• Raiden Tameemon vs Shiva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddha vs Zerofuku/Hajin

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
I bet Artemis will show up in the Apollo fight. Maybe Hera will too tbh.

I kind of wish there were more pantheons represented in Ragnarok. We have 4 Greek Gods and 3 Norse Gods in the tournament after all. I wish there was gods from Aztec mythology, African mythology, Slavic, Celtic mythology and maybe even Lovecraftian figures like Cthulhu on the god's side.

Ra could have been a good choice too, he, Zeus and Odin could have acted as a "leader" trio of the Gods.

I bet Artemis will show up in the Apollo fight. Maybe Hera will too tbh.

I kind of wish there were more pantheons represented in Ragnarok. We have 4 Greek Gods and 3 Norse Gods in the tournament after all. I wish there was gods from Aztec mythology, African mythology, Slavic, Celtic mythology and maybe even Lovecraftian figures like Cthulhu on the god's side.

Ra could have been a good choice too, he, Zeus and Odin could have acted as a "leader" trio of the Gods.
The lack of Roman gods actually surprised me, tbh.

To be fair, most major Roman gods are just a direct Greek pantheon reskin so I can understand why the author did not bother with the Roman pantheon in general.

Janus the Roman God of Doors is not a Greek ripoff though. :madmonk:
Fair enough.

@TheKnightOfTheSea had a good point about Greek gods' dominance, by the way. I think each divine pantheon should have been limited to 3 fighters.

At least Africa is represented by Anubis. Oceania and The Americas are completely shut out. Apollo and Susano'o could have easily been replaced by, for example, Maui and Mictlantecuhtli.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
The lack of Roman gods actually surprised me, tbh.
To be fair, most major Roman gods are just a direct Greek pantheon reskin so I can understand why the author did not bother with the Roman pantheon in general.

Janus the Roman God of Doors is not a Greek ripoff though. :madmonk:
Fun fact, Apollo is the only major Greek God who doesn't have another name in Roman mythology. (For example, Posedion is Neptune in Rome).

Perhaps that will come to play during his fight somehow? :bamathink:

Prediction for remaining humans volunds:

Leonidas-Spear or Armor.

Qin Shi Huang - Terracotta Army or these:
Tesla - I think his volund will allow him to create shit in the middle of combat, or something to do with electricity, but idk lol. Sky's the limit for him.

Hayha- Obviously a sniper rifle lol.

Kintoki - In the legends about him, it appears he didn't use any weapon. Idk I think a club would work for him,

Souji Okita - He was seen using a sword, but I'm not 100% if that will be his volund. It likely will tho, if I had to wager.

Nostradamus - ???? I want him to start pimp slapping mfs with a book lol, but I have no real idea tbh.

Rasputin - Idk why, but I think it will be a cross. Just cause it would look dope aesthetically.

Fun fact, Apollo is the only major Greek God who doesn't have another name in Roman mythology. (For example, Posedion is Neptune in Rome).

Perhaps that will come to play during his fight somehow? :bamathink:

Prediction for remaining humans volunds:

Leonidas-Spear or Armor.

Qin Shi Huang - Terracotta Army or these:
Tesla - I think his volund will allow him to create shit in the middle of combat, or something to do with electricity, but idk lol. Sky's the limit for him.

Hayha- Obviously a sniper rifle lol.

Kintoki - In the legends about him, it appears he didn't use any weapon. Idk I think a club would work for him,

Souji Okita - He was seen using a sword, but I'm not 100% if that will be his volund. It likely will tho, if I had to wager.

Nostradamus - ???? I want him to start pimp slapping mfs with a book lol, but I have no real idea tbh.

Rasputin - Idk why, but I think it will be a cross. Just cause it would look dope aesthetically.
Fun. :cheers:

I'm game:

Leonidas = Spear and shield.

Qin = If he can summon armies, we need a bigger arena. Otherwise, metal claws look dope.

Tesla = Definitely a gadget, I just don't know what. Something like a portable but gigantic taser, maybe.

Okita = Most definitely a sword.

Kintoki = A naginata or a bisento.

Nostradamus = Something hax, like a book whose content written in it can come true if enough people believe in it.

Rasputin = He is a holy healer and Russia's greatest love machine, after all. So...you're right, a cross.

Simo = An obvious choice would be his rifle, but what if the authors make a swerve and give bullets or even his dog as the volund?

Also, not that I doubt Apollo could be a roman god, but that would necessitate explaining why the Roman pantheon has not appeared so far.

I think the author just wanted to use Gods that most readers will immediately recognize. That makes it easier to get hyped for them and write for them. Adding things like Quetzalcoatl or Cthulhu would have been difficult to write for.

This is why I hate monthly series and can't read them at all. I stopped a few chapters ago so that I can binge them and now, I've forgotten so much stuff. Not just the minor details but many important plot points. I need a recap now. Maybe it's just my memory, lol.

Anyways, this is such a good series. I wish it was weekly or biweekly but yeah. Maybe I'll read it from the start after some years, lol.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
we will have 2 chapters for this month (Chapter 54 and 55)
We know that Bango lol. And not only that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShuumatsuNoValkyrie/comments/q4i2c9

1.) Lead color page to announce the results of the popularity poll

2.) The 13 winners of the contest of mangahot will appear in the audience in the next issue

3.) Double chapter

4.) TV broadcast of the anime and second season in production

Bonus: Towards the bottom of the blurbs it says the "scariest god" appears in round 7 ๐Ÿ‘€

@Owl Ki @The White Crane @Kejon @Veljko @Yoru @Nel-Zel fiasco etc etc
Post automatically merged:

Buddha better be top 1.