Road to Laugh Tale Booklet

Yamato as a swordsman makes whole lot more sense. Why is she using her dad’s fighting style while posing as his greatest enemy if she hates Kaido so much? :lawsigh:

I swear sometimes Oda just likes to make characters that contradict themselves along every step of the way. Character progression followed by regression.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
I kind of wished she was introduced in Udon instead or something, like instead of Kawamatsu being in that cell it was her, then she breaks out with the rest of the prisoners and goes to Onigashima with the alliance
actually this way it wouldn’t have felt like she was someone that just came out of nowhere and was ready to fight for Luffy and them. In the cell Kawamatsu was posed as being this super dangerous and deadly being, it would have had some much more impact if Yamato was introduced this way instead

B

Ballel

I agree, I like the more rugged versions. She still looks pretty in those and it would have been a unique vibe for characters in this series
.Sometimes Oda's concepts almost look like his pre ts artstyle.
Idk what's happening, why he's ruining characters befire theor introduction and chooses the worst out of his concepts.
Either he lost his touch or he is under bad influence from his editors. We saw what that perv Naito was capable of

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Yamato as a swordsman makes whole lot more sense. Why is she using her dad’s fighting style while posing as his greatest enemy if she hates Kaido so much? :lawsigh:

I swear sometimes Oda just likes to make characters that contradict themselves along every step of the way. Character progression followed by regression.
Yamato : "I hate my father so much!!"
Also Yamato : "Thunder Baguuuaaaa!!"
:kaidowhat::kaidowhat::kaidowhat:

D

Deleted member 83

Changes, in multiple sketches Yamato dislike being treated as a man unlike the manga, she also has a dialogue telling them not to call her young master(masculine title)
She was also taught that the former shogun is a bad guy and her dad and Orochi brought him to justice
In one sketch she’s also talking about destroying the kozuki clan and she should become the shogun
Omusubi looks like he was originally designed to be Kaido’s subordinate or something, as there’s a sketch of him calling Yamato “young master”

Changes, in multiple sketches Yamato dislike being treated as a woman unlike the manga, she also has a dialogue telling them not to call her young master(masculine title)
She was also taught that the former shogun is a bad guy and her dad and Orochi brought him to justice
In one sketch she’s also talking about destroying the kozuki clan and she should become the shogun
Omusubi looks like he was originally designed to be Kaido’s subordinate or something, as there’s a sketch of him calling Yamato “young master”
Can you translate that text?

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Changes, in multiple sketches Yamato dislike being treated as a woman unlike the manga, she also has a dialogue telling them not to call her young master(masculine title)
I like Propaganda-brainwashed Yamato better :kriwhat:

B

BBsZehahaInTheNewWorld

Changes, in multiple sketches Yamato dislike being treated as a man unlike the manga, she also has a dialogue telling them not to call her young master(masculine title)
Wasted potential 10000%
:queenmeme:

D

Deleted member 83

I like Propaganda-brainwashed Yamato better :kriwhat:
“He’s a man, that’s what I’m having trouble with.
I want to go out to sea just like Oden
(but) I(boku) am a girl, does that mean I can’t…?”
“Back then Wano had an evil Shogun, and the people were suffering because of him. The ones who took him down were Orochi, the current Shogun, and my father”

“I thought that the Kozukis are evil based on what my father said, but…now I choose to believe this journal”
“I love the samurais, I love Kozuki Oden”
“My father is wrong”

“The kozuki clan must be destroyed”
“I heard that my father has found a new partner and will be taking the country from Orochi”
“I have to become the shogun”

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
“He’s a man, that’s what I’m having trouble with. I want to go out to sea just like Oden, but I(boku) am a girl, does that mean I can’t…?”
“Back then Wano had an evil Shogun, and the people were suffering because of him. The ones who took him down were Orochi, the current Shogun, and my father”

“I thought that the Kozukis are evil based on what my father said, but…now I choose to believe this journal”
“I love the samurais, I love Kozuki Oden”
“My father is wrong”

“The kozuki clan must be destroyed”
“I heard that my father has found a new partner and will be taking the country from Orochi”
“I have to become the shogun”
Yamato went from best girl to.... Yamato.

Oda went too far this time.

So Oda traded all that for the Ace fan service in Wano lmao

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
You guys understand that Yamato would've turned good in present time anyway right? The brainwashing was only apparent before she found Oden's journal
Exactlyyyy I would have liked that more. Seeing it happen in present time would have at least given her a character arc