Road to Laugh Tale Booklet

Says zoan awakening changes your personality and makes your mind weaker, kaido stayed the same the whole time while Luffy turning extra goofy and stupid is explained by his zoan
This makes me think that the Drunk Modes at some point were meant to be Awakening stuff with the change of personality, maybe even being Kaido's own way to access it. Just like Chopper using a modified drug (Rumble Ball) to change appearances and access a Beastly form with weak control over your actions that looks eerily similar to the Impel Down guards. Hell, ALCOHOL IS A FUCKING DRUG, IT COULD HAVE SERVED THE SAME FUNCTION.

And then Oda fucked it up because Drunk modes stayed for 2 chapters, and Kaido never stated anything about Awakening during that nor showed anything even remotely close to losing control over his actions or mind.

Jesus Christ Oda had all the pieces and then fumbled it for a giant fire dragon.

:josad:

Oda should have made Yamato a swordsman, he proclaims himself Oden and uses a Kanabo just like his father, Yamato the biggest fraud of the series

Characters just like us humans who contradict ourselves.
Taking on the fighting style of the person you hate the most, using his attacks, while worshipping his greatest enemy isn’t a “human” issue. Without proper justification, there’s zero sense in it.

It would be like Luffy learning how to use his own version of Daifunka and calling it that in honor of Akainu.

Taking on the fighting style of the person you hate the most, using his attacks, while worshipping his greatest enemy isn’t a “human” issue. Without proper justification, there’s zero sense in it.

It would be like Luffy learning how to use his own version of Daifunka and calling it that in honor of Akainu.
I wonder if Kaido kept all other types weapons away from Yamato? Once trained and under attack you go with what you know. That is why Yamato kept with using the club? Otherwise, your logic makes excellent psychological sense.

I don't think she had a choice as she learned fighting mostly by seeing Kaido and fighting him.

The series needs a female swordsman who’s competent
Perhaps but if she has basically the same personality has Zoro and joins the strawshat I really don't see the point.

All the strawhats have unique personalities, no need for another Zoro in crew. If she doesn't join the strawhats then that's another story.

Y'all have a fetish for swords:kriwhat:
It's mad annoying and boring there are different weapon styles out there. I'm glad Oda made it so Yamato uses a Kanabo, she doesn't need to be a swordsman when we have Zoro and Brook already

Oda should have made Yamato a swordsman, he proclaims himself Oden and uses a Kanabo just like his father, Yamato the biggest fraud of the series
Nah, she couldn't learn swordsmanship from anyone. The only prominent swordsmen she encounter got killed when she was still a child

it's about the fact that she got beaten by a club so many times, the best way to learn how to use a weapon is to get smashed by it
Well said