Road to Laugh Tale Booklet

I guess Oda scrapped that idea because in that way Yamato would have had a style too similar to Robin. Still,she was cool
Don't think that at all, she could have still used the kanabo or both kanabo with some martial arts, she would have stood out well enough instead of being a female Oden.

I guess Oda scrapped that idea because in that way Yamato would have had a style too similar to Robin. Still,she was cool
I think someone among his editors suggested different design and color scheme (gradient hair, etc.) and she ended up looking more like a character from a crazy popular Demon Slayer rather than from OP universe. Everything about her design says that whoever designed her final look wanted to check all the boxes and make an attention grabber. Basically they gave her everything what Japanese teenagers like currently and what is trendy. Usually Oda's female characters are way more "plain"-looking.

Last edited:

Sorry, I promise I won't ask for another translation..But I found many translations for these pages..I do not know which is correct
Please translate if you have free time..Thank you
@ivaannom

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Some of those Yamato concepts look even better than what we got eventually.
Oda can draw unique female faces if he wants. But in the finished manga they all end up looking like Namis.
I agree, I like the more rugged versions. She still looks pretty in those and it would have been a unique vibe for characters in this series