Rewrite this plot element - WCI Edition

Hello Worst Gen! The votes from the winner's prompt thread of our last competition are in, and the most popular choice was 'Rewrite this plot element - WCI edition'. Just like last time, the brief will be a 500 word explanation on how you would rewrite any aspect of the WCI arc. This can include fights (e.g. Luffy vs Katakuri), character interactions (e.g. Sanji and Judge) and major plot events (e.g. the Tamatebako explosion).

The rules are pretty much the same as last time but I'll put them here just in case.

1. Strict 500 word limit. All entries over the limit will be cut off.

2. Focus on ONE ELEMENT of WCI only. For example, if you chose to write about Sanji and Judge, you cannot veer off-topic and talk about how you would rewrite the wedding cake chase scene as well. Stick to one or the other.

3. The time limit will be about one week, I'll be closing entries on Monday morning 5 July AEDT.

4. All entries should be sent to me via PM. You may edit your entry up until the closing date, provided it does not exceed the word limit.

The prize will once again be a piece of individualised writing (approx 750-1000 words) based on a prompt chosen by the winner. The winner's prompt will be featured as a bonus scene in my ongoing fanfiction series, the newest chapter being available today at: https://archiveofourown.org/works/29781252/chapters/79843522

I'll also leave a sample of what a rewritten plot element might look like:
I would rewrite Charlotte Compote to become an actual antagonist instead of a background object with the personality of soggy cardboard. I would give her Mont D'Or's strategic role, having her direct the BMP as they pursued the Straw Hats. I would expand her role as the eldest Charlotte daughter, giving her a commanding personality and a strong desire to keep her sisters in line. She would criticise Brulee for allowing herself to be captured multiple times, and direct Smoothie's all-female brigade in combat against Germa and the Sun Pirates.

@Tris @RayanOO @Marimo_420 @Owl Ki @solis @Ten Yaksha Blother @TheAncientCenturion @Tobi @BleakAsh @Lindltaylor @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Dragomir @KiriNigiri @Guan Yu @Dark Admiral @Jewnicorn Fitness @Steven @Oblivion @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Jaguark101 @Luffy is the mc @Inflamed Haki @imacub @Lone Laguna Espada @mly90 @Koinboin @SHIHI @Kromage911 @hedera__helix @Reborn @BangMi @SinOfGreed @Missy @Den_Den_Mushi @AL sama @I'mTired @Gol D. Roger @Fujishiro @Udell @Rivaille @Nana @Silver @Kiwipom @Horo Horo Musume @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @KINGKONGGUN15 @Veku @Gari @Bounty @TheKnightOfTheSea @Zoro D Goat @Melontonin @Horo Horo Musume @Gari @Constantine @Doggo @hime @Nana @Kiwipom @Ekkologix @Fujishiro @SHIHI @SmokedOut
@Light D Lamperouge
@Red Dog
@Fuckthis3
@Akai2
@Finalbeta
@kentasaiba
@ranady
@Prince Kronos
@Amparezy
@Nana
@Sunita
@LANJI CUCKSMOKE
@Jew D. Boy
@Bogard
@Panties Hunter
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Tris
@kumae
@nik87
@Nefertari Rhea
@Monarch
@Cinera
@Shishi
@Haoshoku
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@BossYimz
@Rivaille
@Reborn
@Geo
@Buggy D Clown
@Mikail
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Thabeast
@stormylife
@MasterD
@Camie
@Monet
@Sade
@Rukusho
@playa4321
@Dragomir
@HAJIKATA
@Reddot4
@Grumpy Zoro
@Aknolagon
@Ice devil slayer
@Zoro
@zorojurou
@Foxy Bunny
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KiriNigiri
@RZ.119
@Greenbeard
@Queen
@Mr. Bushido
@Guymieux
@IceWitch
@Dark Hound
@RyumaZoro
@Himura
@Fenaker
@yorosenpai
@yj
@Sievas
@MarimoHeado
@Orojackson Refugee
@Gensui Sazid
@bblue
@Tamerani
@Zowo
@style
@Sword God Ryuma
@Yo Tan Wa
@Sentinel
@Kejon
@Topi Jerami
@HA001
@Zorojuro
@Patryipe
@SHIHI
@KINGKONGGUN15
@Murilo
@Owl Ki
@Blackbeard
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@silverfire
@LolonoisZolo
@Akai
@Just a member
@MarineHQ62
@Jiihad
@Shanks Joestar
@ShishioIsBack
@baboura
@mad monk
@Zenos7
@Venom
@Daisuke Jigen
@Luffy is the mc
@Enma
@Ryuma
@Scarletmoon
@MasterD
@Trueprodigy
@Dark Admiral
@Artorias
@Silver
@Boboyo
@Fiji
@Gangstalicios
@Don DaSlayer
@Natalija
@rednose
@Gol D. Roger
@Pantheos
@Van
@Jo_Ndule
@Red Admiral
@Mihawksenpai
@Albino 👑
@Rukusho
@ShadyOjiro
@Shuyaku
@King7
@Fujishiro
@Garp the Fist
@VersusPhD
@Tobi
@salam22
@İsrafil2002
@BangMi
@RayanOO
@Tekashi69420
@uyuu
@stairs-kun @Udell @ArdynIzunia

G

Gorosei Informer

Just an update, I'm totally resisting to do more Sanji stuff, especially in regards to the Vinsmokes. Since I'm not going to do this idea, I'm gonna share what the plan was for it anyway. I wanted Sanji to fight each of his brothers, like he did with Yonji but he fights Niji and then Ichiji and shows that he was the strongest all along.

Ends up gaining their respect by force and through actual skill, hard work, determination and such too, by refusing to be like them, being himself and such. Turning his emotions into strength and using them to excel vs his brothers. Unleashing the ultimate form of Hell's Memories due to his resurfaced memories of all the Hell they put him through too, so it would be the most karmic and ironic payback he could do to them too.

I would have him actually challenging Judge again and this time, not letting Judge use his cheap tricks and beat him fairly, showing himself to be truly superior to all of them, but through strength of character and heart, not the heartless, dishonourable methods they chose.

I actually wanted Reiju to leave Germa and become a SH or an official ally or Grand Fleet member or w/e. Maybe her and Sanji to take over Germa and reform it into the biggest mobile restaurant kingdom to ever exist. (And probably the only ofc LOL) My friend had the idea of Sanji turning Germa's kingdom into a mobile restaurant which would be GENIUS!

I just realised the sheer irony of the French themed Sanji and his Vinsmoke family relying on GIANT SNAILS too and Sanji being a chef as well, a French chef for even FURTHER IRONY!
(In before Elsa Sanji starts singing Let it Escargot, Dont care about "her" family anymore?")

:gokulaugh::vistalaugh::rolaugh:

Seriously though, this isn't my idea for this contest, just something I came up with now and experimenting with as well. I've wanted to rewrite Sanji and Vinsmokes but that would take a lot more than 500 words even as an outline and I don't want to do another Sanji one for this WCI rewrite too.

My actual entry will be something and someone completely different at least, I have several ideas for WCI on what to rewrite, what needs to be changed and what not. Torn between a somewhat silly idea and a very different but more serious idea atm too.

@Den_Den_Mushi Can we include the SHs who aren't at WCI as part of the rewrite? For example, how we would write Robin at WCI?

Just looking at your given example too, god Oda dropped the ball with Compote SO HARD too! Even brought her to Wano and then made the BM pirates irrelevant and just a literal repeating gag and meme to really add the insult to injury!

:nicagesmile::king::memehm::phoenixmarco:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Den_Den_Mushi Can we include the SHs who aren't at WCI as part of the rewrite? For example, how we would write Robin at WCI?

Just looking at your given example too, god Oda dropped the ball with Compote SO HARD too! Even brought her to Wano and then made the BM pirates irrelevant and just a literal repeating gag and meme to really add the insult to injury!
You can… but you’d have to explain which particular element of WCI would be improved with them in it. You can’t just write ‘Zoro goes to WCI, murders all 3 Vinsmoke brothers, Smoothie and Big Mom’. However something like ‘Zoro being involved in the Wedding Cake chase deflecting Smoothie’s slashes to make her look less incompetent’ would be fine.

Compote is pretty much worse than Smoothie given that she was introduced alongside Daifuku and Oven but did less than Flampe. For someone on their level, her portrayal was gobsmackingly bad.

sorry @Den_Den_Mushi

I don't think "rewrite a single arc" is a logical thing to do ... if a fan wants to truly rewrite an arc ... they should also be able to change last and next arcs ... that's how edits truly works ... so I honestly doubt "rewriter" an arc is a good idea even for fun ... maybe we can make the original pacing a bit faster so arc become shorter and on point ... but recreating an arc like a stand alone can't REALLY work ...

p.s
btw ... we don't know how Oda want to reuse what he said in WCI ... so while I don't think WCI is a good arc I don't think we can have any better fan version ... I hope someone prove me wrong in future by writing it ... but I still think all most of you can do is make the pacing better or give few good moments to some characters .... but current plot is the best we can have

sorry @Den_Den_Mushi

I don't think "rewrite a single arc" is a logical thing to do ... if a fan wants to truly rewrite an arc ... they should also be able to change last and next arcs ... that's how edits truly works ... so I honestly doubt "rewriter" an arc is a good idea even for fun ... maybe we can make the original pacing a bit faster so arc become shorter and on point ... but recreating an arc like a stand alone can't REALLY work ...

p.s
btw ... we don't know how Oda want to reuse what he said in WCI ... so while I don't think WCI is a good arc I don't think we can have any better fan version ... I hope someone prove me wrong in future by writing it ... but I still think all most of you can do is make the pacing better or give few good moments to some characters .... but current plot is the best we can have
Did you even read the original post?

I said it once and I’ll say it again. YOU ARE NOT REWRITING THE ENTIRE ARC. The word limit is 500, it’s pure insanity to think you can rewrite an arc in that amount of words.

You are rewriting an ELEMENT of the arc. This can be a character, a scene, a plot point (eg Sanji and the Vinsmokes). One element. That’s it.

Please read the sample and the thread before commenting next time. Thanks.

G

Gorosei Informer

You can… but you’d have to explain which particular element of WCI would be improved with them in it. You can’t just write ‘Zoro goes to WCI, murders all 3 Vinsmoke brothers, Smoothie and Big Mom’. However something like ‘Zoro being involved in the Wedding Cake chase deflecting Smoothie’s slashes to make her look less incompetent’ would be fine.

Compote is pretty much worse than Smoothie given that she was introduced alongside Daifuku and Oven but did less than Flampe. For someone on their level, her portrayal was gobsmackingly bad.

Aye thanks, I was toying with an idea for Franky at WCI but I don't think it would necessarily improve the arc, well that element of it or so but just be something nice for the fans especially Franky ones ofc.

I have something else in mind involving a certain Big Mom pirate and their role at WCI though.

I like that idea for Zoro vs Smoothie too btw! I wish we actually had that happen with the whole crew actually being there too.

Yeah I cannot absolutely fathom what Oda was thinking with Compote, it really is incomprehensible. Your idea for her alone is much better and the sad thing is, he didn't even try with her, so we can't even compare but given how you made Compote a lot better so seemingly easily too, just really makes his lack of effort all the worse.

Now I'm definitely tempted to write out my idea I had for Compote before and work some other ideas around her into one singular idea, all forming one element of WCI to make it better. I think I have a solid idea of what I want to do finally, I'll submit my entry soon, cheers!

:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

I've finally submittted my entry, honestly this was much harder to do than I expected. I thought I would have so many opportunities with WCI, so much choice like a "kid in a candy store" ironically, but I actually really struggled with it. Maybe it's a lack of creativity/writer's block on my part or I actually am more accepting/enjoyed WCI more than I previously thought?

I did have some ideas for Galette, Pudding, Pedro, Chopper, Compote and so on. Also on a random note, my idea for Compote was meant to involve her having the literal "fruit fruit DF" but Smoothie was meant to have it canonically apparently! Oda almost gave it to her! What a missed opportunity, I almost wrote up a concept on that DF involving weaponised fruit in a similar vein to Donkey Kong 64 and the Worms games which weaponise fruits as explosives for example.

Anyway, I'm not sure how good my actual entry is, but I decided to write one up and do it as best as I could. I wanted to make sure I did submit something and enter this contest before time ran out. I also wish the best of luck to all the entrees, the last contest was very interesting and this is such a brilliant concept and opportunity!

:goatasure::memehm::fullmom::finally:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, just a reminder that entries close on Monday morning AEDT, the weekend may be a good time to translate your vision of WCI onto a page :queenmoji:

@Tris @RayanOO @Marimo_420 @Owl Ki @solis @Ten Yaksha Blother @TheAncientCenturion @Tobi @BleakAsh @Lindltaylor @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Dragomir @KiriNigiri @Guan Yu @Dark Admiral @Jewnicorn Fitness @Steven @Oblivion @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Jaguark101 @Luffy is the mc @Inflamed Haki @imacub @Lone Laguna Espada @mly90 @Koinboin @SHIHI @Kromage911 @hedera__helix @Reborn @BangMi @SinOfGreed @Missy @Den_Den_Mushi @AL sama @I'mTired @Gol D. Roger @Fujishiro @Udell @Rivaille @Nana @Silver @Kiwipom @Horo Horo Musume @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @KINGKONGGUN15 @Veku @Gari @Bounty @TheKnightOfTheSea @Zoro D Goat @Melontonin @Horo Horo Musume @Gari @Constantine @Doggo @hime @Nana @Kiwipom @Ekkologix @Fujishiro @SHIHI @SmokedOut
@Light D Lamperouge
@Red Dog
@Fuckthis3
@Akai2
@Finalbeta
@kentasaiba
@ranady
@Prince Kronos
@Amparezy
@Nana
@Sunita
@LANJI CUCKSMOKE
@Jew D. Boy
@Bogard
@Panties Hunter
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Tris
@kumae
@nik87
@Nefertari Rhea
@Monarch
@Cinera
@Shishi
@Haoshoku
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@BossYimz
@Rivaille
@Reborn
@Geo
@Buggy D Clown
@Mikail
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Thabeast
@stormylife
@MasterD
@Camie
@Monet
@Sade
@Rukusho
@playa4321
@Dragomir
@HAJIKATA
@Reddot4
@Grumpy Zoro
@Aknolagon
@Ice devil slayer
@Zoro
@zorojurou
@Foxy Bunny
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KiriNigiri
@RZ.119
@Greenbeard
@Queen
@Mr. Bushido
@Guymieux
@IceWitch
@Dark Hound
@RyumaZoro
@Himura
@Fenaker
@yorosenpai
@yj
@Sievas
@MarimoHeado
@Orojackson Refugee
@Gensui Sazid
@bblue
@Tamerani
@Zowo
@style
@Sword God Ryuma
@Yo Tan Wa
@Sentinel
@Kejon
@Topi Jerami
@HA001
@Zorojuro
@Patryipe
@SHIHI
@KINGKONGGUN15
@Murilo
@Owl Ki
@Blackbeard
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@silverfire
@LolonoisZolo
@Akai
@Just a member
@MarineHQ62
@Jiihad
@Shanks Joestar
@ShishioIsBack
@baboura
@mad monk
@Zenos7
@Venom
@Daisuke Jigen
@Luffy is the mc
@Enma
@Ryuma
@Scarletmoon
@MasterD
@Trueprodigy
@Dark Admiral
@Artorias
@Silver
@Boboyo
@Fiji
@Gangstalicios
@Don DaSlayer
@Natalija
@rednose
@Gol D. Roger
@Pantheos
@Van
@Jo_Ndule
@Red Admiral
@Mihawksenpai
@Albino 👑
@Rukusho
@ShadyOjiro
@Shuyaku
@King7
@Fujishiro
@Garp the Fist
@VersusPhD
@Tobi
@salam22
@İsrafil2002
@BangMi
@RayanOO
@Tekashi69420
@uyuu

Hello all, just a reminder that entries close on Monday morning AEDT, the weekend may be a good time to translate your vision of WCI onto a page :queenmoji:

@Light D Lamperouge
@Red Dog
@Fuckthis3
@Akai2
@Finalbeta
@kentasaiba
@ranady
@Prince Kronos
@Amparezy
@Nana
@Sunita
@LANJI CUCKSMOKE
@Jew D. Boy
@Bogard
@Panties Hunter
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Tris
@kumae
@nik87
@Nefertari Rhea
@Monarch
@Cinera
@Shishi
@Haoshoku
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@BossYimz
@Rivaille
@Reborn
@Geo
@Buggy D Clown
@Mikail
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Thabeast
@stormylife
@MasterD
@Camie
@Monet
@Sade
@Rukusho
@playa4321
@Dragomir
@HAJIKATA
@Reddot4
@Grumpy Zoro
@Aknolagon
@Ice devil slayer
@Zoro
@zorojurou
@Foxy Bunny
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KiriNigiri
@RZ.119
@Greenbeard
@Queen
@Mr. Bushido
@Guymieux
@IceWitch
@Dark Hound
@RyumaZoro
@Himura
@Fenaker
@yorosenpai
@yj
@Sievas
@MarimoHeado
@Orojackson Refugee
@Gensui Sazid
@bblue
@Tamerani
@Zowo
@style
@Sword God Ryuma
@Yo Tan Wa
@Sentinel
@Kejon
@Topi Jerami
@HA001
@Zorojuro
@Patryipe
@SHIHI
@KINGKONGGUN15
@Murilo
@Owl Ki
@Blackbeard
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@silverfire
@LolonoisZolo
@Akai
@Just a member
@MarineHQ62
@Jiihad
@Shanks Joestar
@ShishioIsBack
@baboura
@mad monk
@Zenos7
@Venom
@Daisuke Jigen
@Luffy is the mc
@Enma
@Ryuma
@Scarletmoon
@MasterD
@Trueprodigy
@Dark Admiral
@Artorias
@Silver
@Boboyo
@Fiji
@Gangstalicios
@Don DaSlayer
@Natalija
@rednose
@Gol D. Roger
@Pantheos
@Van
@Jo_Ndule
@Red Admiral
@Mihawksenpai
@Albino 👑
@Rukusho
@ShadyOjiro
@Shuyaku
@King7
@Fujishiro
@Garp the Fist
@VersusPhD
@Tobi
@salam22
@İsrafil2002
@BangMi
@RayanOO
@Tekashi69420
@uyuu
Sorry it seems i haven't got the time to participate, i'll comment and have fun in the voting section though.

Aye thanks, I was toying with an idea for Franky at WCI but I don't think it would necessarily improve the arc, well that element of it or so but just be something nice for the fans especially Franky ones ofc.

I have something else in mind involving a certain Big Mom pirate and their role at WCI though.

I like that idea for Zoro vs Smoothie too btw! I wish we actually had that happen with the whole crew actually being there too.

Yeah I cannot absolutely fathom what Oda was thinking with Compote, it really is incomprehensible. Your idea for her alone is much better and the sad thing is, he didn't even try with her, so we can't even compare but given how you made Compote a lot better so seemingly easily too, just really makes his lack of effort all the worse.

Now I'm definitely tempted to write out my idea I had for Compote before and work some other ideas around her into one singular idea, all forming one element of WCI to make it better. I think I have a solid idea of what I want to do finally, I'll submit my entry soon, cheers!

:cheers:

I've finally submittted my entry, honestly this was much harder to do than I expected. I thought I would have so many opportunities with WCI, so much choice like a "kid in a candy store" ironically, but I actually really struggled with it. Maybe it's a lack of creativity/writer's block on my part or I actually am more accepting/enjoyed WCI more than I previously thought?

I did have some ideas for Galette, Pudding, Pedro, Chopper, Compote and so on. Also on a random note, my idea for Compote was meant to involve her having the literal "fruit fruit DF" but Smoothie was meant to have it canonically apparently! Oda almost gave it to her! What a missed opportunity, I almost wrote up a concept on that DF involving weaponised fruit in a similar vein to Donkey Kong 64 and the Worms games which weaponise fruits as explosives for example.

Anyway, I'm not sure how good my actual entry is, but I decided to write one up and do it as best as I could. I wanted to make sure I did submit something and enter this contest before time ran out. I also wish the best of luck to all the entrees, the last contest was very interesting and this is such a brilliant concept and opportunity!

:goatasure::memehm::fullmom::finally:
So much positivity in this post :funky:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

@Light D Lamperouge
@Red Dog
@Fuckthis3
@Akai2
@Finalbeta
@kentasaiba
@ranady
@Prince Kronos
@Amparezy
@Nana
@Sunita
@LANJI CUCKSMOKE
@Jew D. Boy
@Bogard
@Panties Hunter
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Tris
@kumae
@nik87
@Nefertari Rhea
@Monarch
@Cinera
@Shishi
@Haoshoku
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@BossYimz
@Rivaille
@Reborn
@Geo
@Buggy D Clown
@Mikail
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Thabeast
@stormylife
@MasterD
@Camie
@Monet
@Sade
@Rukusho
@playa4321
@Dragomir
@HAJIKATA
@Reddot4
@Grumpy Zoro
@Aknolagon
@Ice devil slayer
@Zoro
@zorojurou
@Foxy Bunny
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KiriNigiri
@RZ.119
@Greenbeard
@Queen
@Mr. Bushido
@Guymieux
@IceWitch
@Dark Hound
@RyumaZoro
@Himura
@Fenaker
@yorosenpai
@yj
@Sievas
@MarimoHeado
@Orojackson Refugee
@Gensui Sazid
@bblue
@Tamerani
@Zowo
@style
@Sword God Ryuma
@Yo Tan Wa
@Sentinel
@Kejon
@Topi Jerami
@HA001
@Zorojuro
@Patryipe
@SHIHI
@KINGKONGGUN15
@Murilo
@Owl Ki
@Blackbeard
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@silverfire
@LolonoisZolo
@Akai
@Just a member
@MarineHQ62
@Jiihad
@Shanks Joestar
@ShishioIsBack
@baboura
@mad monk
@Zenos7
@Venom
@Daisuke Jigen
@Luffy is the mc
@Enma
@Ryuma
@Scarletmoon
@MasterD
@Trueprodigy
@Dark Admiral
@Artorias
@Silver
@Boboyo
@Fiji
@Gangstalicios
@Don DaSlayer
@Natalija
@rednose
@Gol D. Roger
@Pantheos
@Van
@Jo_Ndule
@Red Admiral
@Mihawksenpai
@Albino 👑
@Rukusho
@ShadyOjiro
@Shuyaku
@King7
@Fujishiro
@Garp the Fist
@VersusPhD
@Tobi
@salam22
@İsrafil2002
@BangMi
@RayanOO
@Tekashi69420
@uyuu
Damn. I most likely won't have the time to participate in this one, sorry Den, but I look forward to reading the rest of the entries. Good luck to all the contestants.