Powers & Abilities Roronoa Zoro - The Soul-Cutting Blade

Some observations:

1) I'd rather Brook to have this power way more than Zoro. Fits him better.

2) The breath of things has been apparently retconned into advanced armament and has lost its particularities, so I wouldn't use it as basis for a theory; at least not before Oda explains this retconning properly and fills the holes he left.

Aside from this, I also thought a while ago that Zoro may overcome Shiliew's invisibility using the breath of things in order to locate him or part of him (such as his sword). I don't know about his soul because the breath of things didn't seem to work that way, mainly because things have no soul (hence why Big Mom can put one in them). But again, Oda pretty much destroyed this whole power of swordsmen, so I don't know what to think anymore.

I don't know about his soul because the breath of things didn't seem to work that way, mainly because things have no soul (hence why Big Mom can put one in them). But again, Oda pretty much destroyed this whole power of swordsmen, so I don't know what to think anymore.
I guess it would be more that the breath of living things would allow you to perceive their soul. Basically the soul itself would have it's own breath, distinct from the material world.

It wasn't my point who you are fan of or not.

You are just either shitting on Zoro and calling out people or sucking Zoro off.

I'm just curious if you are not Tsundere for Zoro by any chance
yes, it sure is suspicious how suddenly he created a zoro hype thread, after his previous threads had him being called out for his obsession to zoro. This is probably just kuro a shit's attempt to stop people from calling him out. Something like, "No I actually like zoro! See, i made this one thread where zoro would cut the essence of life"

There are times when i "shit" on Zoro jokingly, because i love his rivalry with Sanji and i find it fun to emulate that.

Most of the time when people say i shit on Zoro though, i'm just saying things as i believe they are or will be.

For example i was told i was shitting on Zoro for saying Oda will group him up with Killer, and that happened in the very next chapter.
I do it too:milaugh:

Btw Good thread. Loved it.

The connection of King attacking Sanji and asking to just dissappear, to Clear Clear fruit was great.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Zoro's power turning into the anti Big Mom? Would be cool but his focus is Kaido for this one arc this is why the cutting fire quirk came into place for now.

I'm fairly sure he will in the least learn how to cut up other elemental forces.

Nice thread @Kuro Ashi :cheers:

Anyway, there's that one theory on Reddit and the video on YouTube (forgot where it is) that talks about how Zoro cutting pretty much a nonexistence being and how Zoro will achieve "dimension slash" in the future.

Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen stated that emotions come from the soul. People overthink the things that they can't see.

If Shiryu can manage to alter his soul so that he wouldn't get hit physically then that would be cool. Zoro vs Shiryu will probably be similar to Yuji vs Mahito.

What if Zoro going one step even further? The boundaries of life and death can allows Zoro to cut anything in existence and nonexistence. And this is where dimension slash coming in.

In Black Clover, Yami uses dimension slash to cuts the things that he can't physically touch. Zoro having dimension slash would be useful against Shiryu since Zoro can't physically hit him.

Anyway, there's that one theory on Reddit and the video on YouTube (forgot where it is) that talks about how Zoro cutting pretty much a nonexistence being and how Zoro will achieve "dimension slash" in the future.

Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen stated that emotions come from the soul. People overthink the things that they can't see.

If Shiryu can manage to alter his soul so that he wouldn't get hit physically then that would be cool. Zoro vs Shiryu will probably be similar to Yuji vs Mahito.

What if Zoro going one step even further? The boundaries of life and death can allows Zoro to cut anything in existence and nonexistence. And this is where dimension slash coming in.

In Black Clover, Yami uses dimension slash to cuts the things that he can't physically touch. Zoro having dimension slash would be useful against Shiryu since Zoro can't physically hit him.
Well the Mahito thing would not work for Shiryu, since he would not have a way to manipulate his own soul.

Basically that would be one of Shiryu's weaknesses, that his Clear Clear fruit could make his physical body disappear, but his Soul would still be there, and vulnerable to those few who can interact with it.

I don't think that's going to happen because I don't believe the clear clear fruit will make an user's body intangible. Even if it did I don't believe it would be any different than a logia. Haki counters logia df power and allows opponents to visually touch their real body.

I don't think that's going to happen because I don't believe the clear clear fruit will make an user's body intangible. Even if it did I don't believe it would be any different than a logia. Haki counters logia df power and allows opponents to visually touch their real body.
The difference though is that the Logia's still have a physical body that they can interact with via their Haki.

Haki can't interact with something without physical presence, as seen when Luffy attacked Prometheus with Haki and could do nothing to him because he could not damage his soul.

The difference though is that the Logia's still have a physical body that they can interact with via their Haki.

Haki can't interact with something without physical presence, as seen when Luffy attacked Prometheus with Haki and could do nothing to him because he could not damage his soul.
Yeah but that's because Luffy wasn't attacking the source. He was attacking Big Mom's power that she have placed in the intangible object.

Take Ace for an example. If Luffy and Ace fought Luffy can attack Ace's body and hurt him with haki but if Ace used a fire attack on Luffy, Luffy couldn't attack the fire attack because it's intangible. His attacks will go right through it and probably catch his body on fire.

The reason Luffy's attack didn't work on Prometheus was because it is fire and fire is intangible. If big mom would have put her soul into something that's tangible then Luffy could attack it.

Yeah but that's because Luffy wasn't attacking the source. He was attacking Big Mom's power that she have placed in the intangible object.

Take Ace for an example. If Luffy and Ace fought Luffy can attack Ace's body and hurt him with haki but if Ace used a fire attack on Luffy, Luffy couldn't attack the fire attack because it's intangible. His attacks will go right through it and probably catch his body on fire.

The reason Luffy's attack didn't work on Prometheus was because it is fire and fire is intangible. If big mom would have put her soul into something that's tangible then Luffy could attack it.
If the clear clear fruit could make it so that you have no physical presence though, there would be nothing to use the Haki on.

Haki can't interact with one's Soul, which is why Brook was special and the first person to hurt Big Mom's Homie.

So...if this dimension cutting happen during Zoro vs Shiryu, much later, Zoro vs Mihawk has to take place in another dimension to prevent the whole planet from getting sliced up, then?

Well the Mahito thing would not work for Shiryu, since he would not have a way to manipulate his own soul.
Yeah, I'm just making example.
Basically that would be one of Shiryu's weaknesses, that his Clear Clear fruit could make his physical body disappear, but his Soul would still be there, and vulnerable to those few who can interact with it.
Yup. That's where dimension slash will come in play. It can't cut physically but it can cut things that is nonexistent.
So...if this dimension cutting happen during Zoro vs Shiryu, much later, Zoro vs Mihawk has to take place in another dimension to prevent the whole planet from getting sliced up, then?
That's depend on where Oda will go with power level. Personally I don't think Zoro will be a hax swordsman like Law for example. I prefer sword fight to be normal and not involved with any weird hax abilities and such.