Character Discussion Roronoa Zoro: Overall Do you prefer the character Pre-Timeskip or Post-Timeskip?

Which Version of Zoro do you prefer?

• Total voters
I don’t especially think Zoro’s been all that different as a character between pre and post skip. The reason I’ll pick pre skip is because of Oda’s refusal to actually test Zoro up until Wano, and Zoro needs to really tested as well as having down time to really shine. His none-fighting moments have been broadly the same- just, like all the Strawhats, the crew need to interact with each other more, not rando’s.

Pre-Timeskip
Now Zoro is just a simple and boring role, a fighting tool

He exists only to defeat stronger enemies... You can find any powerful person to replace him

He is a “badass” character that can be seen everywhere in any cartoon, aesthetic fatigue

Post TS Zoro is all about business. Very serious and going for the jugular. Pre TS Zoro had more interactions overall with the crew and could have a good laugh here or there. I like post TS Zoro cause he's a lot more bad ass and very goal oriented. He's also one of the tops in verse now with advCoC so I feel like Luffy and Zoro could beat anyone from here on out.

Pre
He had a personality and wasn’t just a mute character/NPC

He only seems to interact with his superiors Luffy and Sanji mostly
Post automatically merged:

Personally, I miss when Zoro was a character
His fans just make him quite unbearable
I miss the days when zoro was comparable to sanji. Nowadays he's just outclassed and it's not even funny.

Also you're right. Nowadays he's just a lifeless npc who only says/does generic shit

Remember skypiea zoro doing the George of the jungle scream? I miss that

I think Zoro post timeskip is a little “corny” for this kind of manga.
Right luffy already has that aspect but it's better balanced. Zoro sticks out like a sore thumb

Post-TS Zoro is the most badass character ever.
No need to interact with weak character, he only talks with the strong ones.
Good thing his main interactions are with sanji

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
One of my favorite funny events is during Skypie, Zoro picking up that vine and doing his finest Tarzan impression.
That came out of nowhere and I laughed so hard at that. Good times.

Post-TS character is introduced doing some edgelord "blame faith for your misfortune" after destroying the ship of a random pirate crew. Even more retarded is the fact that he was the one that mistook a fishing boat for a pirate ship. A completely dumb and disrespectful thing that made his character look nothing more than a huge dick.

I hate that moment in particular.

Pre-TS Zoro negs diff Post-TS Zoro character wise and it's not even close.
Thriller Bark Zoro, I miss that shit.

But Wano Zoro also proved hella badass and good against Kaido on the rooftop, pulling a similar stunt. :zosleepy: