Chapter Discussion Roger Pirates have a lots of explaining to do

Chapter 1095 and beyond has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Roger Pirates was respected by many good folks from around the world who have met them and the crew are all likeable. To think we've read/watched 1,000+ only to find out he aided the Celestial Dragon in God Valley. I just don't want to accept that.

My head canon says Garb told his men to lie about the incident and Roger-Garb vs Xebec never happened.

The issue here is that "typical" yonko crew is comparable to a marine HQ in size and hierarchy. Roger Pirates were just a relatively small crew of extremely strong pirates (and buggy). I mean, come now, old man Rayleigh was literally described as orders of magnitude stronger than all supernovas combined pre-timeskip. So overall it kind of evens out 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 .

Last edited:

Roger Pirates was respected by many good folks from around the world who have met them and the crew are all likeable. To think we've read/watched 1,000+ only to find out he aided the Celestial Dragon in God Valley. I just don't want to accept that.

My head canon says Garb told his men to lie about the incident and Roger-Garb vs Xebec never happened.
We knew that aided the Celestial Dragon since reverie or so, when Rocks and god valley got name dropped?
Is this the power of spee D. Reading?

We knew that aided the Celestial Dragon since reverie or so, when Rocks and god valley got name dropped?
Is this the power of spee D. Reading?
I hope that was made up from Sengoku who didn’t know Garb was protecting Ace. So far, we’ve only seen Garb going after Roger who went after Xebec.

We already know Garp and Roger saved celestial dragon way before the reverie started.
Post automatically merged:

Did Wano live up the potential?
nope imo

We don't know the full story yet. Roger pirates probably had reasons for it. They are proto SH pirates.
Propaganda.

Roger was there for the prizes, and Xebec showed up so they fought. Roger pirates and Garp defeated the Rocks pirates, and WG turned it into "they protected the Celestial Dragons."
Thanks for the assuring post, this sounds plausible because I refuse to believe they helped the Celestial Dragon.

Some of Roger/Rock’s lines toward Xebec in ch 1096 tells me that they had a Luffy and Buggy type of rivalry and some of Rocks crew in their young age were angels compared to the CD. Also, Croco and Shikhi cover page, Roger and Whitebeard’s relationship and Reyleigh crying over Whitebeard’s death shows Rocks and Roger pirates relationship weren't bad as they appear.

So, i’m positive they didn’t go around and say we’ll save the Celestial Dragon from them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the assuring post, this sounds plausible. I refuse to believe they helped the Celestial Dragon.

Some of Roger’s lines toward Xebec in ch 1096 tells me that they had a Luffy and Buggy type of rivalry and some of Rocks crew in their young age were angels compared to the CD. Also, Croco and Shikhi cover page, Roger and Whitebeard’s relationship and Reyleigh crying over Whitebeard’s death shows Rocks ane Roger pirates had a soft spot with each other.

I’m sure a dying Xebec told Roger to look after Buggy the same way Roger told Garb to look after Ace.

So, i’m positive they didn’t go around and say we’ll save the Celestial Dragon from them.
Sengoku is a government dog so he will obviously spin the story lol.

Thanks for the assuring post, this sounds plausible. I refuse to believe they helped the Celestial Dragon.

Some of Roger’s lines toward Xebec in ch 1096 tells me that they had a Luffy and Buggy type of rivalry and some of Rocks crew in their young age were angels compared to the CD. Also, Croco and Shikhi cover page, Roger and Whitebeard’s relationship and Reyleigh crying over Whitebeard’s death shows Rocks and Roger pirates relationship wasn’t bad as they appear.

I’m sure a dying Xebec told Roger to look after Buggy the same way Roger told Garb to look after Ace after the crew abandoned him.

After we got a glimpse of God Valley, the million dollar question was, why did the CDs need protection when Saturn and the Holy Knights were there. Sure, it is a Marines bound duty, but for the Roger pirates it is a different story.

My personal guess is when Xebec arrived, the CDs switched focus from hunting the citizens, to fighting against the Rocks pirates. On the surface it looked like Roger was fighting with the CDs because they had a common enemy, but in reality, Roger didn't give two shits whether they lived or died. Since Roger was fighting the Rocks pirates, and the CDs started fighting the Rocks pirates, then naturally the WG reported it that Roger protected the CDs. Then God's Valley was wiped off the map, to keep the truth hidden.