General & Others Roger had an easier time becoming pirate king

Of course an admiral/yonko/Prime Garp would still be a serious threat to Roger / Prime Whitebeard. Saying the latter are a level above the former does mean that they could easily win. No one can easily win against a yonko/admiral/Prime Garp. But Roger and Prime Whitebeard are stronger to an extent that warrants them placing a level above them. Just look at how stroong an old, sick and dying Whitebeard still was and how far he was from his prime.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Of course an admiral/yonko/Prime Garp would still be a serious threat to Roger / Prime Whitebeard. Saying the latter are a level above the former does mean that they could easily win. No one can easily win against a yonko/admiral/Prime Garp. But Roger and Prime Whitebeard are stronger to an extent that warrants them placing a level above them. Just look at how stroong an old, sick and dying Whitebeard still was and how far he was from his prime.
Do you have feats to solidly place them above current Top Tiers? What does Roger and WB do to Linlin's Homies who have logia level AP and DC and can't be hurt by Haki?

Yet he was weaker than yonko/admirals. Look how he was getting toyed with by said admirals.
he wasn’t a level above that’s the point, they would imo always win but it’s very high extreme diff.
Post automatically merged:

There's no way to tell because so many missing pieces to the puzzle

I bet his journey was similar to Luffy's honestly

All indicates this... after all even his legendary voyage to Water 7 was so similar
Not really, he made a stop gap by water seven and continued on his journey. No fancy government plot and ancient weapon,etc

from what we saw, and what we know, his journey was easier.

When Shanks said: "I wanted the captain to run away sometimes.", that line indicates that Roger and Shanks have seen better days, and you say Roger had an easier time becoming a Pirate King?
Easier doesn’t mean without danger lmfao.
Don’t conflate easy with easier, I said it was easier compared to the current climates back then the man had next to no competition vying for pk and that’s a fact.

Old and sick WB was toyed with by Admirals, the only time he did something was when sneak attacking and then ''delaying'' the fight...
He is unkillable though we have to give him that...probably his strongest trait xD

Yet he was weaker than yonko/admirals. Look how he was getting toyed with by said admirals.
he wasn’t a level above that’s the point, they would imo always win but it’s very high extreme diff.
He was definetely weaker no doubt but he was old and sick and still managed to tank à hit that took a third of his face plus his organs liquified plus multiple stabs ect... Dude was a freak in terms of resillience, he has the best feats in the OP world

He was definetely weaker no doubt but he was old and sick and still managed to tank à hit that took a third of his face plus his organs liquified plus multiple stabs ect... Dude was a freak in terms of resillience, he has the best feats in the OP world
Not disagreeing with that, I’m just saying that if we scale him up to his prime Lvl he should go from getting toyed with by admirals with trash tier haki to being a bit above then judging by the fact that his equal, roger considered admirals threats.

Not disagreeing with that, I’m just saying that if we scale him up to his prime Lvl he should go from getting toyed with by admirals with trash tier haki to being a bit above then judging by the fact that his equal, roger considered admirals threats.
Roger only considered Garp and Sengoku threats, Garp being future Luffy without Devil Fruit bufff. The Admirals are weak.

I don't say it easier....think of it like this....let me give you some reserach related example

In 1900s there are less competition in pursuing Ph.D or doing research and at the same time there are lack of resources or technology to gather information and do work, so it was very difficult to do research but they persisted and succeeded in the end and paved a way for future generation (Roger did).

Now there is a lot of competition and so many research scholars around the world (Yonkos/worst gen and many named pirates) even for any single research field and at the same time we have plenty of resources/softwares and knowledge passed by older generations to utilize and get success in the journey...less difficulty in obtaining information but more competition (Luffy).

Hope I put in an understandable way.

Bill Gates is the one who invented Microsoft first and now we got many similar softwares does that mean that Bill Gates had easier time to invent microsoft?

We don't know Roger Pirates entire adventures so we can't really tell...

His era had Rox Pirates, prime WB Pirates, BM Pirates, prime Golden Lion Pirates, prime Chinjao Pirates, prime Kong, prime Garp, prime Sengoku, prime Tsuru, to name a few...
It’s not about what it has, it’s that those people didn’t know that the one piece existed nor cared.

Meaning that on his JOURNEY there he had no one vying for it. Whereas now multiple top tiers do as well as the marines trying to stop it and thousands of rising pirates too.
Please don’t conflate the two things, I’m talking about his journey to raftel.

It’s not about what it has, it’s that those people didn’t know that the one piece existed nor cared.

Meaning that on his JOURNEY there he had no one vying for it. Whereas now multiple top tiers do as well as the marines trying to stop it and thousands of rising pirates too.
Please don’t conflate the two things, I’m talking about his journey to raftel.
Now I get it... Thanks for the clarification...

Worst

Custom title
He had more than an easy time, he was strong for sure we saw that but he was the only one aiming for that, WB couldn't care , Shiki was doing his own business Kaido was still a brat and BM wasn't that strong nor had the power she have today.....
He basically had a free pass.....

In terms of competition, there wasn't anything or anyone to stop Roger from getting the One Piece aside from his illness killing him sooner than expected. The battle with the Rox happened way before he went on his final voyage for the OP, Garp and Sengoku didn't bother him unless he was messing around with other pirates, Rocks himself is implied to have a different ambition, and so did Whitebeard (wanting to have a family), Shiki (ruling the world, not being PK), Kaido, and Linlin. Even after the existence of the OP was revealed, only Kaido and Linlin were the ones from the old generation (that we know of) who expressed interest in getting it. Getting the OP is integral to achieving Pirate King status, and Roger was the only one going for the treasure in his time, as far as we know.

This isn't to say Roger didn't have a tough time, but compared to Luffy's journey, he had a smoother voyage.

Old Whitebeard was able to extreeme-diff win against Akainu, the strongest admiral, while he had already sustained heavy damage such as beeing penetrated by a huge sword to his chest. This makes up more or less for his first attack catching Akainu off guard. At the very least this shows he was Admiral/yonko level even when old and sick, even if maybe a bit weaker than the rest of the yonko and Admirals.

And everyone was comentating how Whitebeard was not a little weaker than in his prime, but that he was basically a joke compared to his former self. If Old Whitebeard = Yonko/Admiral (at worst slightly weaker) and Prime Whitebeard>>Old Whitebeard then, Prime Whitebeard is >>Yonko/Admirals.

So we have:
1. Roger/Prime Whitebeard
2. Yonko/Admirals/Prime Garp