Road to Laugh Tale Booklet

D

Deleted member 83

You guys understand that Yamato would've turned good in present time anyway right? The brainwashing was only apparent before she found Oden's journal
One version is yamato loving Oden after reading his journal
Another is adult Yamato talking about the kozuki clan must be destroyed, and it looks like she’s talking to Momo

Yamato as a swordsman makes whole lot more sense. Why is she using her dad’s fighting style while posing as his greatest enemy if she hates Kaido so much? :lawsigh:

I swear sometimes Oda just likes to make characters that contradict themselves along every step of the way. Character progression followed by regression.
Kanabo>>>>yet another sword user. Her fighting like Kaido while claiming to be Oden is a lot better because it reinforces how she is his daughter but broke from the original path Kaido intended for her

I kind of wished she was introduced in Udon instead or something, like instead of Kawamatsu being in that cell it was her, then she breaks out with the rest of the prisoners and goes to Onigashima with the alliance
That would've been nice
Post automatically merged:

We don’t know how old she’s supposed to be in the original plans anyway
But these sketches look pretty grownup or teenage to me
Is there any new info in the makami part?

Well from what I remember it was supposed to be a character arc where she realizes she doesn't need to be a man to accomplish her dream.

Instead we're stuck with 0 character development, draft Yamato sounds a lot more interesting on paper
On paper sure but that's what concept art always is good on paper
Because last time we had a female character struggling with her gender we got Tashigi's ""character development"" in Punk Hazard

On paper sure but that's what concept art always is good on paper
Because last time we had a female character struggling with her gender we got Tashigi's ""character development"" in Punk Hazard
yeah thats why i included on paper because there's always the chance he screws up lmao

Shit current Yamato had such an easy character arc and he blew it

Kanabo>>>>yet another sword user. Her fighting like Kaido while claiming to be Oden is a lot better because it reinforces how she is his daughter but broke from the original path Kaido intended for her
Nah the kanabo looks cooler
The kanabo fighting style suits her great, I'm not denying that. But given her relationship with Kaido, which was hostile since she was a little kid, it makes zero sense why she would copy it instead of her idol's.

Oda hit all the checkmarks with Yamato when it came to design, fighting style, and personality, but shat the bed when it came to characterization.

also since kaido has been her strongest opponent consistently it makes sense that his fighting style would be the easiest to learn and the obvious choice since he's been the strongest for so long.

I said it
Yamato would have been better if she was against the alliance
But nah Oda wants all sons/daughters of Great Pirates to be friendly with Luffy: Katakuri, Ace, Yamato, Weevil (soon)

Or at least she didn't have the Oden sickness.

Men > Women according to Oda

and this is ya so call God
talking about sexism means youre sexist. fucking moron lol. oh man yamato is sad because her country and upbringing were sexist. that must mean oda wants yamato to be sad and hes sexist.
Post automatically merged:

ive never been more confident that roo cant read

Changes, in multiple sketches Yamato dislike being treated as a man unlike the manga, she also has a dialogue telling them not to call her young master(masculine title)
She was also taught that the former shogun is a bad guy and her dad and Orochi brought him to justice
In one sketch she’s also talking about destroying the kozuki clan and she should become the shogun
Omusubi looks like he was originally designed to be Kaido’s subordinate or something, as there’s a sketch of him calling Yamato “young master”
Oh man. Woulda been SOOO much better