General & Others Rate the One Piece Manga Overall

Rate One Piece

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
And Jamie. My god, did they ruin Jamie who was like, the best or second best Fucking character in the show and in television history,

D&D should be tried for first degree rape for what they did to Jamie.
They ruined everything. Not a single good thing came out of that season. Devastating.

It gets a bit clunky towards the season 3 territory, but overall a superb manga/anime with only minimal flaws. Imo.
I heard the anime is amazing. Unfortunately I don't have the time to watch it now so I am reading. I am at the part where Eren is practicing to harden himself to get back Wall Maria.

You still need to read Kingdom which is the pinnacle of Eastern story-telling. Lol
I keep postponing it lol.

6/10 for me.

Pre timeskip OP had moments that I would give a 9 or a 10. Still ultimately inferior to manga like Berserk or Kingdom, but there were still great aspects of the pre timeskip era.

Post timeskip OP, for the most part, has been so awful that it almost entirely ruined the pre timeskip. It has been GoT season 8 level bad, so bad that it ruins previously great material (particularly Wano).

So overall I give One Piss an extremely overly generous 6/10.
I 100% agree with this
OP dropped from my top 3 to the 7th place and nostalgia plays a huge part in this ranking
Maybe the final saga can rescue OP for me, it can still reach the 5th place. I will see how it goes, Iโ€™m even considering a long break if the remaining chapters of 2022 are bad.

Got season 8 destroyed the entire series for me. I donโ€™t have the urge to rewatch it. OP is still not on that level but Wano nearly destroyed everything for me. Maybe the worst arc in Shonen for me.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Lmfao how was Katakuri ruined in Wano I'm curious?
Oda took the aspect of Katakuriโ€™s character that made him unique, Future Sight, and he just gave it to Kaido for no reason and without giving a fuck.

Oda didnโ€™t have to give Kaido future sight on top of everything else he had, nobody was asking for Kaido to have future sight, Kaido having future sight served almost no narrative purpose, but Oda shat the bed and gave Kaido future sight for no fucking reason.

Like imagine if after Dressrosa, Oda introduced a second Zatoichi for no fucking reason. Like he just drew a Zatoichi not named Fujitora, who shows up for one chapter, gets defeated, and never appears in the manga again. The second Zatoichi would be a completely pointless inclusion and only serves to make Fujitora less unique.

That is Kaido and future sight. Oda really thought a giant stupid meathead like Kaido really needed an incredibly nuanced power like future sight for no fucking reason lol. And now Katakuri is much less unique for it.

Oda took the aspect of Katakuriโ€™s character that made him unique, Future Sight, and he just gave it to Kaido for no reason and without giving a fuck.

Oda didnโ€™t have to give Kaido future sight on top of everything else he had, nobody was asking for Kaido to have future sight, Kaido having future sight served almost no narrative purpose, but Oda shat the bed and gave Kaido future sight for no fucking reason.

Like imagine if after Dressrosa, Oda introduced a second Zatoichi for no fucking reason. Like he just drew a Zatoichi not named Fujitora, who shows up for one chapter, gets defeated, and never appears in the manga again. The second Zatoichi would be a completely pointless inclusion and only serves to make Fujitora less unique.

That is Kaido and future sight. Oda really thought a giant stupid meathead like Kaido really needed an incredibly nuanced power like future sight for no fucking reason lol. And now Katakuri is much less unique for it.
If anything it's reverse. Besides kata is the only one who uses it always unlike kaido or luffy