Road to Laugh Tale Booklet

This makes me think that the Drunk Modes at some point were meant to be Awakening stuff with the change of personality, maybe even being Kaido's own way to access it. Just like Chopper using a modified drug (Rumble Ball) to change appearances and access a Beastly form with weak control over your actions that looks eerily similar to the Impel Down guards. Hell, ALCOHOL IS A FUCKING DRUG, IT COULD HAVE SERVED THE SAME FUNCTION.

And then Oda fucked it up because Drunk modes stayed for 2 chapters, and Kaido never stated anything about Awakening during that nor showed anything even remotely close to losing control over his actions or mind.

Jesus Christ Oda had all the pieces and then fumbled it for a giant fire dragon.

:josad:
i think hes just going to come back lol. the end of wano is going to be a real clusterfuck

Yamato as a swordsman makes whole lot more sense. Why is she using her dad’s fighting style while posing as his greatest enemy if she hates Kaido so much? :lawsigh:

I swear sometimes Oda just likes to make characters that contradict themselves along every step of the way. Character progression followed by regression.
Having another swordsman in the crew would be lame.

Someone with Kaido's fighting style >>> third swordsman.

Forbid she starts stealing Oden's attack names too.

That style is reserved for Momo.

I don’t see how that works as the “best” training method for learning how to use a weapon. I would think sparring at graduated levels withe appropriate stress would be a better way to learn.
Learning and memory under stress
That article is about academics and has little relevance when it comes to martial arts. This issue is quite simple, kaido has been undoubtedly yamatos strongest opponent and sparing partner, there is a bit of a zolo parallel here as well if you think about how zolo trained under mihawk and learned from him while staying committed to beating him. Also this is just an assumption but I would argue that kaido wanting his child to be strong was actually in his own twisted way training Yamato even if it was to an extreme level where failure or weakness could mean certain death.
Post automatically merged:

?
Post automatically merged:

What's wrong with whising more zoro info
I agree, lots of people thought wano was supposed to be zoro's character arc with more backstory. I hope we at least get to see him visit ryumas grave and learn something about the shimotsuki after greenbull and before they leave wano

Last edited: