Super Role Madness Re:Zero: Starting Life in Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I thought you had two wincons: fix Mango (bad for me lol) or eliminate us (even worse lol). I had no idea how to kill you so I was just gonna try to end game you/game remove you lol.

But you getting away I meant getting a win on you while you were pro town lol
I was pretty much resigned to the town losing after Day 2, I could see the writing on the wall. Basically played exclusively to get Mango, and to do so I had a litany of abilities lined up.

I'll give you props, as town I don't think I would have got you this game. Not until a certain point at least, and by then it may be too late. I don't know about Flower - on play, I had her as scum for a while because the majority of her content was fluff-posts and excuses, and I was almost certain she had to be scum after the night lynch where she just didn't play, despite demanding a solve, but I think the fake Otto flip was going to be tough to solve through. If Flower was town up until her death though, I think that was a poor performance from her. If scum throughout, then I would say she was carried through the fake flip, but otherwise solid enough.

I think town were as bad as I've ever seen them. I straight up didn't use most of my abilities because I wanted to play reasonably neutral up until a point. Michelle was good and made herself obvious town, and I think Naomi gave a sincere effort, and Jaguark was good for his experience level, and that's about it. I was actually quite nervous about not being able to get Mango out, because I felt like it was the only shot I had. I think the fact several townies wanted to claim I was harmful to them or Anti-Town is a testament to this - they simply could not see the forest for the trees. I did super protect you because I thought you were town and actually felt bad about not doing enough to help, but that's just good play on your part.

I think the rest of your scum team was fairly unsurprising. The bottom line is that the players who were lynched just didn't care to help their team - AM modkilled, Gambit prioritised surviving the lynch over clearing himself, HWHNE I think goes without saying, and Orwellian was lazy and disinterested. None of these people really can complain about their lynches.

I think @Joygirl did play with effort overall so you can't really ask for more. But the majority just didn't care which is impossible to overcome. I think you would need to be perfect to win a game with this team.

Congrats anyhow. I was glad I was able to get my wincon in the end - I had an ability saved where I could ensure my next action didn't miss, and also had a second superkill saved in case my first failed. Once I unlocked my last ability and saw it was a game remove though, I just wanted it sent ASAP so used that and the redirection immune thing to help out.

I think in hindsight, your death and then instant revive, and the dismission on what I said about Red Night, should have been red flags to me. Also I did think Flower's role was too strong for Otto but I dunno if that was good reasoning or if she was Otta and then recruited into Mafia. I suspect the former, I don't love fake flips on principle so I think there is some valid complaints around there. I remember sniffing around Flower as scum only for Fang to tell me she was town so eh, I don't think I could reasonably have done much more for the town without actually being town.

Why would you gun for me anyway though? I suppose you assumed I could not win outside of Red Mafia being eliminated, but I felt like it was fairly obvious I was mailing it in since like Day 2.
Are you still hosting the Valentines game mid february? If not do you think I have the time to host a small 12-15 players game before your game starts?

I was pretty much resigned to the town losing after Day 2, I could see the writing on the wall. Basically played exclusively to get Mango, and to do so I had a litany of abilities lined up.

I'll give you props, as town I don't think I would have got you this game. Not until a certain point at least, and by then it may be too late. I don't know about Flower - on play, I had her as scum for a while because the majority of her content was fluff-posts and excuses, and I was almost certain she had to be scum after the night lynch where she just didn't play, despite demanding a solve, but I think the fake Otto flip was going to be tough to solve through. If Flower was town up until her death though, I think that was a poor performance from her. If scum throughout, then I would say she was carried through the fake flip, but otherwise solid enough.

I think town were as bad as I've ever seen them. I straight up didn't use most of my abilities because I wanted to play reasonably neutral up until a point. Michelle was good and made herself obvious town, and I think Naomi gave a sincere effort, and Jaguark was good for his experience level, and that's about it. I was actually quite nervous about not being able to get Mango out, because I felt like it was the only shot I had. I think the fact several townies wanted to claim I was harmful to them or Anti-Town is a testament to this - they simply could not see the forest for the trees. I did super protect you because I thought you were town and actually felt bad about not doing enough to help, but that's just good play on your part.

I think the rest of your scum team was fairly unsurprising. The bottom line is that the players who were lynched just didn't care to help their team - AM modkilled, Gambit prioritised surviving the lynch over clearing himself, HWHNE I think goes without saying, and Orwellian was lazy and disinterested. None of these people really can complain about their lynches.

I think @Joygirl did play with effort overall so you can't really ask for more. But the majority just didn't care which is impossible to overcome. I think you would need to be perfect to win a game with this team.

Congrats anyhow. I was glad I was able to get my wincon in the end - I had an ability saved where I could ensure my next action didn't miss, and also had a second superkill saved in case my first failed. Once I unlocked my last ability and saw it was a game remove though, I just wanted it sent ASAP so used that and the redirection immune thing to help out.

I think in hindsight, your death and then instant revive, and the dismission on what I said about Red Night, should have been red flags to me. Also I did think Flower's role was too strong for Otto but I dunno if that was good reasoning or if she was Otta and then recruited into Mafia. I suspect the former, I don't love fake flips on principle so I think there is some valid complaints around there. I remember sniffing around Flower as scum only for Fang to tell me she was town so eh, I don't think I could reasonably have done much more for the town without actually being town.
Flower V1 actually was town lol. She just subbed in for Red Night.

But yeah, I agree with the town lmao. Fwiw, I fully believed HeWho was purple scum lol.

I tried to rolecop you but didn’t get your role lol. Just your flavor. Had I know you just needed to kill Mango after I got him I wouldn’t have been worried about you and would have been content to let you do your thing lol.

Ratchet

@Ratchet Mango didn’t unseal himself, I had the ability to do it and it was part of my teams wincon lol. So you seemed to be our direct opposite lol
I could only kill him when he was unsealed. I was pretty happy with my read on the setup this game to be honest - I correctly deduced Pot was a self-kill, and I knew I couldn't do anything to Mango until a certain point. Only error there was it wasn't time based, which I thought because my super bulletproof expired after night 3.

Ratchet

Flower V1 actually was town lol. She just subbed in for Red Night.

But yeah, I agree with the town lmao. Fwiw, I fully believed HeWho was purple scum lol.

I tried to rolecop you but didn’t get your role lol. Just your flavor. Had I know you just needed to kill Mango after I got him I wouldn’t have been worried about you and would have been content to let you do your thing lol.
I have to ask - did Town Flower know she was in a chat with scum and worked around subbing in to get that, or nah? I'd be disappointed if that's the case but I don't see much of an explanation for her play up until now. Namely, the last cycle.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I could only kill him when he was unsealed. I was pretty happy with my read on the setup this game to be honest - I correctly deduced Pot was a self-kill, and I knew I couldn't do anything to Mango until a certain point. Only error there was it wasn't time based, which I thought because my super bulletproof expired after night 3.
We had tea together as well
:feelsokeman:

You had me stressed every single night starting N2 lol. I was like “bro this is so unfair he can seal him so much easier than I can unseal him”

Flower was town, she subbed into red nights slot which was scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.