slowly but in a constant way. Probably the worst part was the beginning arc. It's not that is bad, but it's kinda... Let's just say that it wasn't as good as the rest.

With that being said if I ignore the beginning easily 9.5, got some nitpicks here and there but a nitpick is a nitpick at the end of the day. With the beginning arc it might go down by half a point or .75. A very very good read nontheless.
Let's go!

Favorite character(s) so far?

I think Hara is very under appreciated as an artist. Some of his art is straight up beautiful.

Okay so I will tell you something that is not a spoiler, but something that many readers miss (I’m proud to say I did not miss this)

But this badass motherfucker that Hara drew in Chapter 1 is in fact Great General Shin towards EOS (Hara has confirmed it)
Yeah, he draws very very good with so many details.

Now, excuse me but what in the actual fuck? Doesn't that mean that the big war between all of china that is going to happen in the manga soon (I think) is that Spring and autumn war? Now I'm so confused lol... Now that I'm looking at it closer... isn't that Ouki's cleave?!?

My prediction is that It might actually be one of or his last battle (that we actually fully see in the manga) kinda like Boruto's introduction with Kawaki vs Boruto but without being so trash ig.

Also, this comes as an extra but do you perhaps know how much time does Kingdom have? Like, when is it going to end? Number of years (hopefully) or chapters...

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Now, excuse me but what in the actual fuck? Doesn't that mean that the big war between all of china that is going to happen in the manga soon (I think) is that Spring and autumn war? Now I'm so confused lol... Now that I'm looking at it closer... isn't that Ouki's cleave?!?

My prediction is that It might actually be one of or his last battle (that we actually fully see in the manga) kinda like Boruto's introduction with Kawaki vs Boruto but without being so trash ig.

Also, this comes as an extra but do you perhaps know how much time does Kingdom have? Like, when is it going to end? Number of years (hopefully) or chapters...
That sure looks like Ouki’s Glaive to me. And I’m pretty positive I know what point this was drawn during, but I don’t want to spoil you on anything lol.

And we do know what year major events happen and at what year China is ultimately unified, but that will put you into the realm of major historical spoilers that Hara has not drawn yet.

Let's go!

I don't have a favorite character yet, I just like em all. But my top ones are definitely Ba Jou, Ouki, obviously Shin, Heki, kyoukai, Mouten and several more.
Post automatically merged:

That sure looks like Ouki’s Glaive to me. And I’m pretty positive I know what point this was drawn during, but I don’t want to spoil you on anything lol.

And we do know what year major events happen and at what year China is ultimately unified, but that will put you into the realm of major historical spoilers that Hara has not drawn yet.
Oh shot, I said Cleave instead of Glaive lol. Anyways, I'm pretty confident that it is Ouki's (that would be some pretty nice foreshadow and a good extra for those who come back to older chapters after advancing a lot.) It would also make sense if that is indeed Shin. For me, it's basically his weapon by end-game.

I did hear that it was inspired in China's history but I honestly both don't care and don't mind. History isn't my forte lol. And now that it carries spoilers my interest is either negative or reversed (aka no china history pls). I am mostly looking forward to knowing if there are still a lot more chapters to come y'know.

Last edited:
D

Dragomir

I was wondering what in the name of the fuck was Coalition war and since I didn't really know the names of the arcs and all of that I thought that it was one of the wars that I already saw but it looks like I'm wrong. Looking forward to more epic stuff. Not peak fiction yet but hella fucking good. Everything is so fantastic man. I was reading it during class and I almost cheered out loud when Shin gave his speech to his unit lmao.
Coalition War is the greatest arc in Kingdom and one of the greatest in all of manga. That's not even an exaggerating. Every single chapter in the arc was 10/10.

My man, you should probably avoid this section at all costs until you catch-up. I was very blessed to have never been spoiled on a single thing about Kingdom. It made my own reading experience so great. I do not want you to be spoiled.

Coalition War is the greatest arc in Kingdom and one of the greatest in all of manga. That's not even an exaggerating. Every single chapter in the arc was 10/10.

My man, you should probably avoid this section at all costs until you catch-up. I was very blessed to have never been spoiled on a single thing about Kingdom. It made my own reading experience so great. I do not want you to be spoiled.
Can't wait to read it then. The hype goes like brrr.

And noted, Imma try to avoid the Kingdom section as much as I can at least till I catch up. 400~ ish chapters left so yeah.... A few days probably.

I started it a few days ago thanks to @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung and I gotta admit that it's honestly amazing. Currently at chapter 252 and so far so good. I'm definitely enjoying it quite a lot. I obviously can't read it all in one go because I'm going to get tired pretty fast and I will probably miss a lot of stuff too. So I'd rather take it slowly but in a constant way. Probably the worst part was the beginning arc. It's not that is bad, but it's kinda... Let's just say that it wasn't as good as the rest.

With that being said if I ignore the beginning easily 9.5, got some nitpicks here and there but a nitpick is a nitpick at the end of the day. With the beginning arc it might go down by half a point or .75. A very very good read nontheless.
Seems I am the minority here, that enjoyed the first arc more than the second arc.

There are many many memorable moments in the first arc like Shin and Ei Sei hiding underground only to see blood from corpses dripping from above, the journey to seek Yotanwa's help and being captured in land of savages in the night, Yotanwa's throne with wolves below her feet, Shoubunkun (1 of best character) waiting patiently for the King near waterfall and then the raid to the palace. Iirc author also showed the GOAT Chancellor from his back during first arc.
While I don't really remember much from the second arc anymore, except the Founder Five of Hi Shin Unit, and iirc Duke Hyou vs the Painted Face General?

First post. There'll be a lot of them, but this one feels appropriate.

Kingdom. Is. My. Shit.

I have never read anything so consistently entertaining or good. I've reread it in its entirety no less than 10 times by now. Easily. My top 3 arcs are Coalition, Sanyou and Gyou. Not in any order, but those are my top 3 for now. What's remarkable though is that there a whole bunch of arcs in close proximity to them - Bayou was phenomenal, and this current arc is fucking fantastic.

If I had to rate it, 9/10 is the floor.

8/10

I have had too much problems with Kingdom for me to give it a 9. Specially post Kokuyou arc. General opinion of Gyou has risen dramatically. If you were reading that shit weekly you'd know how much shit it got from the fandom. But my complaints with it still remain and are some of the biggest negatives in the whole series. And it was too long an arc for me to ignore it.

Thereafter we saw the Chu city arc with Man'U and the boys and that was underwhelming ngl. They rushed to the conclusion way too fast. And i didn't care for a single one of those 4.

Then Kyourei arc... Phew

Kochou arc...underwhelming with borderline mary sue character writing for Kanki. Kanki army acting like bitches when Raido got killed(who couldn't follow simple orders might I add, even tho he is like the most sane person in that army). And Kochou smh

Then the current arc with Riboku and Qin both spawning soldiers...

Anyway I have spewed so much negativity yet I still have it at 8 because the earlier arcs still exist and Kingdom on binge gives me much needed hype. And I still love a lot of the characters which are written very well.

And I can completely understand anyone giving this series a 10 honestly

Well in that case, no spoilers, I can confirm that at chapter 719 Kingdom is still nowhere close to ending lol. It will break 1,000 chapters easily, I think it will end somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 chapters.
That's good enough ngl.

Aye, you're there. Well into it actually. Enjoy the ride.
Yeah, I noticed how screwed Qin is since I heard the coalition name. Imma just go to finish it asap lol, probably 20 to 30 chapters or so left ig

Let's go!

Got 2 characters more that I gotta add without a doubt: Duke Hyou and Kanki. The coalition war is making me appreciate them a lot more

Last edited:
I will give Kingdom a 10/10 for the enjoyment it brings toward me ever since chapter 1 and how badass Shin would become later on.
It brings suspense onto another level , cough cough the coalition arc and Riboku.
I would recommend it to anybody.