Role play section

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

A role play section is something that requires a lot of time and dedication to pull off. You'll have to go your part of the forum with its own subsections, then create different threads with rules on how to create your character, how to join an organization, what you can do as your character, what you can't do. Then the rules to actually role play. What's legal and what isn't.

Another very important thing you'll need to do is set up the open world. Create One Piece islands with NPCs with all these different stats. You'll need to create races with starter packs for users to use as characters. Tools, accessories, weapons etc. Can I be a cyborg? Can I be a giant? What are the terms for all these things? You'll have to somehow make sure everything checks and balances each other so ppl don't make completely overpowered characters. And then you'll have to create a leveling system for characters to level up. Also, what are the rules on death, healing, and traveling?

You are literally creating an open world video game and placing it on a forum platform. This isn't lightwork that us mods can just create. While it looks extremely hard, I know that it is possible to make as the forum Oro Jackson had it but that forum had someone who had the experience and desire to pull it off. Nobody on the mod team has any of that. I myself did participate in the RP section back on OJ and I can tell you that I have zero clue as to where to begin if I were to create an RP section. The other mods lack that experience and background as well. I also don't believe that there's anyone else on the forum who can meet those qualifications. If anyone does then PM one of us mods so we can discuss how to set things in motion.

At the moment, there are no plans for an RP section.

F

Fallen Prince

People should volunteer if they know how to run rp.

I think rp is far more difficult ths mafia games because RP section requires originality and novel idea not easy to pull off .

knuckleheadninja

Homeroom Teacher
That is totally fine. I can see it will put up lot of work on Moderators. I just wanted someone to address this thread.
But if people are ready to volunteer to help then it would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.