Character Discussion Rate Monkey D. Luffy As a Character

Rate Monkey D. Luffy As a Character

• Total voters
Annoying stereotypical shonen main character.

Ichigo>>>>>>>>>
Asta from Black Clover is your stereotypical annoying schounen MC taken to 11:gonope:

While I agree that Luffy does share a lot of similarities with other shounen MCs, he also has his moments and my only problem with him is that he hogs all the spotlight in terms of fights (3 fights with Kaido per arc? Seriously?). Overall I find him less annoying than, say, Natsu or Naruto.

I wonder if us not getting enough insight into his inner thoughts is a good thing or bad thing, on one hand, it's interesting to ponder what the hell is going on in his head, on another hand, maybe it's best that we don't know :sanmoji:

Luffy reminds me of Saitama from OPM.

Ichigo reminds me of that Beelzebub MC.

I'd say Ichigo is somewhat edgier, but overall he follows a lot of MC tropes - the chosen one, the determinator, the strongest one...

Luffy's character is literal shit.
One of the latest moments (he already showed more examples):

Just what the actual fuck, does he even have more than 3 brain cells?

Without plotarmor and his crew/ people who carry his plotty ass, he'd be dead ages ago.

Luffy's character is literal shit.
One of the latest moments (he already showed more examples):

Just what the actual fuck, does he even have more than 3 brain cells?

Without plotarmor and his crew/ people who carry his plotty ass, he'd be dead ages ago.
It goes both ways, without him, many would be dead ages ago including your favorite. The irony is that his plot armor is plot armor to his allies and crew. And there is nothing wrong with the panel you have shown. Your brain cells are even less than Luffy's if you don't understand such a simple fact.

Says he cares about his teammates, but acts irrationally putting them in danger, doesn't understand the responsibilities he has taken on, a 19 year old child. 5-10.
This is my main criticism of him. So many people keeo bringing up that dumb ass "character development isnt necessary for a good character" youtube essay, to defend luffy.

But luffy NEEEDS character development as a leader. Hes a dog shit leader with 1 good quality and that's his love for his crew. Other than that, hes dumb, irrational, cant make or follow plans, rarely gauges the situation.